IGNORED

Are you brand biased?

Note: This thread is 5189 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There is so much new technology out there that's it's crazy to narrow your focus to just one brand, IMO. That's what makes demo days so great. You can go down the line of manufacturers and test out all the drivers, with various shaft combinations, and see what works just for you.

When I was in the market for irons, I hit all the "players" clubs: Callaway X-forged, Titleist, Ping, Nike, Taylormade, but it only took one swing with Mizuno to know what my next iron set would be. The same when I bought my driver a couple years ago. I hit them all, but for me the Titleist with the V2 shaft was by far the best.

Until I am offered a contract from some manufacturer to play only their clubs, I guess I'll continue to shop around to the best clubs for me.

Driver 905S, V2 stiff shaft
3-Wood 906F2 13 degree, V2 stiff
Hybrid 585H 21 degree, Aldila VS Proto
Irons (4-PW) MP-57, Rifle 5.5
SW & LW spin milledPutter TracyBall Pro V-1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason I would be brand biased is bag appeal. For example, a set of Taylormade woods and Titleist irons through putter really appeals to me because it would look pretty in the bag. I wouldn't spend the money on a club without loving the club, but I guess I just test out clubs that would have bag appeal.
In the blue and tan grom Bag:

Driver r7 460 10.5*
Fairway Woods '07 Burner 15* and 18*
Irons 4-PW r7 XDWedges 47*, 52*, 58* CG14,Putter TiffanyBall One Tour D

The only reason I would be brand biased is bag appeal. For example, a set of Taylormade woods and Titleist irons through putter really appeals to me because it would look pretty in the bag. I wouldn't spend the money on a club without loving the club, but I guess I just test out clubs that would have bag appeal.

I didn't see a smiley face after your post, but this has to be a put-on, right? Looking pretty in the bag?

Driver 905S, V2 stiff shaft
3-Wood 906F2 13 degree, V2 stiff
Hybrid 585H 21 degree, Aldila VS Proto
Irons (4-PW) MP-57, Rifle 5.5
SW & LW spin milledPutter TracyBall Pro V-1

Taylormade is my favorite. I love how they have different clubs for all different types of players. Plus, I just got the MBs and I don't think I will ever take them out of my bag!
Driver -- 909 D2 9.5º - Diamana Blueboard 65
3 Wood -- Burner 15º - REAX Superfast 50 - (re-shafting)
Hybrid -- Rescue TP w/ FCT 19º - Aldila VooDoo SVS8
Irons -- RAC MB TP 3-PW - DG S300
Wedges -- Vokey Spin Milled 52º, MP-T 10 Raw Black Satin 60ºPutter -- Studio Select Newport 2...

Since I'm fairly new to golf (only played for about 14 months) i started with a beginner set and had no clue about other clubs. i then wanted to buy ping clubs, changed my mind to taylormade, changed again to callaway (i was gaming an odyssey putter) and then settled on titleist. Why? They outperformed all the other clubs I hit and it was the only set of irons i could actually get custom fit for, here we don't have those fitting carts or launch monitors so it was the best decision.

I would have to say yes to this question. Just getting back into the game. But when I was playing a lot I always hot TaylorMade driver and woods and Mizuno irons. Wedges and putters are a different story. I Titleist driver I just bought in the fall is my first "non-TaylorMade" driver I have ever had.

titleist.gif Titleist 910 D3 - Project X 6.0 7C3 Shaft  |  adams.gif Adams XTD Super Hybrid - 15 degrees  
adams.gif Adams Idea Pro A12 Hybrid - 18 degrees 
Adams CB2 - KBS Tour Shafts - 4 - PW
vokey.gif Vokey 54.10 Oil Can  |  vokey.gif Vokey 60.07 Oil Can  |  rife.gif Rife Trinidad - SuperStroke

I am getting a little biased towards Titleist. I used to be a fan of Cobra and Callaway. As you can see my bag is heavily Titleist and a Scotty Cameron will be in my bag in a matter of weeks. I have played my Cobra hybrid for about 4 years now and it is one club that won't be leaving anytime soon. My Adams Speedline 3 wood was a new adition to the bag and it was actually the club I hit best after I tried Callaway, Cleveland, Cobra, Titleist, Adams and TaylorMade. Althought I am more biased toward Titleist I don't see my Cobra hybrid or Adams 3 wood going anywhere anytime soon.

909 D2 9.5* Voodoo
906 F4 15.5* UST V2
3DX DC 19* UST SR2
AP2 3-PW PX 5.5
Vokey SM 52.08 & 58.08 DG S300 Circa '62 no. 7 NXT TourWhite Tacki-Mac Itomic Career Low: 1 over par 71

I would be if I ever get an all ping set. Something about that company that I like. Plus they have great stuff.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

I'm a bit of a PING •••••. Before deciding on my irons, I tried many brands including TM, Callaway, Nike, Cobra, and others. I actually hesitated to try the PINGs for some reason, but once I tried them, I loved them- and I still do. I'm constantly trying putters, and the only ones that feel really good to me any more are PINGs. I will admit that I bought my driver more because it matched my irons than anything else, but hey- it's a top-of-the-line club and I like it. I have been very happy with my TM 3W and my Cleveland lobber as well, but if someone passed a law that limited me to one brand of club, it would have to be PING for me.

In my C-130 bag:

Driver: G10 10.5*
3 Wood: Burner
Irons: G10 steel AWT shafts, silver dot, +1" (3-SW)Wedge: cg12 58*Putters: Squareback 2, California Coronado Low score (18 holes): 90Low score (9 holes): 42

I'm definitely not biased, but all of a sudden I am playing almost everything Taylor Made.

It started with my irons... used to hit Mizuno irons that i loved, but when it was time to upgrade I went to a custom fitter and hit about 8 different models and brands with a trackman. The 09 Burners just came to be what fit best for me, and felt best.
Next it was my driver, I had been playing Cleveland for awhile... but my buddies were really pushing me towards a Burner, I hit one with the Rombax 75 shaft and loved it.
Last was my bag, it was free from my member guest... great bag as well by the way, light but plenty of room and doesn't look dwarfed by a cart.

Monza Featherweight Stand Bag
R11s with RIP Phenom Stiff
R11 3 Wood
R9 Irons 3-PW with KBS Tour Shafts
Vokey 52-4 Deg Spin Milled Wedge Vokey 56-11 Deg Spin Milled Wedge Vokey 60-4 Deg Spin Milled Wedge

Scotty Cameron California Hollywood Putter

Note: This thread is 5189 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!