IGNORED

My Swing (kennay92)

kennay92
Note: This thread is 4835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

critique at will.

sorry for the sunglare.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I kept waiting for your backswing to stop....but it didnt lol. Im not saying thats bad, but man you are flexible.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I kept waiting for your backswing to stop....but it didnt lol. Im not saying thats bad, but man you are flexible.

ha thanks i suppose. i guess thats a compliment.. some people say i need to shorten it, some people say use it since you have it.

• Administrator
ha thanks i suppose. i guess thats a compliment.. some people say i need to shorten it, some people say use it since you have it.

You should shorten it.

You should also really, really work on this:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

You should shorten it.

i guess i dont exactly see what your pointing out? my shoulders to open at impact??

edit** oh wait, shaft leaning forward. gotcha.. reccomendations on how to work on it?

Hands at impact. Looks like your kinda scooping?

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

• Administrator
edit** oh wait, shaft leaning forward. gotcha.. reccomendations on how to work on it?

Good, you spotted it, yes.

Straighter right arm on the backswing. Then look up the big thread on pushing the hips forward or sliding them.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Good, you spotted it, yes.

so i need to push my hips/slide them more or less?? i'll check out the thread, none the less.

and i know your an instructor/pro. So on a scale 1-10, 10 best, what would you rate my swing at for playing 10 months? and also, i was able to stop the first part at 12 seconds and see how much i release my lag INCREDIBLY early in my swing, could that also be part of it?

• Administrator
so i need to push my hips/slide them more or less?? i'll check out the thread, none the less.

MUCH more. You flip because you have to or you'll end up burying the clubhead in the ground behind the ball.

and i know your an instructor/pro. So on a scale 1-10, 10 best, what would you rate my swing at for playing 10 months?

I prefer not to do that kind of thing. Some people progress quickly, some don't. Some have natural talents but a hideous swing, others have a good swing but can't control some small piece or something and hit the ball everywhere.

Your swing can improve, though. Nobody in the world is a 10.
and also, i was able to stop the first part at 12 seconds and see how much i release my lag INCREDIBLY early in my swing, could that also be part of it?

See the above part where I talk about how you HAVE to.

You could practice the drill I've posted lately. Pre-set your impact position with the hips pushed forward a good bit, then brake the club shortly after impact with straight arms. The clubface will still be pointing towards the sky a bit, too, not to the left.

MUCH more. You flip because you have to or you'll end up burying the clubhead in the ground behind the ball.

everytime i feel like im really pushing my hips through though, i hit slices.

• Administrator
everytime i feel like im really pushing my hips through though, i hit slices.

Okay, then don't even try. Just give up instead.

(I don't know what you want me to say... try the drill. You should be able to hit a draw pretty easily, and your impact position should look good). For example: http://thesandtrap.com/forum/entries...Lesson-with-SG

Okay, then don't even try. Just give up instead.

i waas just seeing if you knew any reason as to why.. im just took a knew video trying to do what you said and seeing if i could get my hands in front of the ball at impact. its uploading now, we'll see.

you see any change at all?? ha, i couldnt really, but i couldnt get it stopped in the right spots.. although on the second swing it appeared i shortened my back swing a little (OH AND DISREGARD THE 4TH SWING, the ball moved when i was taking the club back but just kept swinging anyways...and well, you can see the rest)

Critque people, critque!

Critque people, critque!

Critique what - camera angle, ball position, hand position, alignment, footwear?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Critique what - camera angle, ball position, hand position, alignment, footwear?

yes, critque my footwear please.... the damn swing.

i like to hear anybodys input of what they think i could work on.

you see any change at all?? ha, i couldnt really, but i couldnt get it stopped in the right spots.. although on the second swing it appeared i shortened my back swing a little

Here, I think I can help translate golf > English for you a bit.

First, though, you need to learn to get proper videos. You need to record face on shots by placing the camera in line with your sternum, directly in front of you. For down the line shots, you want the camera placed directly behind you, halfway between the target line and your foot line. That will help us. What we're talking about is where the club "releases" or crosses the hands. Ideally, the club won't cross the hands until the ball is long gone, and your wrists won't turn over until then either. Good players form a perfect "Y" with their arms and the club at the point when both arms are fully extended. This should occur well after the strike. This is called followthrough. When you turn the club over late in the swing, you get the proper downward blow, which gives you power and spin. You want to hold that lag as long as you can. I'll show you a shot from your swing and mine to compare. Look at the difference in angle. That's what's wrong. You need to learn to turn the club over late in the swing, and the club shouldn't cross the hands until well after impact. I flip the club earlier than most, and though I'm working it out, it's still good enough to generate tremendous power with minimal effort. The acceleration generated by the late release is truly amazing.

Here, I think I can help translate golf > English for you a bit.

i know everything you just said, me and erik just had a conversation about it... thanks though?

Note: This thread is 4835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!