IGNORED

Tiger is going to win at least two majors in 2010.

cougar978
Note: This thread is 5252 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hear me now!!! el tigre wins not one, not two, but three majors this year. i think phil will finally win a u.s. open, and the rest belong to tiger.

I think Phil has a better chance of another Masters than the U.S. open to be honest.He's been the best player in the Masters over the last 5 years (2 wins, 2 third place finishes and averaged 70.40 per round).

That said he's also the best player in the U.S. open over the last 5 years (2 seconds and a third place finish, with an average of 71.25 per round). I just think the Masters will come too soon for Tiger if indeed he plays at all next year.He'll still have too much baggage by then to fully focus on winning.And Phil is the perfect man to take advantage of a mediocre Tiger. For the U.S. Open.. As other have said, Tiger dominates Pebble Beach, every time.By the time that rolls around he might be in a better place to challenge. But.. I'm personally hoping (unrealistically) Tiger doesn't play at all next year and Phil does the Lefty-Slam
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

crazy as it may sound, it is tough to win majors if tiger does not show up...

on one hand, i understand the well wishers of the best case scenario for tiger golf wise...keep winning on the golf course and other things will take care of themselves. ala if we win lotto, we just play golf and things will take care of themselves. fine.

on the other, life has a funny way of getting complicated. to play or not to play, that is the question.

if playing golf is a simple solution to all the issues at hand, i would think playing with a busted face a week ago is much easier than playing with a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

But.. I'm personally hoping (unrealistically) Tiger doesn't play at all next year and Phil does the

Then everyone and their mom will be putting an asterisk next to Phil's accomplishments. Unfair but very likely if your desired scenario plays out.

Everyone is jumping way ahead of things....i bet he doesnt start at the start of the season. I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt win any majors again next year just due to the distractions.....

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

• Administrator
Everyone is jumping way ahead of things....i bet he doesnt start at the start of the season. I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt win any majors again next year just due to the distractions.....

The flip side of that is that you could also say all the distractions have been removed - Tiger no longer has to worry about keeping his secrets secret. He can focus on two things - golf and family. Plus his knee is bound to be far healthier this year.

Plus, the "intimidation" thing could go the other way too. Those who say Tiger lost some intimidation factor last year might now be thinking "oh, crap, it's no wonder he wasn't as intimidating - he had all that stuff going on." Kind of like how he's given a (completely justified) pass on the 2006 U.S. Open MC - his dad had died. Let's not forget that with all the distractions and whatnot he was still the Player of the Year and won a boat load of times. Additionally, Tiger probably knows as much as anyone else that winning fixes a lot of things.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was thinking more about a bet on whether he would play or not.

Some rumors out there about Elin telling him to quit golfing if he wants to keep her. Not that I take the tabloids too serious, but this situation could have a major (not a golf-major major) impact on his future on the course.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Ill bet you a sleeve of Pro V1x balls (seeing as we are on a GOLF forum) that tiger doesnt win more than 2 majors. if you or anyone else would like to extend the terms by predicting who will Then keep replying to this post and we will see where this leads

You're on.

You do realize that you lose the bet unless he wins THREE (or more) major tournaments...

not anymore

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

• Administrator
not anymore

You don't know how long "indefinite" is. He probably doesn't either.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

haha i was just making a quip Erik. I agreed with you in the other thread ;)

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

I guess he will not be winning quite so much this year if he isn't going to be playing. Actually, my guess is that this layoff will not last, and neither will his marriage. I've known a couple of guys like Tiger. They love the chase. They love the conquest. They just can't leave the ladies alone. However, Tiger might prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

PrairieParson
From Lubbock, Texas: the Heart of Flyover Country.
Ping G-15 Driver 12 deg.
Mizuno MP-33 Irons
Ball: White, mostly round and lots of dimplesScores this year: 78

But.. I'm personally hoping (unrealistically) Tiger doesn't play at all next year and Phil does the

Errrrmmmmm...Are there no other golfers likely to be playing, with the intention of getting their names on a Major?

Westwood? Harrington? McIlroy? K J Choi? Stricker? even Ernie Els (showing return to form in S Africa at the moment) and Retief Goosen? Adam Scott is playing better than for a long time, too. What about next year's 'Y E Yang' - the one overlooked who rises to the occasion? Phil may face some competition...

Errrrmmmmm...Are there no other golfers likely to be playing, with the intention of getting their names on a Major?

It was in fact a light-hearted comment, not to be taken seriously

although.. If Phil keeps up his recent level of performance at the Masters he has a great chance of winning it.He seems to know Augusta like few others do.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Tiger playing doesn't mean he'll take all the majors. He didn't win a single one in 2009, despite being one of his best years ever.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Tiger playing doesn't mean he'll take all the majors. He didn't win a single one in 2009, despite being one of his best years ever.

Great point.

G10 Driver Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 65 Stiff
G5 3-Wood Aldila NV65-Stiff
G15 20 Hybrid TFC stiff
I15 Irons 4-P
S/M Black Nickel 52 56 60 Marxman Mini 33" Tour B330 RXCarroll Valley Resort, Fairfield PA Rating: 72.3 Slope: 128www.carrollvalley.com

Note: This thread is 5252 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!