IGNORED

Need advice from Mass members

Note: This thread is 5337 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'll be staying in Andover, MA for training the week of March 22-27. Was looking to play some golf that Monday when I fly in on Monday so it would need to be somewhere relatively close to the Manchester Airport and then on Saturday in which I've strategically scheduled the flight out late Saturday afternoon . This is my first time visiting this part of the country and looking to get some memorable golf in weather permitting. From a search it seems like Butterbrook GC would be a good choice on Sat, but open to other suggestions if you all got them, and I'm trying to keep it under $100 if possible. Thanks for any help in advance.

Driver: Dual Point 9*
Woods: Dual Point 3-wood, T-40 5-wood
Irons: r7 TP's
Wedges: RAC TP Black 52/56/60
Putter: White Steel

The only course i've played around there is Hillview Golf Course in North Reading MA, which is one town over. If you're willing to drive into Boston, my favorite course ever is in the Hyde Park neighborhood, it's called George Wright Golf Course. Both of these are pretty inexpensive, probably in the $30- $40 range.

Edit: Sorry, but these are courses near Andover. If you are looking for ones near Manchester, i've got none...

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would take a look at Meadow Creek Golf Club in Dracut. You could also go over to Merrimack Valley Golf Club in Methuen. It's a Donald Ross course that just had extensive work done the last couple of years. Not too far from Andover is Far Corners in West Boxford. They have 3 nines so you can always get out over there. Hopefully you get some good weather, good luck!

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Campbell's Scottish Highlands is a nice course in southern NH. http://www.scottishhighlandsgolf.com/ . It's in between Andover and Manchester, NH, about 20 minutes from Andover and 15 from Manchester right off route 93. Not sure it will be open when you are there though. Don't forget about New England Winters!

Far Corner in West Boxford, as noted above, is a nice course. http://www.farcornergolf.com/ It is about 20 minutes from Andover on Rte 495. They will be open. It's a 27 hole course that is fun and can be challenging. It's only about 25 minutes from the Manchester airport.

Hillview is a nice short course, but Far Corner and Scottish Highlands are more challenging and longer. The link below is a guide to area golf.

http://www.golfingnewengland.com/nei....nsf/NHCourses

Best of luck.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for all the replies guys... Much better getting advice from people in the area than going off Google searches!!! Just visually though, looks like it's a toss between Butterbrook, Blackstone, and Merrimack Valley. Being that the max will probably be 2 rounds, and vote on which two (also would take other suggestions) are the must play? Do these courses usually get played enough to where I've got to try and get in the tee time the 7 days in advance or is walking up to the course and getting on usually not a problem? So what's weather like normally that time of year. I've played here in Austin a many of time in the 40's and 15mph+ winds so that doesn't bother me. Also, if anyone of you all is willing, any company is good company!

Thanks again for the help, never too early to start planning.....

Driver: Dual Point 9*
Woods: Dual Point 3-wood, T-40 5-wood
Irons: r7 TP's
Wedges: RAC TP Black 52/56/60
Putter: White Steel

As for the weather question, I would plan for the worst. It could be snowing or it could be sunny and warm in march, it's total luck really. If you really want to play golf and the weather isn't cooperating you might be in for a trip to cape cod to find a course that is playable, so be prepared for that, new england weather heh.

If you feel like driving theres quite a few courses in the stow area off of 495.
Stow Acres has 36 holes
Butternut Farm I believe is only 18
They are next to each-other, probably a 30-45 min drive from Andover, odds are if your willing to drive your options would really open up.

4DX Evolver 10.5 Stiff UST V2
Big Bertha Steelhead Plus 3wood
mp-32 3-pw tt x100's
xtour 56/52deg
feel golf 60 deg lob wedge dual force rossie blade I golf balls

Note: This thread is 5337 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!