IGNORED

Laser Range Finder

Note: This thread is 5285 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm finally ready to spring for a laser range finder. Problem is I have no idea where or what to start looking at. I know they're pretty pricey, so I'm willing to spend. I don't need the very top of the line one, but would like it to be reliable and accurate. So any suggestions would be great, thanks.

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

I have a Bushnell Tour V2. It’s a nice little device.

Whatever rangefinder you choose I would recommend that it has some kind of “pinseeker” technology – this makes it easier to zero in on the flagstick.

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

Can u explain more about the pinseeker feature? Like what exactly does it do?

Also if anybody could list any other things I should be looking for in a range finder.

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

Can u explain more about the pinseeker feature? Like what exactly does it do?

I've got the Bushnell 1500 without slope and couldn't be happier.

"Pinseeker" is a feature where the rangefinder locks onto the object in the foreground and excludes objects in the background. So, for example, if you're shooting a flag and it's got a lot of trees behind the flag in the background, it would be very easy to shoot the trees and not the flag and get an incorrect reading. "Pinseeker" gets the flag (from the foreground) and ignores the trees or other objects in the background. It makes it VERY easy to get a yardage. Seriously take no more than 2 or 3 seconds.

I love the Leupold I purchased over the summer. Found it on ebay and saved about $50.

In my Bagboy cart bag:
Driver: TM R11s 10.5 R-flex 3W: TM 09 Burner 3H: TM 09 Burner Irons: TM Tour Burner 4-PW r-flex
Wedges: Wilson TW9 GW, Ping Eye 2+ SW, Vokey SM 58.08      Putter:TM Rossa Spider Ball: TM TP/Red LDP, TF Gamer v2   Range Finder: GX-I

I have the Tour V2 also and it's great. Smaller than the Pinseeker 1600 so it's easier to carry, seems just as accurate and even if it won't shoot a target 1000 yards away, so what? How often would you ever need to shoot from that far? It will pick up a flag at 300 yards, and that seems like plenty to me.

Pinseeker is logic circuitry that allows it to pick out the pin from any background clutter. It "sees" all of the objects in the scan, then displays the distance to the nearest one, which should be the flag. Pinseeker can be toggled off when you don't want it so you can scan the slope of a hill or the bank of a stream or bunker face and not have it lock on to any false readings.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a callaway nikon and I love it but to be honest they are pretty much all the same. I would recommend being sure it has whatever brands "pinseeker" unless you have really steady hands.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

• Administrator
Has anyone tried the Leupold GXII? I've been thinking about that one.

I would just get the GX-I. The elevation thingy has always struck me as goofy AND it's illegal 100% of the time.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have a Bushnell medalist with pinseeker got it on sale for 249 delivered.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

So I think through research I've found that the kind of main 3 companies are Leupold, Bushnell, and Nikon. They all seem to have similar models. Any one better than the others? Any suggestions?

• Administrator
So I think through research I've found that the kind of main 3 companies are Leupold, Bushnell, and Nikon. They all seem to have similar models. Any one better than the others? Any suggestions?

I like the Leupold for its smaller size, accuracy, reticle options, and battery life. And the price tends to be as good or better.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm still going with the fact they are generally all the same. Why not go to a golf store and take a look at all of them and see which one feels right to you.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

I like the Leupold for its smaller size, accuracy, reticle options, and battery life. And the price tends to be as good or better.

Totally agree with iacas. I love my GX-1. Good value as well. The scan mode when you hold down the button works good. It is really easy to see if you hit the pin or not.

What I Play:
Ping Rapture V1 9° stock UST stiff | Taylormade V-steel, 15° and 18°, UST Proforce V2 stiff | Mizuno MP-57 3-PW Project X 5.5 | Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52.08/58.12 | 35" Scotty Cameron Studio Select | Titleist Pro V1 | Leupold GX-1 Rangefinder

Totally agree with iacas. I love my GX-1. Good value as well. The scan mode when you hold down the button works good. It is really easy to see if you hit the pin or not.

But the Bushnell Tour V2 works exactly the same....

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

But the Bushnell Tour V2 works exactly the same....

So does my callaway nikon... haha

Then do as clubchamp said and check them out. Seems that you can't really go wrong... However, if you use a push cart, check that the rangefinders fits in the console. The Leupold fits nicely in the Clicgear 2.0.

What I Play:
Ping Rapture V1 9° stock UST stiff | Taylormade V-steel, 15° and 18°, UST Proforce V2 stiff | Mizuno MP-57 3-PW Project X 5.5 | Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52.08/58.12 | 35" Scotty Cameron Studio Select | Titleist Pro V1 | Leupold GX-1 Rangefinder

Note: This thread is 5285 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!