IGNORED

Favorite thing about having GPS...

Note: This thread is 5188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There are so many golf GPS devices out now... Most have the same features, some have unique features, but for the most part they do the same things.

What one feature of your GPS do you find to be the most useful? What one thing does your GPS do that you can't believe you played without before?

For me, it's the ability to get precise distances to the front, middle and back of the green. Before GPS I would find a sprinkler or go by the "150 tree" or the blue/white/red indicators, look at the flag and pick a club accordingly. Knowing the exact yardage to the pin, to the the front and back, and the exact depth of the green allows me to make a far more precise club selection. It takes missing long or short out of the equation.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I rarely use my GPS on my home course anymore, I have pretty much shot from every spot on the course, and know what club to hit and the yardage from wherever I'm at pretty closely.

I do use it whenever I play courses I'm not that familiar with, and I think more than just giving me yardage to the green, where it helps me most is knowing yardages to lay-ups, doglegs and bunkers. That allows me to play exactly the club I need without having to guess how far away that fairway bunker is.

I would agree with Bullitt, layup or carry yardages to fairway bunkers or water is the most beneficial. Yardages to centers of greens were already there on the sprinkler heads.

Driver 905S, V2 stiff shaft
3-Wood 906F2 13 degree, V2 stiff
Hybrid 585H 21 degree, Aldila VS Proto
Irons (4-PW) MP-57, Rifle 5.5
SW & LW spin milledPutter TracyBall Pro V-1

It makes me feel confident in my yardages and commit to shots better. The course i play is not marked well so it speeds up the round also.

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

I am still trying to figure out how far I hit the ball with different clubs so I use that feature a lot.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

I think it helps to speed up play. It also is a reality check with the distances off the tee. It helps you realize how much the temperature really affects ball flight and distance so I can adjust accordingly.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Biggest thing for me is it makes me confident in yardages and speeds up play.

The one feature I can't do without is the water/bunker to and carry distances. Bunkers I don't worry about so much, but we have a hole on my home course that you have to carry a little bit of water to get to a par 5 in two. It's about the only time I take it off of the iGreen view at the home course.

It's worth its weight in gold when I'm at a new course though.
Driver: 10.5 Adams Speedline 9032LS with VooDoo XNV6 X-stiff
Fairway Woods: G15 4wood with Serrano 75 X-stiff
Irons: Ping i15 3-PW w/ AWT Shafts
Wedges: Spin Milled Oil Can Vokey 50deg/54deg/58deg
Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza SpiderBall: Taylormade PentaBest Score 2010 Season: 75Home...

It makes me feel confident in my yardages and commit to shots better. The course i play is not marked well so it speeds up the round also.

+1

GPS helps zone in your distances with each club

G10 (VS Proto 65 X) or 905S (speeder X) / X Tour 3W (VS Proto S) / Adams Idea Tour Proto 18* (VS Proto S) / S59 Tour, Z-Z65 Cushin (D2) / Mizuno MP-T 51-06 , 56-10, / Miz TP Mills #6 ~or~ Cleveland BRZ #5

to date most folk seem to to suggest the gain in confidence in knowing exact distances as the best feature ... I totally aggree.
the fact that I cannot hit any club a consistant distance is irrelevent to me,
as I believe that this new found confidence will, in time, improve my consistancy.

Note: This thread is 5188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!