IGNORED

From Indiana

HoosierGolfer
Note: This thread is 5257 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm not sure I ever took the time before so if not here it is; I'm 47 and I work as a civil engineer for the Department of Transportation. My main area's of oversight are the construction of earthwork/soils and concrete (road pavement & bridges). I have been working since 1999 in Indiana on two projects (Hoosier Hearland Corridor & Fort to Port) which is the upgrading of US 24 from Lafayette Indiana to Toledo Ohio from two to four lanes. The work is a labor of love which means very long hours in the summer, often from daylight to dark with over two hours a day spent just commuting to and from home so golf gets shoved to the back burner most of the time although I do make it a priority to play in a league on Thursday's.
I have been playing most of my life with some off and on periods mixed in but I've played none stop since 2002. I have been as low as a 5 HC over the years but I'm sort of stuck around 13 the past couple of years as I just don't have the time to pratice much anymore.
I have played basicly nothing but Callaway equipment since about 1993/94 and I have grown to love their equipment. I have owned and used putters over the years from just about every maker you can think of but I have settled on playing nothing but Scotty Camerons the past couple of years. I currently own ten or so Scotty's along with a bunch of covers etc. so I have become a Cameron collector as well I guess.
I found this site awhile back and although I don't post a bunch, I normally stop by every day or two to see what everyone is talking about.

Welcome, I have lived in Indiana since 1990 (what was I drinkin?) but any way I noticed your home course Etna Acres, and I wondered how is that course. I have threatened to put the golf bag in the truck on weekends to Salamonie camping and getting in 18 before noon then hitting the lake for boating or fishing. I live about 45 mins south in Alexandria and play Yule G/C regularly. Tried to get a few other hoosiers in Indy to get together and play one weekend but couldn't generate any interest.

Thomas " Hitman" Heitman

Welcome, I have lived in Indiana since 1990 (what was I drinkin?) but any way I noticed your home course Etna Acres, and I wondered how is that course. I have threatened to put the golf bag in the truck on weekends to Salamonie camping and getting in 18 before noon then hitting the lake for boating or fishing. I live about 45 mins south in Alexandria and play Yule G/C regularly. Tried to get a few other hoosiers in Indy to get together and play one weekend but couldn't generate any interest.

I have played EA for years. Very nice course, family owned by a PGA Teaching Professional that has 45 years giving lessons. Many of us took our first lessons there when we were kids and it was only nine holes.

The front nine has very small firm greens and is more traditional in style with trees and narrow fairways. The back nine, built in the mid eighties is links style with wide open fairways, lots of tall grass off on the sides if you miss and fairly large greens. Water is in play on several holes and there are NO sand bunkers anywhere on the course. Price is fair and the course is busiest on weekends but even then getting on is only a short wait. If you want to hook up sometime, give me a PM and we can exchange numbers and maybe get together. I'm normally there every weekend for the better part of the day unless I'm working or up north at the lake. Mark

Cool to see some other Indiana folk on here. Im in and from Lafayette. Your one project is going right beside the house I grew up in in lafayette near Delphi.

In my bag
Burner 10.5* reg
3h & 4-P S57
Wedges: 56* CCI and 60* SV Tour
DF 960

Cool to see some other Indiana folk on here. Im in and from Lafayette. Your one project is going right beside the house I grew up in in lafayette near Delphi.

Those projects were long overdue for sure. I worked in the Peru and Wabash area's in 1999/2000 on those sections of US24. Nice to see it all coming together now to make it so much safer.

Good to meet another Indiana member as well!

Note: This thread is 5257 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!