IGNORED

Anyone else carry a throwing club?

Note: This thread is 5127 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

To the OP - I'm just trying to visualize how this looks.... You roast a drive into the left trees and then you get pissed. So storm over to your bag, put the headcover on your driver and slide your driver into the bag, then reach for your "throwing club" and proceed to throw it down the fairway?

Throwing clubs makes a guy look like an idiot. But watching this, I think I'd die laughing.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

I always carry an old club that I'll never use other than as a throwing club. Whenever I feel the need to let the steel fly, I go to my bag and pull this club out. I'll usually give it a good huck between green and tee box but if the occasion requires, I'll use it in the fairway. This method not only relieves stress but has saved me hundreds in broken and bent shafts. Once the other clubs in my bag see the fate that could befall them, they straighten up - figuratively and literally.

I would consider that bad karma.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Maybe it'd be a good way to keep from throwing them. By the time you get over and pull the throwing club out, you'd have a chance to realize what a fool you'd look like and cool off a bit.

I don't throw clubs any more. Broke a 3W tossing it back to the bag and have been more careful after that. That one wasn't even an "angry" throw. I was angry at the time, but just gave it a toss before I went to pick up the pop-up drive I'd just hit and the shaft hit dead center on the leg of the stand bag and snapped. Now I'll occasionally drop the club at the end of my follow through or pound the ground a bit (while holding the club straight up and down, not whacking axe-style; if you saw it from across the green it probably wouldn't be obvious I was venting). I'm trying to ditch the club dropping, it's a bad habit I picked up at the range for some reason.

I keep the 6I I got from the Burner giveaway in my bag. Mostly just because I don't have 14 clubs so why not? I figure if I wind up with a lie where I'm likely to damage the club, I will use that as a sacrifice club. If I feel like I am actually at risk of throwing a club in anger these days, I just head for the parking lot. It's not healthy or fair to those around you to be on the course when you're that frustrated.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I've gotten into the habit lately of slamming my club into the ground....after a bad shot.....I need to stop doing that although it is difficult because it is the only thing around that I can abuse

There are actually other things.

For example: Chris Brown had Rihanna. What I do is quietly cuss out myself, the ball, the club, the hole, the weather, the people playing with me, the cart girl, not warming up beforehand, the grass, green condition, wind, or the spikes on my shoes being a little askew. Usually does the trick. Just remember to be quiet .

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I never throw my clubs, they cost too much haha. Besides, I golfed with my roommate a couple of times and he slammed his putter into his bag after a snowman, broke his putter and bent one of the irons in the bag. Not only does it look childish, but it makes everyone else pretty uncomfortable.

I don't throw clubs, but I think this idea has potential. I think I'm going to put a stuffed monkey in my bag and whenever I hit a bad shot I'm going to pull him out and give him a good old fashion butt whoopin right there on the spot. That should relieve some stress.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Lmao,what a stupid thing to do,as if we havent enough to carry around,talk about throwing your rattle out of the pram,maybe you should take up boxing or something,golf is meant to be a gentlemens game...

In my Sport II cart bag or my R9 stand bag
Irons-Tour burner R/5-Sw,60 lob wedge z groove
Driver-R9 Supertri R/10.5
09 Hybrid #3 R/19
09 Hybrid #4 R/22Putter-Method 001,Length : 34 Ball-Those round white ones...

I haven't thrown a club since an event I witnessed in college. On a parallel hole, a couple of guys were playing and one hit his wedge a little poorly. He didn't look that mad, but kind of half heartedly flung the wedge back toward his cart-without looking. The wedge hit his buddy squarely in the forehead with a clunk and he fell to his knees with blood oozing through his hands. Fortunately, they were riding and jumped in the cart and took off.

When ever I even remotely have a club throwing thought, that memory reappears and my intentions are immediately suppressed.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Lmao,what a stupid thing to do,as if we havent enough to carry around,talk about throwing your rattle out of the pram,maybe you should take up boxing or something,golf is meant to be a gentlemens game...

There's no need to get mad about messing up on something. Remember, If you screw up on a putt or something like that, then it's a great reason to practice on the thing that you screwed up. Practising on this, Practising on that; this, in turn, will make your overall game better.

I have thrown one club in my short golf career. I tossed my driver into the trees after about my 12th hook of the day. After I went and picked it up, I was embarassed that I had let my anger overcome me, and I've never done more than ask myself why I hit that since then.

I realized that day that it's a game. I don't get paid to play, and I'm supposed to be having fun and relaxing with my friends on the course. My emotional outburst effected the entire group after that, and it just wasn't as good of a day, even around my best friends in the world. I apologized to the group, and have never done anything remotely like that again.

Perhaps a stress ball? It would probably be better, and you would not look weird.

I guess sarcasm is hard to get across via the internet, but, uhhhhh...this was a joke, you know, humor...a little levity. Of course I don't carry an extra club just to huck whenever I get mad. That would be ridiculous. I just thought since there is a club for just about everything now-a-days, a club made specifically for throwing would be kind of funny.

Now that we've got that cleared up, what do you guys think about a tee repair service?

Whoever came up with the saying, "A bad day of golf is better than a good day at work", is a moron.

I like the monkey idea...I think it has real merit...........and would be extremely funny to watch, someone beating the crap out of a stuffed monkey in the middle of the fairway...I actually laughed out loud when I read that.

I don't throw clubs nor do I play with anyone that does. I may play once with a club thrower, but never a second time. We had a thrower in our golf league and after everyone complaining all the time, he was not allowed in the mens league this year and he was given notice by the club owner that he needed to either stop it or find a new place to play. I tried to do my part by suggesting several area courses as options for him to go play.

We ejected a guy from our group cause he would get mad and throw clubs. That snap off by Tiger where he flipped the club and it went into the gallery was real attractive wasn't it. Not something I want to be around.

:cobra: Amp Driver 10.5*(R)
:tmade: Burner 3W 15*(R)
:tmade: Burner 2.0 Rescue 3-4
:titleist: 714 AP1 Irons 5-pw, gw(Steel XP95 R300)
:callaway: MD3 Wedges 56, 60
:nickent:Omen Long Putter(un-anchored)

There's no need to get mad about messing up on something. Remember, If you screw up on a putt or something like that, then it's a great reason to practice on the thing that you screwed up. Practising on this, Practising on that; this, in turn, will make your overall game better.

Not exactly sure why your quoting me..lol..

In my Sport II cart bag or my R9 stand bag
Irons-Tour burner R/5-Sw,60 lob wedge z groove
Driver-R9 Supertri R/10.5
09 Hybrid #3 R/19
09 Hybrid #4 R/22Putter-Method 001,Length : 34 Ball-Those round white ones...

Note: This thread is 5127 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!