IGNORED

recent "lucky" shots?

prutkows
Note: This thread is 6463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

yesterday i was playing a round with some friends and i hit my second shot into a bunker. the sand felt pretty fine and it was soft.. not wet or hard like some bunkers are. when i took my shot, however, it was like hitting a ball out of the fairway.. instead of sand lifting the ball out of the hole my clubhead slid along the hard sand and i pretty much bladed the ball. luckily, however, it hit the flag, not the flagstick, but the flag. it dropped about a foot from the hole.

luckiest shot of my life!

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

Tom Lehman's drive on 15 in the final round of the International was pretty lucky...I should clarify that the bounce off of the camera back into the fairway was lucky.

Forget your opponents; always play against par. - Sam Snead

Driver: R580 9.5 deg
3-Wood: 15.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)
5-Wood: 18.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)Irons: TA-5 3-PWWedge: CG-12 56 degPutter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

My dad was playing this short par 4 about 3 weeks ago. He hit his drive about 20 yards, duffing it on the bottom of his club. He had a 7 wood in the green. He hit it over the green, hit a tree, hit another tree, and bounced 3 feet from the cup....

I hit a good drive, and flipped lob wedge to 5 ft and missed the putt. He made his.

So much for justice.

i was playing in a stableford comp last tuesday.We were at the par3 16th, a crazy downhill hole!! only 93yds! but its rediculous how steep it is from tee to green and from the tee off you look down onto the green and the roof of the clubhouse. my mate hit a PW with a quarter swing and was 2-3 ft from the pin. i tried the same but mis-hit it badly, my ball bounced off the hill onto the practice green then lipped-out of one of the holes only to run off the green down a bank and onto the 16th green and about 7ft from the pin.missed the putt though.

in the bag-
R7 425cc
Halo 2i
R7 irons
X tour wedge 2-ball putter balls

I was playing a couple nights ago and well....my driver wasnt really "on"....So I pulled it out on a par 4 that had a big dogleg right about 245-250 yards up from the tee. I hit it into the next fairway over. At my course all the holes are separated my a great deal of trees, so it was going to be a tough shot back over to the correct fairway. I pulled out an 8 iron and picked a line and let loose. I hit the green about 10 feet away from the hole so I was still able to putt in for birdie....Quite possibly the luckiest hole of my entire life.

In the Bag:

Wilson Fat Boy Driver
Callaway Steelhead 3 & 5 Wood (Steel Shaft)
3 & 5-SW Callaway X-1452 degree WedgeAdams Golf 60 Degree WedgePing B60 PutterOther Optional Clubs:Callaway Steelhead 1 WoodCleveland 60 degree wedgeAdams Golf 56 Degree WedgesWilson Blackjack PutterBall: ...

I don't believe in "lucky" shots. I like to think I put myself into positions where even my mishits leave me in good shape.

Whatever.

My only eagle of the year came on the luckiest shot I've ever hit. Short dogleg left par 4, I thought I'd try to cut the corner and leave myself a pitch to the green instead of a full wedge or 9-iron. Smacked a five-wood with a slight draw that careened off of a mound and somehow ran up onto the green, eighteen inches from the pin. There was a group still putting, and when I caught up to them on the next tee, they all wondered where the ball came from. Oh, made the eighteen-incher for a natural eagle, by the way

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

last year, 16th at my home course. Dribbled the drive off the tee (short hole), leaving 160 to the pin.Green is way uphill from where I was, couldn't see what's going on... Hit approach rather thin... airmailed the green (pin on the front), hit huge rock, which is right behind the green... We were looking for the ball for the while... almost give up... just to find it IN THE CUP. Eagle.
easy game, isn't ?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

During a scramble at my old club, on a 275 yard par 4 dogleg left over a creek, I hit my tee shot into trees growing between the edge of the creek and the green. The ball rattled around in the trees, finally got spit out onto the green, rolled across and lipped out, leaving us about 2ft for eagle. We made the putt. I told them it wasn't luck, I planned it that way. For some reason, no one believed me.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

During a scramble at my old club, on a 275 yard par 4 dogleg left over a creek, I hit my tee shot into trees growing between the edge of the creek and the green. The ball rattled around in the trees, finally got spit out onto the green, rolled across and lipped out, leaving us about 2ft for eagle. We made the putt. I told them it wasn't luck, I planned it that way. For some reason, no one believed me.

lol, that truly is either the luckiest shot so far on this thread. unless of course you really did plan it that way

ive never had luck with the trees, they like to eat my ball.

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

The toughest hole at Hilltop Lakes is called Bear Claw and nearly all the retirees there have to lay up to a lake on a par 4. A stream runs accross the fairway out about 230 yds so everyone lays up to that and then hits over onto the fairway short of a lake and then goes for the green in three. I hit a 5 wood during a tournament close to the stream and then hit it again over the stream and the lake into the hole for an eagle. What made it great was my son just drove up and walked over to me and asked me if I was going to hit a 5 iron and I told him "NO", think I'll hit this 5 wood again. It worked and I'm the only one they know of that eagled that hole.

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

Note: This thread is 6463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!