IGNORED

vBulletin 4.0 Installed

iacas
Note: This thread is 5173 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Yes, things look different. I've installed vBulletin 4.0 and the old skins are not compatible, so they're disabled.

Over the next several hours I'm going to update any preferences and settings to make sense. Then perhaps I'll tweak the style a little bit (though I kind of like this style for now).

Post any questions here, and I'll post any changes I make to the settings (etc.) here as well.

P.S. Two plugins are also disabled: the "ignore threads" and the "reputation checks" plugins. Reputation comments are currently disabled so that people can't give others reputation of -38 or +31 or anything silly like that.

P.P.S. For now, everyone should go to http://thesandtrap.com/forum/profile.php and make sure they like their settings.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the layout...

Not a big fan of the skin...

Any way the banner and icons of the old skin can be transferred?

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

• Administrator

First thing I don't like is the on-top postbit (the username, avatar, etc.). There, fixed that.

Any way the banner and icons of the old skin can be transferred?

In time, and perhaps.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
Still tweaking the options. Nothing anyone should notice thus far... some minor tweaks here and there.

• Administrator

There seems to be a new "video" tag:

It supports video from Hulu, YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Metacafe, Google, and facebook. Cool.

Please discontinue using the old "youtube" codes. They'll still remain active so that old images work.

• Administrator
I believe I've set up blog permissions now. If you're an Established Member, you have your own blog.

What do you have to do to be established?

New board looks good, slightly Halo-ish but good nonetheless.

Driver: R11s 9 with a Fubuki Tour 63 X-Stiff
Fairway Wood: R11s 15.5 with Miyazaki Kusala Black 83 X-Stiff

Hybrid: taylormade.gif 4 with Fubuki 515 X-Stiff
Irons: titleist.gif Forged 660 3-PW with Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: callaway.gif CC Jaws 52 and 58 Degree
Putter: ping.gif In Anser 2

I preferred the old skin.

Don't like this one at all

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

• Administrator
I preferred the old skin. Don't like this one at all

Sorry. Until vBulletin 4 skins become more widely available, this is what we have. I may change some of the colors out later.

There was 100% no way to keep the old skin unless we also kept vBulletin 3. vBulletin 4 is a compelling upgrade and it's well worth having a slightly less cool skin for awhile.

• Administrator
Also, reputation is re-enabled as the plugin seems to work just fine with vBulletin 4.0.

Cool, I like like forum upgrades.

I really hope the old skin can return, or at least one similar. The new one give far less overview and ease of reading. Especially in the thread view, but also in the threads themselves. I like forums where each part of the site is divided so the eyes easily can focus on the posts, without the entire content being mixed together.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
I really hope the old skin can return, or at least one similar. The new one give far less overview and ease of reading. Especially in the thread view, but also in the threads themselves. I like forums where each part of the site is divided so the eyes easily can focus on the posts, without the entire content being mixed together.

I liked the old style too. But this also gives us a chance to find a new style.

The old style was a fairly heavily modified version of Aria, and the folks who developed that style seem to have disappeared months ago, so... we may not be able to do that same style, though obviously that'd be the first choice. (Aria is from http://vbstyles.com/ .)

Oh yeah the userCP thingy isn't here anymore either

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

• Administrator
Yes it is. Same URL, in fact: http://thesandtrap.com/forum/usercp.php .

If you mean the link called "User CP" in the toolbar, it's called "Settings" and it's in the top right now.

yeah that's what I meant.
thanks.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

Really enjoy the update, I have seen this used on a few other forums and it is nice.

Are Online Scorecards going to make a re-appearance?

Thanks for everything,

Josh

WITB
Driver: Ping G425 - Aldila Rogue White
3 Wood: Nike SQ Dymo 
Hybrid: TaylorMade SLDR
Irons: Ping i525 Retro Spec
Wedges: Cleveland 588 (52,56,60)
Putter: Never Compromise Gamble Limited Custom

Balls: Titleist ProV1

there are plenty of computer ppl in here... maybe one of the design guys can come up with a skin for free?

this new deal will take some getting used to but newer is better most of the time
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Note: This thread is 5173 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!