IGNORED

Hello from Northern Virginia

jubess
Note: This thread is 5232 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I work and live during the week in Northern Virginia. Some weekends I commute back to Virginia Beach. I can't wait until Spring to start playing golf again. I'm new to the area, so looking for playing partners in Northern Virginia area.

thank you for friendly welcome. I was trying to find a set of left handed Ben Hogan tour blades and Sand Trap came up it a name I use quite often. Then I was going thru this blog had to join. I don"t belong to any other ones. I play Callaway Hyper x tour Driver, A Callaway 3 and 5 wood a Callaway 21 hybrid and Hogan apex pro 4-9 and 4 hogan forged wedges and an odyssey#1 putter. What I am looking for is a reason to own a new set of Irons perhaps another set of hogan blades or Callaway tour forged or for a real curve ball re grove my irons. Please help Thanks Doubled

I work and live during the week in Northern Virginia. Some weekends I commute back to Virginia Beach. I can't wait until Spring to start playing golf again. I'm new to the area, so looking for playing partners in Northern Virginia area.

I just moved to the Woodbridge area in Aug 09. Like you I can't wait until Spring. I told myself I would just practice on my game & not play a round until mid-March at the earliest. I went to the driving range on Quantico Sat & today. I work a AWS schedule so I am off every other Friday too. Where are you looking to play at?

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

I just moved to the Woodbridge area in Aug 09. Like you I can't wait until Spring. I told myself I would just practice on my game & not play a round until mid-March at the earliest. I went to the driving range on Quantico Sat & today. I work a AWS schedule so I am off every other Friday too. Where are you looking to play at?

I too work an AWS schedule and I am off every other Friday. I work at Quantico. Since I plan on playing a lot after work and on my Friday's off, I am leaning towards joing Old Hickory Golf course. They offered me a huge military discount (I am retired Navy) on their membership which includes a full membership at Raspberry falls and privelages at Cannon Ridge. You get to play three of the best courses in the area on one membership.

I have played the Quantico course and I don't care for it at all. They don't keep it in good shape and the layout is not that good in my opinion. You know I also told myself I wouldn't play until mid March, but I went down to Virginia Beach this pas weekend and couldn't resist getting out and playing in 60 degree weather. Keep in touch and we'll hook up and play once March rolls around

I too work an AWS schedule and I am off every other Friday. I work at Quantico. Since I plan on playing a lot after work and on my Friday's off, I am leaning towards joing Old Hickory Golf course. They offered me a huge military discount (I am retired Navy) on their membership which includes a full membership at Raspberry falls and privelages at Cannon Ridge. You get to play three of the best courses in the area on one membership.

Which Friday are you off? I'm off this Friday (Jan 22). I work in Rosslyn so I won't be playing any after work.

I have never played at Quantico but it is the closest driving range to where I live so that is why I go there. Have you ever played at Ft. Belvoir. I have played there a lot. We will have to stay in touch. I play a lot on the Fridays I am off.

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

Which Friday are you off? I'm off this Friday (Jan 22). I work in Rosslyn so I won't be playing any after work.

I am off on the opposite Friday from you. I have played Ft. Belvoir a couple of times. Not too crazy about it. It's ok Send me a PM and we'll exchange numbers.

Note: This thread is 5232 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!