IGNORED

Giga Golf anyone?

Note: This thread is 4686 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Their gear looks pretty legit.

No thanks.

http://golfclonereview.com/review/ti...e-Insert-Irons

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand what you're getting at...

Regardless of how many people are using them,

my opinion is still to take a pass on clones. I have regular playing partners who use clones - it's their bag and their business. I was just responding to jldavis73's thread title.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I thought the term clone meant "knockoff", basically that they're trying to pass it off as a real Ping or Callaway or whatever. I dont' think GG does that.

Close enough.

I would say no to them being clones...

-- I may get a custom wedge set since im tall and try them out for the price... can always give em away if i dont like

they make custom clubs that appeal to the eyes. Not all their clubs are models that look like others and the use name brand shafts and grips with their clubs... not many clones have tru temper shafts with golf pride grips...

they are just a young company trying to compete. Clones would be the walmart brands that make their generic shafts, grips and heads to model after a burner set or callaway set.
...Practice Can Never Make Perfect... Practice Makes Improvement...
 bettinardi.gif
taylormade.gifadidas.gif

they are just a young company trying to compete.

Totally OT, but what a silly 1990's-esque dot-com sounding name for a golf equipment manufacturer.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

this awesome debate again.

i'll take a pass on clones any day. my personal preference.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

That's probably where to leave it - they're clones (hence being reviewed on a website called "golfclonereview.com"), but nobody's forcing us to put them in the bag, so, meh.

That's probably where to leave it - they're clones (hence being reviewed on a website called "golfclonereview.com"), but nobody's forcing us to put them in the bag, so, meh.

yeah...i jsut don't know why it irks me every time they're mentioned lol. I just feel like it cheapens things up... its like driving a honda civic and putting a BMW tag on it.

It is only a debate because someone chose to claim they were "ripping off" another. Interesting how "golf clones" seem to be a big deal but when PC clones first arrived in the 80's it was just the little guy competing against "Big Blue"

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

Totally OT, but what a silly 1990's-esque dot-com sounding name for a golf equipment manufacturer.

Yeah. It's one of the turnoffs and probably a reason I haven't ordered anything from them. I don't like looking at the hosel and seeing "Gigagolf" there. It looks goofy.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

question for someone with there wedges...

Do they meet the new groove standards that will be effective soon if not already ?

I want to buy some new wedges and may go through them if they meet standards.
...Practice Can Never Make Perfect... Practice Makes Improvement...
 bettinardi.gif
taylormade.gifadidas.gif

its like driving a honda civic and putting a BMW tag on it.

That's weird since my irons have nothing but GigaGolf on them, I wasn't aware they claimed to be any other manufacterer but whatever.

Also OT but I wonder what sells more, a Honda Civic or a BMW anything?

That's weird since my irons have nothing but GigaGolf on them, I wasn't aware they claimed to be any other manufacterer but whatever.

A quick glance at the first page of irons makes it clear they are selling clones. They are designed to look just like Callaway, TaylorMade, and PING irons. Not saying they are bad clubs-I played a "component" set for 9 years, that was clearly a Callaway clone. It's disingenuous to say that because they don't actually spell out the word "PING" or "Callaway" they are not cloning those clubs. It's patently obvious.

yeah...i jsut don't know why it irks me every time they're mentioned lol. I just feel like it cheapens things up... its like driving a honda civic and putting a BMW tag on it.

Maybe you need therapy. Perhaps if you bought 1 and tried it, you would be able to sleep better at night.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Maybe you need therapy. Perhaps if you bought 1 and tried it, you would be able to sleep better at night.

yeah Perhaps but I think i'm fairing pretty well with my game and definitely not losing my sleep. thanks for the concern though.

I've never really said anything on the other "clone debate" threads, so I'll just throw my opinions out on this one.

To me there is nothing wrong with clones. However, everything is wrong with counterfeits.

Pinemeadow and GigaGolf are not trying to fool you into thinking that the clubs they are selling are actually Ping, Callaway, Taylormade, etc. It is VERY clear that they are not - i.e. the clones definitely resemble the brand name clubs, and it is often very easy to tell which exact club they are modeled after, but they put their own company name on the club and their own model names on the clubs. Heck, Pinemeadow even tells you to compare the features and performance of the ZR1 line to the G10 line ( http://www.pinemeadowgolf.com/golf-c...s/zr1.irons.v2 ), or the Command BK Irons to the TM R7 ( http://www.pinemeadowgolf.com/golf-c...ons/command.bk ), and every other club they sell that is a clone of a brand name club. They aren't trying to fool anyone into thinking that their clubs are ACTUALLY a brand name club like the websites from the Chinese counterfitters that are selling a brand new, 8-iron set of G15s for $390 ( http://www.easybuygolf.com/Ping-G15-Irons-Set_199.html ).

In that respect, I would analogize that clubs from GigaGolf and Pinemeadow are like generic drugs in many ways. Walmart isn't trying to trick you into thinking that the Equate Ibuprofen is ACTUALLY Advil. They are simply telling you to compare the active ingredient(s) in Equate Ibuprofen to the active ingredient(s) in Advil, and then it is up to you to decide whether you want to pay $8 for 50 tablets of Advil or $5 for 100 tablets of Equate Ibuprofen.

I don't see how anyone that is in any way coherent could believe that clubs from GigaGolf or Pinemeadow are actually clubs from the brand names. And as long as people go in knowing that they aren't going to get any trade-in value and very little, if any, resale value on clones, then I don't see the harm with clones. Yes, I realize that in many cases you can put together a set of quality, used OEM clubs, for less than $500 (and sometimes even less than that). However, I don't see how that is relevant if someone would rather just buy clones.

And if clones allow people to get involved in the sport to see if they like it, and offers a way to expose more people to the game, for a relatively small cash outlay then I fail to see how that is bad in the long run.

My $0.02.

In my X-Series Bag:

Driver G10 10.5*
Woods V-Steel 3W, 5W
Hybrids Pinemeadow ZR1 19* 3HIrons MX-19 4-GWWedge MP-R Black Nickel 54/10Putter Rossa Sebring AGSI+

Note: This thread is 4686 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!