IGNORED

Way to step up Massachusetts

iammpspeer
Note: This thread is 5186 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I will give you credit for that...granted it is naive but at least it has passion…someday you will grow to be fiscal conservative and see the error of your ways!! Notice I didn’t say Republican…fiscal conservative!!!

Lol, such arrogance never ceases to amuse me.

Argue the issue and leave the ad hominem arguments and judgement at the door
Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. ~John Updike

In my stand bag:
Driver: 983k 10.5*3 Wood: Sumo2 15*Irons: 690cb 2-PWWedges 54* and 58* oil can finishPutter: White hot mallet

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argue the issue and leave the ad hominem arguments and judgement at the door

Damn a "ad hominem" reference...ya don't see that every day.

Is that like calling lefty golfer a dickweed in smart talk?

Lol, such arrogance never ceases to amuse me.

Arrogance? I guess I have to appologize, that was not my intent.

I said he has pasion, was sincere and naive...i believe that. I also believe that most people get more conservative as they get older...he is obviously young....I appoligize for not being clearer.
Damn a "ad hominem" reference...ya don't see that every day.

Yea this is going to upset me...good luck with that.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Yea this is going to upset me...good luck with that.

ha ha sorry to be the trouble maker...had to google ad hominem to see wtf it means...LOL

Lefty brought up a good point on taxes vs employment yesterday...however, to be a it more clear it's FICA that's the gorilla in the china shop...Fed taxes are actually fairly logical..the FICA at 15.3% is what pays Medicare and SS. What obamacare needs to clarify is the relationship between FICA and the public option. Since the employer pays 1/2 the nut... if an increase in FICA along with a reduction in insurance premiums makes sense that will encourage employment...however as Lefty says if the two combined are higher and taxes increase it will have the oposite effect... I don't think 95% of the american public understands this fairly simple math problem as politicians game it all the time talking about lower taxes while conveniently ignoring payroll tax.

I said he has pasion, was sincere and naive...i believe that. I also believe that most people get more conservative as they get older...he is obviously young....I appoligize for not being clearer.

I'm sorry, I guess my college education in political science makes me naive. That and my former job, writing literature for DNC campaign fundraisers...

Is that like calling lefty golfer a dickweed in smart talk?

LOL, nice

I'm not necessarily disagreeing that there is a trend towards fiscal conservatism correlated with increasing age. However, that does not imply that knowledge or wisdom gained through experience is responsible for that correlation, as you seem to imply based on your use of the term naive. There are potentially many confounding factors responsible for the correlation...as the old saying goes, correlation does not imply causation.

Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. ~John Updike

In my stand bag:
Driver: 983k 10.5*3 Wood: Sumo2 15*Irons: 690cb 2-PWWedges 54* and 58* oil can finishPutter: White hot mallet

I also believe that most people get more conservative as they get older.

Belief != Truth

http://www.livescience.com/health/08...l-seniors.html

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

While it may be true that in general, the younger generation is more liberal than the older, what the study shows is that it is not true that people tend to get more conservative as they age. It's the other way around.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

While it may be true that in general, the younger generation is more liberal than the older, what the study shows is that it is not true that people tend to get more conservative as they age. It's the other way around.

Yes, I read it. What I meant was, that there's a negative correlation, because if you get more liberal, you still appear more conservative. For example, an ebbinghaus effect, like the moon illusion. In all cases, you can take objects the same size, and by some trick of the eye, make them appear to be different sizes, or vice versa.

So, let's say you start out 10% to the left. When you are young, the world is 30% to the right. As you age, you end up 20% left, but now the world is 10% to the right. So, you used to be 40% left of average, but now you're 30% left of average. It appears you've moved right, but thanks to the power of perception, you're now left. This is the same reason the Democratic party is seen as a left wing party in the U.S.

Thought this was an interesting read about a local care system here in the Twin Cities whose problems are reflective of the national health care crisis. Touches on how rising costs are tied directly to the increasing ranks of the uninsured and underinsured.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/09/he...spital.html?hp

In my stand bag:

Thought this was an interesting read about a local care system here in the Twin Cities whose problems are reflective of the national health care crisis. Touches on how rising costs are tied directly to the increasing ranks of the uninsured and underinsured.

My mother has talked about this for many years. She works at a hospital in Palm Beach county, surrounded by slums. They have people in the E.R. every day who cannot afford to go see a doctor, and cannot afford to buy their supplies, so they come to the E.R. to get medicine, and leave the state with a massive bill. My mother tells me one day in the ICU costs tens of thousands of dollars, and the uninsured are given the bill. When they can't pay it, they go bankrupt, and the state absorbs the cost.

We think we have a good system, but we pay more in taxes for healthcare than anyone except Germany and Iceland. We have an almost asinine system in which the old, poor, illegal, and condemned get free care, and the rest of us have to foot the bill. As Bill Nelson, our senator has said, the way insurance works is, the larger the group covered, the less it costs per capita.

My mother has talked about this for many years. She works at a hospital in Palm Beach county, surrounded by slums. They have people in the E.R. every day who cannot afford to go see a doctor, and cannot afford to buy their supplies, so they come to the E.R. to get medicine, and leave the state with a massive bill. My mother tells me one day in the ICU costs tens of thousands of dollars, and the uninsured are given the bill. When they can't pay it, they go bankrupt, and the state absorbs the cost.

until guys like him and the rest of the thieves (from both parties) decide to help us out. You just refuse to see the forrest through the trees.

3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

• 2 weeks later...
For whatever it's worth, Mr. Brown broke party ranks to stop a filibuster on the Democrats' jobs bill today.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

For whatever it's worth, Mr. Brown broke party ranks to stop a filibuster on the Democrats' jobs bill today.

Not suprising...I never said he was worth much! Just that he had a hot daughter (blond one) and that promised to vote down health care. At the end of the day he is from Mass...very little good things come from New Eangland. Lets face it after the colonial period they have been pretty much worthless...actually most all of New England has been pretty much worthles. Cept for hockey players and some skiers!! I am kidding I love New England as much as the next fiscal conservative republican.

3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Note: This thread is 5186 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!