IGNORED

Tiger Woods vs Phil Mickelson; Who's Better?

Uncle Peter
Note: This thread is 5112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Tiger Woods vs Phil Mickelson: Who's Better?

• Phil Mickelson
    • Tiger Woods

tiger played in 19 tour events last season. he won 33% of the events he entered. he finished out of the top ten 4 times. tiger came in 4th place, with a horrible swing, in his first tournament back from 6 months of no competition after having only practiced for two weeks. are you serious, dude?

Reality doesn't sit well with Tiger haters. You can love or hate the man all you want, but you can't deny his numbers.

• Administrator
tiger played in 19 tour events last season. he won 33% of the events he entered. he finished out of the top ten 4 times. tiger came in 4th place, with a horrible swing, in his first tournament back from 6 months of no competition after having only practiced for two weeks. are you serious, dude?

FWIW: He played in 17.

http://www.pgatour.com/players/00/87/93/ If you're counting other events he won more than 6 (his Australian tournament, but he lost to Phil in China).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

lets go lefty ;)

In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11 10.5 UST Shaft
3 woods:R11   - 3 & 4 Hybrids: FTi-Z
5i-pw: Diablo Edge SW, GW & LW: CG16  

Putter: Scotty C  -  GPS: Bushnell  -  Balls: PRO-V1

My opinions: Tiger is a better putter and has better course management/strategy, short games are equal (and both are unreal), and Phil has the slightly better full swing (with all clubs). Overall, Tiger is better because his superior putting and course management/strategy translate to really efficient scoring.
Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

I root for everyone except for Tiger, always have and always will, but there's no denying that when he's playing, he's the best on the course. His numbers show that.

Phil is a better person, very personable and appreciates the fans.
Tiger is self centered, and cares about noone but Tiger.

So Tiger may always be the better golfer, but Phil will always be the better person. I would bet that a lot of the Tiger fans went to an event, and saw the difference in the way Phil and Tiger interact with the fans, they would leave with a sour taste in their mouth about Tiger. I sure did a few years back.

I think it was said correctly on the Golf Channel: For years, we've been saying Phil needs to be more like Tiger, but now thoughts have changed, and maybe Tiger should be more like Phil.

Pretty thoughtless post. I guess Phil has not went through anything. Oh wait a minute, both his mom and wife were diagnosed with breast cancer. Give me a break.

While it's ok to compare, it's not ok to say that my post was thoughtless. Yes, phil's family siutaiton is VERY tough and I am 100% against what tiger did. However, tigers "issues" are far more lingering ...papprazzi, planes flying over during tournaments with bashful words, every single entertainment channel and company documenting his entire move, constant rumors everyday, his own realization that he pretty much has ruined his life, his tiger woods empire threatened to be cut in half by his wife.... My point is, tigers problems aren't one singular thing. They are a multitude of severe problems that even him, the great tiger woods is realizing he cannot easily handle. He is a broken man from multiple blows and there is NO denying that it has affected his game tremendously. In some ways, i think this all started from the death of his father. We can debate this forever, but DONT tell me i'm thoughtless. At the end of the day, the question is who's better. And between two careers from start to now, it's tiger woods regardless of what immoral crap he's done.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Phil is a much better player to watch and is a better role model he ha the best imagination ever. who would even think of hitting the ball backwards

While it's ok to compare, it's not ok to say that my post was thoughtless. Yes, phil's family siutaiton is VERY tough and I am 100% against what tiger did. However, tigers "issues" are far more lingering ...papprazzi, planes flying over during tournaments with bashful words, every single entertainment channel and company documenting his entire move, constant rumors everyday, his own realization that he pretty much has ruined his life, his tiger woods empire threatened to be cut in half by his wife.... My point is, tigers problems aren't one singular thing. They are a multitude of severe problems that even him, the great tiger woods is realizing he cannot easily handle. He is a broken man from multiple blows and there is NO denying that it has affected his game tremendously. In some ways, i think this all started from the death of his father. We can debate this forever, but DONT tell me i'm thoughtless. At the end of the day, the question is who's better. And between two careers from start to now, it's tiger woods regardless of what immoral crap he's done.

You first implied I was thoughtless by thinking I had somehow forgot to take Tiger's problems into consideration. I just see it differently. Nothing in this world will ever effect me greater that the possibility of someone I love having a life-threatening disease. I believe Phil has had to overcome more than Tiger. Anyway, next week when Phil wins the Players and he is the new 1 we can re-hash this thread.

I dont think this thread has much to do with golf...it seems like more of a manlove competition...
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

tiger has made golf so much more popular than it is use to be worldwide. He is alot more important to the golf than phil ever will be. Tiger is better, not even close. Ask someone who doesnt know anything about golf who phil mickelson is, they will probabaly say "who?" , now ask them who tiger woods is "oh that golfer, that is the michael jordon of the game"

Too many people are looking back 10 years with the stats, and frankly the poll should have been "Who's better head to head right now...PM or TW? So ask yourself this question: "If you had to place a $5k bet on one or the other tomorrow, who is your money on?"

If you say Tiger, you'd be donating your money...

Bag Diablo Stand Bag
Driver 10* Draw Diablo
Woods Diablo Edge 3-7
Irons Diablo Edge 5-PW
Wedges X-ForgedPutter Anser 4

Too many people are looking back 10 years with the stats, and frankly the poll should have been "Who's better head to head right now...PM or TW? So ask yourself this question: "If you had to place a $5k bet on one or the other tomorrow, who is your money on?"

tiger will get back to his old form.

He's just going through a rough patch right now

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Note: This thread is 5112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!