IGNORED

Playing a hole with only one club

ks8829
Note: This thread is 5272 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The only way I could get my handicap down to 10 was to play within my limitations. So I decided to stick with the longest club that I consistently hit straight, 7i. Even off the tees, 150 yards. You are the laughing stock until scores are tallied.

i've played with the bare minimum, driver, 5 iron, sw, and putter. shot 4 over on 18 on my home course. most fun i had ever had playing and it's a great experience. it felt like an accomplishment.
In My Under Armour Links Stand Bag or PING Hoofer Vantage Team Bag :
i15 9.5°, Project X Graphite -7A3 | i15 15.5°, Project X Graphite -8A4 | S57 2 - PW, Project X 6.5 | Tour-W 56.10/60.8 Project X 6.5 | Redwood Black Satin Anser | Titleist Black | Golf Pride Tour Velvet Round Grips With Logo...

I´d love to see the greenkeeper´s reaction when he finds you putting with a 5 iron...

I've never known that to be a problem unless one is chipping with an iron. Putting with an iron you usually try to belly the ball, meaning that the club is about 3/4" off the grass. It's actually less likely to stub that shot than it is if you are using a putter.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Personally I enjoy playing with odd numbered clubs one round, then even numbered the next. One day I used 4, 6, 8, pw and putter. The next time out I used 3, 5, 7, 9 and putter. No driver, no wedges. For the last 3 years I've done this a few times at the beginning of the season just to work on getting the cobwebs off. I started because I got tired of being 270 - 290 in the short stuff and not being able to hit a green. Now it's just for fun

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

I started because I got tired of being 270 - 290 in the short stuff

Try being 240yards an in the woods then

Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

I´d love to see the greenkeeper´s reaction when he finds you putting with a 5 iron...

I take no divots with a putting stroke, regardless of the club.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Playing a 9 holes course tomorrow with my 14 year old son, 8 year old daughter and her friend. I will play with at least 3 or 4 clubs, 5 iron, 9 iron, 56 wedge and putter.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

A company I worked for had a two club tourney every year. I used a 4 iron and (I think) a 9 iron when I came in second. I putted the ball playing lefty using the back side of the 4 iron. A guy I played with suggested that I should putt that way all the time.

Driver: G10 9.5*
Fairway Woods: 3 & 5
Hybrid: 21*
Irons: I10 4 - 9
Wedges: 48* + Spin-Milled 54 & 60*Putter: Rossa FontanaBall: B330-RX

My friend wanted to play a game where our tee shots are our shortest (lengthwise; besides putter) off the tee. 2nd shortest for our 2nd shot. And so on and so forth. I told him that was the stupidest thing he's ever said and continued to play regular.

Played 9 holes with my 14 year old son and 8 year old daughter. I played with 5 clubs, ( 15 degree fairway wood, 5 iron, 9 iron, PW and putter) and shot 3 over.

My son shot 10 over and my daughter shot 46 or 19 over par with 27 putts on shorten tee boxes playing 1,022 approximate yards.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

a guy at my home cource always uses one club. He's not suppose to but he goes ahead and does it anyway

there's rules against using fewer clubs??

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

Note: This thread is 5272 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!