IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

So, steadier head then

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

About all I see. The path and stuff look okay. A bit more wrist on the follow-through than I might like, but it seems to be late (i.e. well after impact).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Went to the range after a poor evening  of golf. 

Pitching needs to have a better pivot. Torso towards the target more. I need to make sure I don’t fake it by trying to not turn and early extend, tilt back and raise the left shoulder up. 

Full swing needs to be that short feel, then a swing down and out a bit more type of feel. I was getting to much raise the handle feel. Though the shorter swing feel makes me want to do that raise the handle feel more naturally.

I found I wasn’t gripping the club open enough. I was hitting really good shots, but straight draws. I opened the club face a bit to straighten that out. 

Overall, happy with figuring this stuff out quickly enough. I better on the course corrections.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Worked on keeping my head still while putting. Something that helped is turning my head towards the target at address so I am looking at the ball more with my right eye. Not sure why, but its helped stabilize my head movement. 

Went to the range after lunch. Tried to figure out my pitching woes right now. Got into a bit of shanking some pitches. I tried setting up a bit further from the ball. Then I worked on proper pivot motion. Not letting my right shoulder dip down as much. I can still turn well, and hit just behind the ball. I think its because of my right shoulder dropping, or my head dropping back. 

Full swing stuff is better. I am working on the timing of the shorter swing. I find that I need to feel a bit more hitting at the ball feel now. 

Putting is getting better. Quick stuff to tune up. 

Pitching needs work

Long game feels like it’s coming together. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Played in a scramble today. 

Did OK off the tee. Then I got into hitting this push cut shape. It didn’t feel like I was falling back. They were solid strikes, but just started right. Like if you aim down the middle the ball would end up in the right rough on an average hole width. Then they cut about 10 yards more. 

Irons where OK. A few blocks right. Most were a few grooves thin. 

Distance wedges were decent. I like the trajectory. I was a bit strong with the distance. 

Putting was OK. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Went to the range after the scramble. I have no idea what is going on, but I am pull cutting every shot. I am seeing significant distance loss. WTF!! 

Going to take a few days off and hope it clears things up. I don’t know how I went from hitting push draws to pull cuts. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

8 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Went to the range after the scramble. I have no idea what is going on, but I am pull cutting every shot. I am seeing significant distance loss. WTF!! 

Going to take a few days off and hope it clears things up. I don’t know how I went from hitting push draws to pull cuts. 

Pull cuts? Like a pull fade or worse? Is your path too tight?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

16 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Pull cuts? Like a pull fade or worse? Is your path too tight?

I have no idea what you mean by tight? 

If I am at target with a 7-iron, the ball pulls 15 yards left and cuts back 5-10 yards. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

5 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I have no idea what you mean by tight?

Tension in the arms or shoulders?

5 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

If I am at target with a 7-iron, the ball pulls 15 yards left and cuts back 5-10 yards. 

Welcome to my world 😂

At least you’re consistent...

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

2 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Tension in the arms or shoulders?

Nope

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

Did you work with sticks? Do you know the alignment is the same?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

14 minutes ago, iacas said:

Did you work with sticks? Do you know the alignment is the same?

I put a club down on the ground and aimed over a flag 100 yards down range. 

I do think I’ve been aligning right too much lately. Just by some good strikes ending up right of where I expected. I might have been hitting pull draws lately. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Trying to figure out my ball flight issues. 

The only thing I can see is the clubhead going to inside at A1-A3. I like how my hips turn in the face-on view. Another thing is how my head works in the downswing. It starts to shift towards the target, than tilts down and back a bit in the downswing. 

Trying to work on the backswing swing path.

I still struggle in not letting the club cross over to the right at the top. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

(edited)

Found a range in Greensburg PA to get some practice in. 

Tried to focus on a bit more hinge to keep the club from going inside at A2. Also tried to stop the arms at A3. Mainly by slowing the arms down going into A3

I feel like the club face needs to rotate open a bit more. 

I like the amount I turn in the downswing, hips opening at impact. The FO hip turn looks better. 

I also worked on pitching. I hinge a bit more. The feel that works is having the left hand slow down at impact, and keeping the pivot rates up. 

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

What are you doing in Greensburg?

It is where I’ve called home for 4’ish years. Not my favorite place but lots of family here.

Played 9 at The Madison course

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/g6OWUOC2rO

Tried to keep the swing shorter. Struggled a bit with controlling the golf ball. Short game was either really good, or meh. Putting was solid.

I feel like what I’ve been working on is what I need to do. Shorten the swing and get the club in a better position at A3ish. I need to work out how to make sure I am turning enough through the downswing. 

My drives were either really good or a big cut. I feel like the cut is me not turning correctly. I can feel a difference in the swings.

The irons might be partly aim ( I am right), and party blocking my irons. The club feels a bit stuck behind me at impact, or the strikes are a few grooves thin. 

Short game was good for the pitching.  What works is pivoting well and feeling like he hands slow down at impact. Chipping wasn’t as sharp. Just poor distance control on supper firm greens. 

Looking at the ball with my right eye more, and trying to keep my head steady has brought strike consistency back to my putting. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

9 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

FORE!!!!  😉

What did you think of the course?  It's less than an hour from my house, but I've never ventured out in that direction.

Yea, I actually hit a good 4 iron, but aimed way right because I was to lazy to look for the green.. 

the course is good. I like hilly courses like that one. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag