IGNORED

1st hole, PAR 3?

killerduck
Note: This thread is 5149 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A 9 hole near here starts with one. Its a 155 yards to the pin, big green. You gotta go for the center of the green, because your hitting across a steep valley, so if you miss, your either in very steep, large bunkers, shooting uphill to the green for your second, or you hit the grass, and your ball rolls all the way down the valley, to the bottom. Its a challenging hole, and on the odd day we go there, we usually open up with a couple of shots just to practice if no one is waiting, because its a fun hole..

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

During the 1980s, Guthrie Country Club in Oklahoma had a 190-yd. par 3 as the first hole.

Tee was about eight feet higher than green with a trap and fall off along the left side. Key: approach to right half, either hit green or leave it on the front fringe. Decent chance for up and down par if you left it a bit short. Not that brutal for a longer par 3.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

IndianHead G.C, on Camp Casey, S.Korea, and also Sung Nam G.C. in Seoul, had opening par 3's, they both were shortish (9-SW) so I guess that didnt bother me a whole lot, but it did feel strange as Im from Iowa and the majority of the courses I play are either 4's or 5's. The only bad thing I have to say about opening with a 3 is that on busy days, it made for the mother of traffic jams!

In my bag, I carry
Karsten 7* IST 3wood 1200LT 5wood
MP-14 3i-PW
MP-Tseries 56-10 RawHaze
Golfsmith Attack 60-10 DeepRed Fluid Feel putter w/fatshaft proV1's when I can afford 'emCourses I love to play: http://pebblecreekgolf.org/ http://www.byronhills.com/ http://www.golfmohr.com/http://ww.....

I've never played a course that opened with a par 3 nor ended with a par 3 but I imagine I wouldn't like it.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

I'm not a fan of first hole par 3's, they don't let you warm up.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I really don't mind starting with a par three but for some reason I really hate when courses end with par 3s something about it really bugs me. I've played a course where the last two holes are par 3s of almost exactly the same length and that just drives me crazy for some reason.

Titleist 14 way stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3
3wood: Titleist 910f
hybrid: Ping I20
4-Gw: Ping I20

56 Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM4

60 Wedge: Cleveland CG10

Putter: Scotty Cameron California Fastback

my home course starts off with a 170 yard elevated green
DriverMonster Hi-Bore XLS/w Mintsubishi Diamana Fit-On M Gold Stiff 55g
Woods906F4 3 Wood/w Aldila VS Proto Fairway Stiff 80g
Hybrid3dx red 20 and 23 degree
Irons3dx red 5-pw
Wedgesharmonized sand wedge 56 degree loft and harmonize lob wedge 60 degree loftPutterWhite Hot XG SabertoothBallNoddle or ...

I really don't mind starting with a par three but for some reason I really hate when courses end with par 3s something about it really bugs me. I've played a course where the last two holes are par 3s of almost exactly the same length and that just drives me crazy for some reason.

There's a course in the southern hills of Adelaide that ends with 2 par threes. It is a bit bogus.

I played my course today, and both times I missed the first green (par 3) with too much hook. IT'S DOING MY HEAD IN!!! lol

Big Bertha 454, 10* reg
904F, 15* Dynamic Gold S300
Tour Special, 18* reg
DCI 962, 3-PW, Dynamic Gold R300
X tour wedges, 52* and 56* 8881 putter Pro V1's for the momentBlogging my "Quest for single digits" every week.

Royal Lytham Golf Club, which has hosted The Open starts with a par 3.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

In Ludlow, MA hole #1 Par 3 - 230yds from the tips. Downhill, plays around 215-220. Don't mind bogeying that one since #2 is a short par 5

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

Note: This thread is 5149 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!