IGNORED

My Swing (golfro)

golfro
Note: This thread is 4958 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Alright. Got my driver shaft changed out to Prolaunch Red stiff and my ball trajectory is looking ideal.
Recorded my swing...never realized how short my swing is? not that I have a complaint about it but something about it looks incomplete...swing looks very shallow.
Anyway, working on keeping my head stable on the backswing and keeping both legs stable. Feel like theres a bit too much movement in the left knee on the downswing.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

great swing fundamentally from this angle. you are getting a lot of sway though in your backswing which can lead to a lot of inconsistent shots if your timing is off. try to eliminate that and you'll have a pretty damn solid golf swing. imho of course.

yeah the swaying is something i consciously work on but damn it to hell i am just about the least flexible person nowadays. hours in the office has caused me to stiffen up and anytime I try to get a bit more shoulder turn, my upper body ends up swaying back and forth. I think this is where Ive subsconsciously shortened up my swing. Definitely something to work on.

also seeing a very slight chicken wing going on as well...another thing I can work on.

here is another swing in non slow motion. you can still see the swaying in my upper body and head.

pretty good, almost as good as mine now.

yeah almost. :)

• 1 month later...

Alright alright Iacas, i won't start a new thread :)

Driver swing I've been working on for quite a while.
Ive been very happy with my irons and short game but my driver always left desiring just a bit more. I've been working on keeping my head still and less swaying, also had a slight bit of chicken wing that I've been working on getting rid of.

Swing speed was clocked in at 118-120 this past week on launch monitor. Looking at switching shaft out to X-Stiff. Distance isn't certain but according to the range I was at, I'm hitting over the fence which is 240 yards...might not be too accurate but I think I'm somewhere around 280. Recently tee'd off on a 330 yard par 4 and slammed a driver right onto the green. Certainly not the average but sure is nice to hit one of those once in awhile.

Slomo:

I'm new to the forum, so I can't see the progression of your swing (the old videos were removed). I just have two things to say.

1.)Your swing is really good, I notice that like myself, your stance is open and your shoulder turn could improve. Your hands are also forward pressed (somewhat extreme). The rest is really good, and yeah, I know, it's easy to point out the flaws and just say 'the rest is good' so I'll mention that you bring your hands down and get really impressive lag. Your hands are way ahead of the ball, similar to what a long drive champ would pull off. Serious tip of the cap there.

2.) Wtf is going on with the shaft here (seriously, pause it on your downswing)? Even in the frame previous it's inverted, I'm guessing that shaft might not be good for overall consistency. It happens in both videos.

Titleist 983k
Callaway X-tour 15*
Cleveland TA3 Gunmetal irons (covered in lead tape)
Cleveland Wedges
Ping Craz-e putterProV1*

2.) Wtf is going on with the shaft here (seriously, pause it on your downswing)? Even in the frame previous it's inverted, I'm guessing that shaft might not be good for overall consistency.

It's just an illusion. The way the camera records the image, the shaft

appears to bend.

Huh, that's pretty crazy. Any idea why it only happens sometimes? I've never seen that before in my life.

Titleist 983k
Callaway X-tour 15*
Cleveland Wedges
Ping Craz-e putterProV1*

Huh, that's pretty crazy. Any idea why it only happens sometimes? I've never seen that before in my life.

Progressive scan cameras read an image from top left to bottom right, in lines. Certain cameras, mostly cell phone cameras not designed for high resolution or high quality video, read the image more slowly, and the pixels at the bottom are recorded appreciably later in time than the ones on the top. Turn the cell phone camera upside down, and the shaft will appear to bend the other way.

I'm new to the forum, so I can't see the progression of your swing (the old videos were removed). I just have two things to say.

thanks Sucka27. Appreciate your comments.

Its interesting that you mentioned my shoulder turn. Its one thing that always bothers me anytime I tape myself. My shoulder turn is never complete. If you look at the top of my backswing, a couple more inches of shoulder turn would complete that back swing. I guess lack of flexibility is catching up to me. As for the lag, thanks! That is very good to hear. I think my distance has definitly improved quite a bit recently with me re-working my swing quite a bit. PS. That video tape was taken at Harbour Pointe in Mukilteo :] Only grass range near Seattle... I hear Willows Run(?) has a grass range as well?

No, Willows does not, it's all mats. But travel down redmond/woodinville road a mile or two and there's a place called Gold Creek, it's kind of a ghetto health club that has a grass range (kind of cow field-ish). The plus is there's no booths, you can get a tan, and you get a huge topped off bucket for $6.

Titleist 983k
Callaway X-tour 15*
Cleveland Wedges
Ping Craz-e putterProV1*

• 2 months later...

wellp, back at square 1 with my driver. drivings been a bit erratic lately so recorded my swing. quite a bit of swaying on back swing and shoulder turn has flattened out quite a bit. I've been working on steepening my shoulder turn a bit but looks like i need some work!

that swing is visually more pleasing that the last one in this thread...you got a heck of a swing with lots of clubhead swing...I need to start swinging harder haha...I used to swing much harder than i currently do but I'm trying the 80% with control need to get this muscle memory down and then bring back the powaaaaah!
sunmountain.gifC-130 Bag
taylormade.gifSuperfast TP 8.5 Fubuki 73x Stiff 45"
ping.gifG15 4W 17.0 X-Stiff ping.gifS-56 3-PW Project X 6.5 ping.gifTour S 52, 56, 60 S300
cameron.gifStudio Select Newport 2.0 34"
bushnell.gifTour V2

that swing is visually more pleasing that the last one in this thread...you got a heck of a swing with lots of clubhead swing...I need to start swinging harder haha...I used to swing much harder than i currently do but I'm trying the 80% with control need to get this muscle memory down and then bring back the powaaaaah!

thanks. definitely got my shoulder turn a bit better but in turn, its gotten flatter which is causing my head to nudge up a bit. as for clubhaed swing, gracias. last time i got clocked was 118 average. something i've been working on is my tempo and this last video definitely has a much better tempo than last video.

now i just gotta work on that head movement and slight upper body swaying.

at setup your hands are quite far forward. this may rob you of lag, proper wrist hinge and power as you approach the ball. there's zero backward angle in your torso at the top of your backswing in comparison to your bottom half (watch any scratch golfer or tour professional and you'll witness a rear leaning torso, with that angle maintained thru the shot). here is a video of ben crane showing the drastic difference in a tour pro (crane) and an amateur (e.g. golfro). here's another video (jamie sadlowski) which clearly shows a dramatic difference in the rearward lean of the torso in comparison to the lower half.

as result of no rear lean you are loading in a neutral "no power" position, over the middle of your body/ your back is straight ( you should load over your right leg [feel like you are turning your left shoulder behind your rear knee] for maximum power). your ball position is forward which may lead to sporatic cuts (if you stay back) or pulls (if you move too far laterally forward).

you move back on takeaway which will do nothing for you but cause erratic curvature/trajectory. the only thing moving back on takeaway actually does is create the mental sensation that your body loads on the rear side (read above about the torso lean).

your forward foot is open but your rear foot is not opened nearly as much. when you open your forward foot by as much as you have (30 degrees or more), this opens your forward hip to the target line which will cause you to come quickly through the ball and create the situation where pulls/hooks can more easily show up. to counter balance this either a) open the rear foot by as much or nearly as much, or b) close your forward foot so it is just a smidgen opened.

lastly, IMO, to gain consistency with a MUCH straighter ball flight, 1) narrow your stance considerably 2) feel like you are angling your feet inward (like being pigeon toed) 3) lean your torso back from your hips (left hip should be higher than right) by as much as 15 degrees (your torso should lean back by as much as 15 degrees) 4) move the ball back so at setup it is one ball in fron tof your left eye 5) get the hands setup in the middle of your stance - look at rocco .

these five things, years of practice and actually playing golf instead of going to the range with a video camera with the sole purpose of trolling around websites asking people for advice about your golf swing may cause you to stay centered, get through the ball with maximum power/stability and straighten your ball flight. why? so you can hope to go up against more accomplished golfers.

SLDR 8.5°, Fujikura Speeder 6.2 VC X SLDR 15°, Black Tie 8M3 X SLDR 17°, Black Tie HM3 95X Tour Preferred MC 4 - PW (DG Pro X100) Tour Preferred 52, 56, 50 (DG Pro X100) Daytona 62 Lethal

Note: This thread is 4958 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!