IGNORED

Official Tiger Car Crash/Infidelity Thread

groovezilla79
Note: This thread is 5043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

He misses one major due to the severity of his actions. Missing the Masters is a big deal but what he did to his family is bigger. He will be back for the U.S. Open in June.

Totally agree.There is no way tiger will miss a US open at PEEBLE BEACH

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And that's your choice, but it does raise the question - just what is it about Tiger vs. all the other players out there that makes him the one and only player worth watching? Sure I enjoy watching Tiger at Torrey every year (for a few holes) and it's a shame he won't be there in 2010 but the idea that I wouldn't show up because he isn't there ....... absurd. One of the things I like about golf as a spectator is the great variety of playing styles that you witness out there, any one of which is capable of winning a particular tournament. You must expect Tiger to win every tournament he participates in. How disappointed you must be most of the time.

Disappointed? No. I do not live my life through other people so whatever happens, happens. I enjoy the high intensity he plays at. He just seems to bring energy to the game. Looking back at the last majors, the only one that seemed to hold much interest was the Open Champ. in which Watson almost won. Golf is very boring to watch IMO. I love playing the game, but watching it is not something I prefer to do except when Tiger is playing. He is the only player that consistently makes shot after shot.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

but it does raise the question - just what is it about Tiger vs. all the other players out there that makes him the

I think it is the Media hype, people who don't know how to use a putter think he is the ONE. The Media creates images individuals can't possibly live up to, just like our current President. People without the knowledge or intellectual capacity to asses the information presented take it as established fact and it becomes their reality. Global Warming is another example. Remember Tiger has been a celebrity since he appeared on tv at age 2. As I remember the clip he was a flop that first time out. History, in contrast to the Media, teaches us to wait a number years until the person's actions can be evaluated in retrospect. Then we'll know if Mr Woods is the ONE or merely the first super golfer.

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

I think it is the Media hype, people who don't know how to use a putter think he is the ONE. The Media creates images individuals can't possibly live up to, just like our current President. People without the knowledge or intellectual capacity to asses the information presented take it as established fact and it becomes their reality. Global Warming is another example. Remember Tiger has been a celebrity since he appeared on tv at age 2. As I remember the clip he was a flop that first time out. History, in contrast to the Media, teaches us to wait a number years until the person's actions can be evaluated in retrospect. Then we'll know if Mr Woods is the ONE or merely the first super golfer.

I tend to think it's because he has 70 tour wins including 14 majors and the US and Junior Amateurs, not to mention he's won all over the world, all since he was a teenager. But that may just be my lack of intellectual capacity, you never know.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

But that may just be my lack of intellectual capacity, you never know.

LOL, I love your honesty....

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

I like how you are one to judge. Are you perfect? Ever make any mistakes in life? Do you condemn a person for life because of a mistake, which is not a crime? It's sad that people feel better about themselves because a person made a mistake and acted like an ass. I agree that what he did was wrong and is not repairable, but I believe in second chances and lets see what he does to try and right this ship.

Absolutely Lemay! I've made many mistakes in my life. However, I have never sacrificed the vows I made the day I was married. Nor wil I ever. What you call second chances, I call forgiveness. In this case, I dont have to forgive Tiger Woods. Forgiveness is up to his family and someone much more powerful than me.

G10 Driver Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 65 Stiff
G5 3-Wood Aldila NV65-Stiff
G15 20 Hybrid TFC stiff
I15 Irons 4-P
S/M Black Nickel 52 56 60 Marxman Mini 33" Tour B330 RXCarroll Valley Resort, Fairfield PA Rating: 72.3 Slope: 128www.carrollvalley.com

Absolutely Lemay! I've made many mistakes in my life. However, I have never sacrificed the vows I made the day I was married. Nor wil I ever.

So you lost all respect for a man you once had? What if Elin is a psycho money hungry bitch and suckered Tiger for his money? She was a nanny! Minimum wage job at best. I just can't see how people can sit on the sidelines and condemn somebody on issues that they never knew the background in the first place.

Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons

She was a nanny! Minimum wage job at best.

Just a bit of info here - it's quite common for children of middle-class families to take time out travelling the world and doing jobs like nannies and au pairs (well, the daughters, at least!). The daughter of a friend has been working in Spain as an au pair since she graduated in Physics from University College, London (one of the leading universities in England and ranked in the world's top 10). She's intending to do a PhD next year.

It's often the case that the better the background, the more the kids are inclined to do some stuff for experience - less well-off people can't afford the minimum wage trail! Elin isn't from a poor background. Her mother is a notable politician in Sweden - a former government minister and now a district governor; her father is a journalist and now has a radio show. She was working towards being a child psychiatrist when she was introduced to TW.

No one in baseball is bigger than Arod and no one is bigger than Kobe in the NBA. All three are Nike guys and yes, Tiger should have learned something...

I think one crucial difference is that those guys are playing team games and others from the same team may be in the spotlight for a while - maybe even most of the time. They can be substituted; brought on as a sub during the game, etc.

That isn't the same with golf.

So you lost all respect for a man you once had? What if Elin is a psycho money hungry bitch and suckered Tiger for his money? She was a nanny! Minimum wage job at best. I just can't see how people can sit on the sidelines and condemn somebody on issues that they never knew the background in the first place.

So, now its Elin's fault. Unbelievable.

Why do I need to know their background? The fact remains that Tiger made it with a bunch of women other than his wife. He's no different than any other dirtbag Husband and Father that does that to his wife and his children. Once the man put his penis in another woman's body, does the background matter? You must be a kid. Stop drinking the Tiger-Aid.

G10 Driver Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 65 Stiff
G5 3-Wood Aldila NV65-Stiff
G15 20 Hybrid TFC stiff
I15 Irons 4-P
S/M Black Nickel 52 56 60 Marxman Mini 33" Tour B330 RXCarroll Valley Resort, Fairfield PA Rating: 72.3 Slope: 128www.carrollvalley.com

Disappointed? No. I do not live my life through other people so whatever happens, happens. I enjoy the high intensity he plays at. He just seems to bring energy to the game. Looking back at the last majors, the only one that seemed to hold much interest was the Open Champ. in which Watson almost won. Golf is very boring to watch IMO. I love playing the game, but watching it is not something I prefer to do except when Tiger is playing. He is the only player that consistently makes shot after shot.

that video was incredible. mercy sakes he has pulled off some amazing shots over the years.

That was a good a Tiger highlight reel as you'll see.Hopefully those moments will be what he's remembered for when his career is over.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

He made a mistake, we all make mistakes, it makes us human... the fact that he's trying to straighten everything out with his family first... shows the man has his priorities straight... it's immeasurable how long "indefinite" means. its not something you fix overnight either... It's really none of our business what he does in his personal life... but the fact that he's giving his fans the courtesy of letting us all know he has his priorities straight... we'll miss Tiger sure, but he'll be back when the time is right and you can bet your last dollar he'll be a better man, too.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

that video was incredible. mercy sakes he has pulled off some amazing shots over the years.

Thank you so much for posting that! That was so inspirational. Hopefully we don't judge the man, as we all fall. It's how we pick ourselves back up that matters. He needs to forgive himself first and then ask forgiveness from those he's seeking it from. His legacy is far from over and I can't wait to see him back on the course doing what he loves.

2004 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion
2005 Northern Iowa Player Of The Year
2006 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion
2007 Iowa Co-Ed Golf State Champion
2007 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion2008 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion2009 College Division Iowa Junior Tour...

So, now its Elin's fault. Unbelievable.

A kid? 26 and married.

To make an intelligent opinion you have to know the background of everything. Example: Women murders husband because he beats her everyday..Is she still a piece of shit murderer that deserves to sit in jail the rest of her life? The background matters... If Tiger cheated on his wife and she was a perfect wife, then yes, I would agree with you. BUT, since we do not know EXACTLY what happened or who Elin was, how can you judge a person?

Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons

A kid? 26 and married.

I personally don't need to know everthing about Elin Nordegren as a wife to believe that she doesn't deserve to be treated like garbage. If Tiger had enough of her, he should have filed for divorce first. When you love your wife, you respect her as a person too.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I personally don't need to know everthing about Elin Nordegren as a wife to believe that she doesn't deserve to be treated like garbage. If Tiger had enough of her, he should have filed for divorce first. When you love your wife, you respect her as a person too.

Exactly. If she did something objectional, you get a divorce. You don't run around with floozies every chance you get. Nothing she could have done warrants his behavior. Two wrongs just don't make a right.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Note: This thread is 5043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!