IGNORED

Lift, clean and place??

kleraudio
Note: This thread is 5210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No, you get relief. As always, the rules cover it.

Source: Rule 25-2. Embedded Ball

A ball embedded in its own pitch-mark in the ground in any closely mown area through the green may be lifted, cleaned and dropped, without penalty, as near as possible to the spot where it lay but not nearer the hole. The ball when dropped must first strike a part of the course through the green. "Closely mown area" means any area of the course, including paths through the rough, cut to fairway height or less.

http://www.usga.org/Rule-Books/Rules-of-Golf/Rule-25/

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hit a shot dead middle of the fairway last week, a day after it rained really good out here. And I couldnt find the ball. Turns out it dug itself about 4 inches deep into the fairway?? Should I take a penalty for hitting an absolutely perfect shot that hit the middle of the fairway?

That is a standard rule, no need for permission to lift, clean and

drop (not place) the ball... just don't repair the pitch mark until after you play your next shot. See Rule 25-2.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That is a standard rule, no need for permission to lift, clean and

When applying Rule 25-2 it often occurs that the dropped ball also embeds. In such a case it is permissible to redrop. If the ball still embeds (which is more than likely...) the ball may be placed. See Dec 25-2/2.5:

"If a ball embeds when dropped and embeds again when redropped, the player may, in equity (Rule 1-4), place the ball as near as possible to the spot where it embedded when redropped, but not nearer the hole. If the player drops the ball more than twice, the ball embeds each time and he then becomes aware that he was entitled to place the ball after the second drop, he may place the ball as near as possible to the spot where it embedded on the second drop. " P.S. How the hell that multi-quote functions?? I've tried and tried but fail every time. Pls. help!!!

Note: This thread is 5210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!