IGNORED

Official Tiger Car Crash/Infidelity Thread

groovezilla79
Note: This thread is 5060 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The bottom line in all of this is Tiger has been unfaithful. The "I'm human" excuse is a cop out. No kidding, Sherlock. Did you figure that out on your own? He hurt his wife, his children, his entire family. He acted foolishly and needs to beg their forgiveness. This, by the way, is none of our business. He must live with himself and come to terms with his decisions. I enjoy watching him compete on the golf cousre. I think less of his character now.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ATHLETES ARE NOT ROLE MODELS

please, listen to Sir Charles

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

But I do know that I won't be cheating on my wife now or any time in the future. I can say that without any reservation.

Really? You have such far-seeing and reliable crystal balls that you can say that for fact?

No matter what? No matter being away from home for a few weeks, having a few beers and what happens, happens? You may be right - but you cannot see into the future. To be honest, I have seen so much sanctimonious, condemnatory bullshit on this site it turns my stomach. Stop being so self-righteous: I don't believe we have had a blameless saint (living in the World) since Francis of Assisi, which is many hundreds of years ago. To be human is to be fallible. If you don't fail, you ain't human. And there was no point in nailing the Son of God to the tree 2000 years ago. So all you sanctimonious posters, send this to Jesus: thanks, but it was all a waste of time - all that pain and torture. We know you meant well but we were perfect before you got here so, sorry dude, it was not necessary. I do not praise or excuse what TW may or may not have done - I merely say 'those without sin should cast the first stone'. That's those without any kind of sin, whatsoever. Not even a parking ticket - or failing to stop at a Stp sign. If that gets me neg-repped or banned, well, so be it. I'd sooner be with those who recognise they are sinners than with the self-righteous condemnatory group.

Really? No matter what?

It sounds like you've cheated at least once - or been cheated on - sorry to hear that.

You may be right - but you cannot see into the future.

As long as you're willing to concede that men who don't believe they will cheat on their spouse are potentially correct. What should their thoughts be? "I'll probably cheat on my spouse - unless she cheats first LOLZ - but I'll hold out as long as I can. . ."

. . . the Son of God to the tree 2000 years ago . . . send this to Jesus . . . all that pain and torture . . . 'those without sin should cast the first stone'. . . those who recognise they are sinners

Who's judging who now? What does Jesus dude have to say about that - or rather, what was attributed to him on the matter?

You may find it hard to believe, but a lot of "average" guys have been involved with women before they were married - even hot ones. Anyone who's played competitive team sports (e.g. hockey, football, basketball) has probably had more p**** thrown at them than you can imagine. Try moto cross or snowboarding - unless you look and smell like a shoe, it's a friggin' smorgasbord out there. Most guys have the ability to learn from experience. We learned how to conduct ourselves away from home, family, and with the strange and the beautiful creatures you know as "earth women". The smart guys (of which I'm one) got the "wild oats" thing out of the way before commiting to one awesome woman for eternity (or longer - eh Tiger!!?!?)

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

wow, 2 weeks ago i would've never thought Tiger was such a player. Now we find out he paid that Rachel to fly to Australia and used his buddy (President of Tiger Woods Designs) to buy her airfare to Australia and room at the same hotel Tiger was at. I think its funny how she was calling all the other women "hookers" (the ones who initially said Rachel was having an affair with Tiger, which she initially denied), and now she turns out to be exactly that herself.... Tigers paid companion... Man, I bet he is having a BAAAD week at home behind closed doors. Tiger, Tiger, Tiger, you've been a very naughty boy!

You are missing the point, Sean.

Whoever is without sin - of any kind - cast the first stone.

No need for background, qualifications or anything. If you are blameless in every way, go ahead and condemn - although the only truly blameless One did not condemn.

Tiger is good at golf - and nothing else.

Paul

Driver G5 10.5º
Woods 3, 5 X FAIRWAY WOODS
Hybrid Bobby Jones Golf H4 HYBRIDIrons X-18 4-PWWedges 54º X-Forged 60º 588 RS putter Anser

You are missing the point, Sean.

I'd ask what the @#$% you're talking about, but I'm afraid you might tell me. I've met a lot of loons in my life - when i was a kid, going to Catholic church, I took away one important message, "if you're not feeling bad about yourself, you're not trying hard enough!!" I sure don't miss those hypocrites!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Wtf? How does this apply to how well someone plays golf?

the media back then is nothing like it is nowadays.

Media or not, legend on the course or off. Doesn't matter. I don't have a lot of respect for him as a whole person anymore. It's kinda like Clinton. We all can have respect for a person's highlights, but that doesn't mean we have to maintain a respect for the person as a whole. That slight loss of respect no longer has me idolizing him as a golfer because of the stigma now attached to him.

My GF pointed out that she saw a Tag Heuer billboard with Tiger's face on it, and how people who see that billboard might now associate that brand with a bad influence. I don't know the severity of Tiger's actions in the eyes of his sponsors, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if that billboard came down in the near future or if his commercials don't get aired as much.

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

Media or not, legend on the course or off. Doesn't matter. I don't have a lot of respect for him as a whole person anymore. It's kinda like Clinton. We all can have respect for a person's highlights, but that doesn't mean we have to maintain a respect for the person as a whole. That slight loss of respect no longer has me idolizing him as a golfer because of the stigma now attached to him.

Nevertheless, I don't understand how someone's actions off the course can affect what they have already achieved on the course.

I still think Pete Rose is one of, if not the greatest hitter to ever play baseball. Just because of what he's done doesn't change that fact.

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
3-Wood: HiBore XLS 15º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
5-Wood: S2 Straightneck 19º (Fujikara Fit-On Max 65 FW Stiff)Irons: HiBore XLi 3-PW (Fujikara Fit-on M Red S Flex)Wedges: CG14 Chrome 56º SW/60º LWPutter: ...

+1. Rose should be in the HOF (in my opinion of course)

I'll bet you $10 he gets in after death.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Nevertheless, I don't understand how someone's actions off the course can affect what they have already achieved on the course.

I agree.

Of course cheating on your wife makes you a scumbag, but I really wasn't watching Tiger play in every tournament because I thought he was a really great guy. I watch him because he's the best golfer to ever walk the planet. I'll continue to watch (just like everyone else, whether they admit it or not) until he retires.

Everyone will still watch Tiger because hes Tiger. The greatest golfer to ever live. I do however feel people will pull possibly in the other direction now. I have always loved watching Tiger and rooting for him...I will still love to watch him but it might be just as fun to root against him.

Not sure though, he may get back on the course and I may be pulling for him just the same.

I agree with you, we all just love watching him as a golfer.

Apparently it explains quite a few of his troubles on the golf course this year. I think he probably had a wild Friday night with Rachel and was hung over during the third round. I also think he got too cocky at the PGA Championship after the second round. He had a big lead and looked invincible, then suddenly played like garbage on the weekend. Perhaps another wild Friday night with a mistress ruined that one as well. Apparently Elin showed up at the British Open and confronted him about his affairs. We all know how poorly he played (and acted on the course) that week. Perhaps his on the course display was a direct reflection of the fighting that was going on between he and Elin that week.

Speculation?

I still think Pete Rose is one of, if not the greatest hitter to ever play baseball. Just because of what he's done doesn't change that fact.

It doesn't matter though. He clearly broke the rules of baseball (by gambling), and the ramifications make it so that he doesn't get into the HOF. That's why he's not in.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

My GF pointed out that she saw a Tag Heuer billboard with Tiger's face on it, and how people who see that billboard might now associate that brand with a bad influence. I don't know the severity of Tiger's actions in the eyes of his sponsors, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if that billboard came down in the near future

That is a good point. Even though his sponsors are staying with him at the moment, I bet most will pull the ads for awhile.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

It doesn't matter though. He clearly broke the rules of baseball (by gambling), and the ramifications make it so that he doesn't get into the HOF. That's why he's not in.

Until Tiger bets against himself in a tournament, my opinion still stands...

Last time I checked, cheating on your wife doesn't affect world golf rankings.

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
3-Wood: HiBore XLS 15º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
5-Wood: S2 Straightneck 19º (Fujikara Fit-On Max 65 FW Stiff)Irons: HiBore XLi 3-PW (Fujikara Fit-on M Red S Flex)Wedges: CG14 Chrome 56º SW/60º LWPutter: ...

Note: This thread is 5060 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!