IGNORED

Happy Holidays!

iacas
Note: This thread is 5237 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have friends who are Jewish and I'm not particularly religious (different than spiritual) myself. Plus the holidays include New Year.

I'm not religious at all. I'll never go to church, ever. And as long as I decide for my children, they won't either.

However, I was raised going to church, at least until my parents divorced, and in my house, CHRISTMAS was what we celebrated. And I respect what Christmas is about, even if it is founded on religion. I have Jewish friends, too. I still say Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone. And guess what - even my Jewish friends say Merry Christmas to me. Weird, huh? But if their (or anyone else's who does not celebrate Christmas) panties get in a knot over it, so be it. They can return with a Happy Hanukkah (or Happy Kawanza, or whatever) if they please. And I would return with the same. Certainly. And I won't be offended in the least or feel awkward returning the same. I want them to enjoy their holiday just as much as I will enjoy mine. I won't ever give in to politically correctness, ever. Giving in to that nonsense is what really accelerated the destruction of this country. My personal opinion is that if you get upset that someone doesn't observe your sensitivities by being politically correct, get out. France and Canada need more people, and we need less. Sorry for the rant. This is America. Or at least it still is to me. And I won't change and dumb down my traditions for anyone. Again, Merry Christmas all. Be safe and enjoy your families.

- DN
Sun Mountain C-130 Bag - Titanium
Ping G10 Irons PW-5
Ping G10 Driver
Ping G10 21 and 24 HybridsPing G15 17 HybridScotty Newport 2 Button BackTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 52 (8), 56 (14), and 60 (4)Titleist ProV1Backspin Buddy Groove Sharpener (yes, it works great)Adidas 360 Ltd.

• Administrator
I won't ever give in to politically correctness, ever. Giving in to that nonsense is what really accelerated the destruction of this country.

You seem to have made the mistake of assuming I prefer to say "happy holidays" because it's politically correct? Pffffffft.

Cripes, people. During a time of year when we're supposed to be getting along and being cheerful and all that, you write about the destruction of the country because I say (and have always said) "happy holidays"? Would it freak you out to know that I consider the "holiday season" to begin on Thanksgiving? Lighten up. Light a tree, a menorah, or your bong or crack pipe - I don't care! Just be merry, happy, sing a song... do something positive. Be positive.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You seem to have made the mistake of assuming I prefer to say "happy holidays" because it's politically correct? Pffffffft.

Haha thanks for the good laugh.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Iacas, I apologize. I didn't intend that to be totally about you - but I realize that it appeared that way. Your comments just prompted the thoughts I had because MOST people saying "Happy Holidays" are told to by their bosses or are giving in to pc voluntarily. Anyway, sorry my man.

I'll pass on the crack pipe, but I will partake in a nice, neat glass of scotch just as soon as the kids go to bed. :P

- DN
Ping G10 Irons PW-5
Ping G10 Driver
Ping G10 21 and 24 HybridsPing G15 17 HybridScotty Newport 2 Button BackTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 52 (8), 56 (14), and 60 (4)Titleist ProV1Backspin Buddy Groove Sharpener (yes, it works great)Adidas 360 Ltd.

And where is the bong? That's all I wanna know. Crack is whack, but if Wesley Pipes is here to visit, I feel like I should be responsible for properly greeting him.

BTW, I'm a firm believer that in the game of golf, weed is much more of a PED than steroids or HGH could ever be.

And I'm of the opinion that happy holidays covers it rather well, especially since there are two successive holidays, a mere seven days apart. Nothing overly PC or not PC about it. Trust me, come to work with me, and you'll go into politically correctness overload. It's really quite amazing, actually...

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

• Administrator
Iacas, I apologize.

Ditto.

And fwiw, it's not political correctness on my end. I think that crap goes overboard too. But I also think - and this isn't about you here - that sometimes the _anti-PC_ crowd goes too far, too. It's just freakin' Christmas. Or Hanukah. Or Festivus. Or whatever atheists celebrate this time of year?
I'll pass on the crack pipe, but I will partake in a nice, neat glass of scotch just as soon as the kids go to bed. :P

On the few occasions I partake of alcohol (nothing against - just don't care for the taste of most) I prefer an amaretto of some sort. During the winter it's usually with chocolate milk.

Or a Wallaby Darned at Outback. But shhh, don't tell anyone. It's pretty girly. But mmmmmm.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
BTW, I'm a firm believer that in the game of golf, weed is much more of a PED than steroids or HGH could ever be.

Get some sour cream and onion chips with some dip, man, some beef jerky, some peanut butter. Get some Häagen-Dazs ice cream bars, a whole lot, make sure chocolate, gotta have chocolate, man. Some popcorn, red popcorn, graham crackers, graham crackers with marshmallows, the little marshmallows and little chocolate bars and we can make s'mores, man. Also, celery, grape jelly, Cap'n Crunch with the little Crunch berries, pizzas. We need two big pizzas, man, everything on 'em, with water, whole lotta water, and Funyons.

I repeat, do not forget the Funyons. Edit: I just realized we've cracked the case. Tiger was on a munchie run at 2:30am stoned out of his mind. Yes, that must be it. And now Elin's ticked because as rich as T Dubs is he still gets weed with sticks and stems. That's IT! By jove... Of course, I'm completely talking out of my rear, having partaken exactly one time many, many moons ago... but I had friends who got high all the time.

Merry Christmas everyone... There is nothing like playing golf in the sunshine with 75* weather... Nice to live on a south pacific island....

On another note, this year when you are celebrating Christmas give thanks to those who are currently fighting for our great country... Even if you do not agree with why we are there, we Marines, soldiers, sailors and airmen are just doing what our nation has called us to do... Semper Fi Marines, I hop your rifles stay cold today.......

And a Merry Christmas to you.
You have our support........thank you

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

Merry Christmas, Happy Chaunaka (sp), Happy Kwanza, or Winter Solstice or whatever you thing is. Here is hoping that 2010 can be a better golf year for all of us!

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

that sometimes the _anti-PC_ crowd goes too far, too.

Kind of like here:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,581092,00.html "Community Trees". Heh. And this is in the south. I would expect that sort of nonsense out here in Southern California with all the silly libs we have out here, but not in the south. Although, I hear Cary is a mecca for New England libs, so perhaps it is to be expected. Amazing. One other thought...do these other religions that don't celebrate Christmas even use trees to celebrate their holiday? If not, why would we incorporate their symbols into ours? I wouldn't ever dream that they should have to incorporate Christmas symbols into their holiday symbols. Edit to add: before I get nailed for using Fox as a news source, try these... http://www.carynews.com/front/story/15168.html Some interesting comments can be found here: http://www.newsobserver.com/opinion/...ry/253172.html http://www.newsobserver.com/news/col...ry/250260.html http://www.newsobserver.com/news/loc...ry/248167.html

- DN
Ping G10 Irons PW-5
Ping G10 Driver

Full support, appreciation and respect!!!!!

Merry Christmas.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Thanks guys... I play with a group of guys that cover all the branches of the services and let me tell you, they have given so much for this nation it is crazy... It is also nuts to me to see the players that I play with, it is nuts...

Note: This thread is 5237 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!