IGNORED

Ok i have a lil problem

Note: This thread is 5195 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok so today i went for a full fitting of all my clubs except wedges and putter. Turns out EVERYTHING that i have is bad for me. So i ended up going with:
Fairway woods: Ping i15 w red avixcore stiff
Hybrids: 19,22 Taylormade 09 Rescue w fuji fit on stiff
Irons: 4,5 mp-52, 6-PW mp-58s. irons w kbs stiff
All the clubs will have golf pride cord grips. Crazy thing was that i told him i hit a 7i 150 which i did last year. Well he started me w 6 irons and i hit it 175!!!!!my BEST last yr was 160!!!!! working out mustve helped i thought. Hit a few more like this and then i hit one 185!!!!!HOLY CRAP!!!!! I am soo excited!!!! Hitting everything 15-20 yrds further hitting a 22 degree 220!!!!! WOW

Now my actual question: He recomended that I get a r9 460 w a f1 motore. Thing is i dont really like this driver. So he suggested i wait and try this: http://blogs.golf.com/equipment/2010...p-drivers.html . It looks good but im wondering if there are any clubs that launch/spin like the 460? How about the VR it looks pretty good..... Thanks guys

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

Ok so today i went for a full fitting of all my clubs except wedges and putter. Turns out EVERYTHING that i have is bad for me. So i ended up going with:

Yeah, don't fall into that trap. Golf companies know you'll say this, so they keep making their clubs longer, and with lower lofts. Your new 6 iron is probably equal to your old 5 iron, hence, you hit it farther, of course. Taylor Made has reduced their lofts, and increased thier lengths the most, and guess who sells the most clubs? Bingo! Stores also know this, so they set up their launch monitors often to show you as hitting a club farther than you really hit it. I walk into a store and try out a club, and they tell me I'm hitting my 6 iron 210 yards, I know that's not quite right. On the course, I rely on a for maybe 180 yards, not 210.

Bottom line, when you walk into a golf store and their monitor tells you you've just added 20 yards, walk out.

Well id agree except: i was in a specialty fitter's store and he gets nothing by selling me clubs.....he makes all of his money off of the fitting regardless of whether i buy anything.... secondly i have been lifting weights ALOT this winter and maybe it has payed off....

Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

Did you bring your own clubs to hit them side by side? ALWAYS do this if you don't already.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

I did and i hit the other much better. My numbers were a ton better w the mizzys. So does anyone know of a driver that launches like the r9 460?

Why do you want a new driver? Your sig says that you love the s9-1 pro d? And if you do decide to buy something else, I would be interested in your Cobra.

:callaway: BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 :callaway: x2hot 3deep 14.5* (TBD) :tmade: RSI UDI 20* RIP Tour 90 :bridgestone: J40CB 4-PW Steelfiber i95 :vokey: SM4 50* KBS Tour V :vokey: SM5 54* KBS 610 :vokey: SM5 58* KBS HI-REV 2.0 MannKrafted Handmade Custom

well i should change my sig.....i lovED this club. I was balooning everything for a while and this was the only club that didnt.... now iv getten my swing alot better and it goes about a foot off the ground..... the numbers w it were BAD just like my experiences w it lately.... so anyone have any suggestions as to clubs that resemble the r9 460??? please????

No one can tell you what driver to buy, you need to decide which one is best based on look, feel, sound, etc. All drivers must conform to USGA limits on COR, MOI, volume, and length. This makes them all pretty much the same, so it's merely a matter of loft, flex, face angle, and taste.

I did and i hit the other much better. My numbers were a ton better w the mizzys. So does anyone know of a driver that launches like the r9 460?

Well you went with the I 15 fairway. I just did as well and got the I 15 driver to match. Amazing club! Check it out.

In the bag-

Driver- Ping Anser 9.5  Diamana Ahina
3 Wood-RBZ tour 15
Hybrid-RBZ tour 4 Irons-  Ping I20s 4-GW with soft stepped X100sWedges 58 and 54 SM4s with soft stepped X100s Putter- Ping TR Senita

Well you went with the I 15 fairway. I just did as well and got the I 15 driver to match. Amazing club! Check it out.

I second that..... Even though I don't play one, I almost did..... Went back 3 or 4 times to hit it some more to make sure it wasn't a fluke..... Just couldn't pull the trigger.... It said

on it

:callaway: BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 :callaway: x2hot 3deep 14.5* (TBD) :tmade: RSI UDI 20* RIP Tour 90 :bridgestone: J40CB 4-PW Steelfiber i95 :vokey: SM4 50* KBS Tour V :vokey: SM5 54* KBS 610 :vokey: SM5 58* KBS HI-REV 2.0 MannKrafted Handmade Custom

Well he started me w 6 irons and i hit it 175!!!!!my BEST last yr was 160!!!!! working out mustve helped i thought. Hit a few more like this and then i hit one 185!!!!!HOLY CRAP!!!!! I am soo excited!!!!

Nothing really that amazing about a delofted 6 iron going 5 iron distance. Hit 10 in a row 185 outside and you'll know if you're onto something. The one you hit 185 is the one you throw out of the sample.

I second that..... Even though I don't play one, I almost did..... Went back 3 or 4 times to hit it some more to make sure it wasn't a fluke..... Just couldn't pull the trigger.... It said

Why don't you start thinking for yourself rather than trying to assemble a bag that you think looks like that of a pro who would probably prefer to have clubs from different manufacturers anyway. You are doing yourself and your game a huge disservice by ignoring anything not made by Titleist. And...what's with those ridiculous bend angles on your wedges?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Why don't you start thinking for yourself rather than trying to assemble a bag that you think looks like that of a pro who would probably prefer to have clubs from different manufacturers anyway. You are doing yourself and your game a huge disservice by ignoring anything not made by Titleist. And...what's with those ridiculous bend angles on your wedges?

4* of seperation between clubs from 6-LW. And what do you care if I only play Titleist? You work for Ping? I have played other clubs and own 2 sets of mizuno irons...... it was a sarcastic joke. Take it easy, jag.

I have found a few drivers that, to me, seem to hit fairly similar to the R9 460. Callaway FT-9, Nike DYMO (although it SOUNDS very different) and is being replaced by the VR, Ping V2 Rapture, and Ping G15/i15. Cobra is also coming out with the S2 that I have heard is the new flagship driver for Cobra.

In my Grom stand bag:

V2 Rapture 9* with Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Blue stiff shaft
Launcher 15* 3 wood with Proforce V2 stiff shaft
18.5* 3DX 3+ Hybrid with Adila NV Hybrid 75 stiff shaft MX 200 3-PW with True Temper XP S300 stiff shaftsVokey Spin Milled 52.08Vokey Spin Milled 58.12 CX2 34 in

Have you tried-
SMT
Alpha
KZG
Bang
Wishon
Nakashima
...the list goes on

KZG Gemini 9* Aldila Proto By You
Leyland COPlasma 3wd
Golfsmith Q4 19*
Louisville HyLofter 24*
Wishon 770CFEs w/Nippons
Alpha P2 wedges
Louisville EWP putter

I don't think the club head will matter so much. If you have the right shaft/loft combination, you should be able to maximize your yardage with your driver.

I've heard only good things about the Supertri so far, looks pretty good.
Nothing really that amazing about a delofted 6 iron going 5 iron distance. Hit 10 in a row 185 outside and you'll know if you're onto something. The one you hit 185 is the one you throw out of the sample.

I wouldn't consider a Mizuno iron a "delofted" iron like some Taylormade GI irons. A Mizuno MP-58 6 iron is 31* while a Burner 6 iron is 27*. Now that's delofted. Compared to the Titleist irons that the OP used to play, the lofts are pretty much the same.

Honestly, chill out dude. His wedge lofts are actually very reasonable...

The mizunos were 1 degree stronger than my tms.... not gonna make a 15 yard diffirence.....

Have you tried-

Oh how i love people trying to sell

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Have you tried-

Oh how i love people trying to sell

I agree with both of you, though I haven't heard of SMT or Bang.

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

Note: This thread is 5195 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!