IGNORED

Ok i have a lil problem

Note: This thread is 5205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Oh how i love people trying to sell

It could be portrayed as trying to sell, or it could be honest advice. Many people believe that the best club is a fitted one. Nike, Calloway, Titleist, TM all make solid clubs manufactured to a high quality standard, but they won't work optimally, until they fit the person. I watched more Nike Driver commercials yesterday than any other manufacturer, Does that make Nike the best clubs on the planet simply because they have a research and development site called the "oven"? Anthony Kim likes Nike because it matches his belt buckle (if you didn't see the commercial, you won't get the joke).

Driver: 600t 10.5*
3Wood: TBD
Irons: 1 Iron Golf 3i-PW
Putter: O-Blade
Hobby: I enjoy collecting samples of vintage Ping

Oh how i love people trying to sell

Well, have you???

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

It could be portrayed as trying to sell, or it could be honest advice. Many people believe that the best club is a fitted one. Nike, Calloway, Titleist, TM all make solid clubs manufactured to a high quality standard, but they won't work optimally, until they fit the person. I watched more Nike Driver commercials yesterday than any other manufacturer, Does that make Nike the best clubs on the planet simply because they have a research and development site called the "oven"? Anthony Kim likes Nike because it matches his belt buckle (if you didn't see the commercial, you won't get the joke).

Farm Kid is 100% correct on his point. All of the brands he mentioned make clubs to a very high standard, often as high or higher than the OEMs. I would add a few more, Maltby, Innovex, Golfsmith/Snake Eyes, and Integra (who makes a forged iron head right here in the United States, show me an OEM who does that ). These comapnies make club components, and they are all custom order, so as to fit the golfer.

Good to see there are ejimicated peeple on this site who are aware of what else is available. As a clubfitter/maker I'm not doing this JUST to make a sale. I'm here to educate my customer, listen to what they want, measure them for what they need, advise them on what's available, and let them decide whether they want to buy from me or go somewhere else.

I'm really not saying that brand name stuff is total junk, my apologies for making it appear so, but if you are sold a club that was not fitted to your swing and feel then you were not served (or maybe you were just "served").

Those of you playing soft forged clubs should have the lofts and lies checked at least twice a season if you're playing them more than twice every week and especially if you're a divoter.

Ever heard of spines, "FLO", tip trimming to get the ball down/reduce spin/increase feel/stop that "whippy feel",flex matching, MOI matching, custom grinding, the list goes on...
I'm here to sell custom clubfitting/making not a particular brand.
But thanks for your comments.

KZG Gemini 9* Aldila Proto By You
Leyland COPlasma 3wd
Golfsmith Q4 19*
Louisville HyLofter 24*
Wishon 770CFEs w/Nippons
Alpha P2 wedges
Louisville EWP putter

Good to see there are ejimicated peeple on this site who are aware of what else is available. As a clubfitter/maker I'm not doing this JUST to make a sale. I'm here to educate my customer, listen to what they want, measure them for what they need, advise them on what's available, and let them decide whether they want to buy from me or go somewhere else.

I fully agree with you, but the way it came across was rash. It seemed you were belittling OEMs and really pushing yourself. Perhaps it is just there is no inflection in text, but that's how it read.

JMHO

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

Yeah, the OEMs are like shoe salesmen with a hundred styles all in one size. It may be the average size, but that doesn't mean it fits everyone.

What's unfortunate for so many golfers is that most of the retail stores don't offer enough service for their customers. The local Dick's has a loft/lie machine but the pro there isn't always available and it wouldn't take much effort to train a few employees who REALLY WANT TO KNOW how to use it.
When I build a set of irons I build EACH club as a seperate entity that closely matches the feel that the client is looking for. I build them one at a time and the client goes out and uses each club on the range or course and gives me feedback. Will Dick's, Golf Galaxy, et al do this for you?
THAT'S what I'm selling.

BTW- B KELLER- nice set! I'm using Wishon 770CFEs, I'll never use another!

KZG Gemini 9* Aldila Proto By You
Leyland COPlasma 3wd
Golfsmith Q4 19*
Louisville HyLofter 24*
Wishon 770CFEs w/Nippons
Alpha P2 wedges
Louisville EWP putter

Note: This thread is 5205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!