IGNORED

Clones broke!!

Note: This thread is 4945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mizunos are forged in China since when?

Not very long as far as I can tell. They do some of the initial forging in Japan still, but the finishing, as well as their woods and cast irons, are done in China.

Hey everyone I found this thread very interesting and i can relate

I am a college student and i really want to reclub every club in the bag but and i could afford a new set of name brands which include taylormade adams titleist and odyssey and they are truly what i really want, but at nearly a value of $1700 it seems a little steep for me. I have the money but the way i look at it is that i can get a whole set of gigagolf clubs for $600 and then i will have some spare change and then i can actually play the game...I mean isnt that the point...to play the game and get better at the game, not what you are carrying around..also i can invest in some lessons...

Now one solution that many people offer here are to buy used clubs, Now me myself, do not like to buy used things..I like them new and shiny and also with a brand like gigagolf customization is..also when you buy used clubs its not like you can return them... with gigagolf i can buy one club maybe 2 or 3 irons all from different iron sets and for $25 bucks a club i can try them all and return the ones i don't like and then complete the set that i do like...you cant do that with used clubs or many major brands i feel...

trust me i am also a name brand guy and i love oakleys and i want to own a Lamborghini some day not a Lamborghini kit car... but golf is more about enjoying the game not the clubs you have in the bag and when i am hopefully making some bank in the future and have gotten to below a 5 handicap and am comfortable with my swing, i can wake up on a Sunday, grab my nice and shiny $2000 clubs put them in the no existent trunk of my Lamborghini and head to the country club...but until then, I will wake up on a sunday, probably hungover, grab my clones and hop on the bus for an hour journey to the executive golf course which cost $24 dollars for a round where i will loose balls and shoot bogey golf...and that sounds wonderful to me too because at least i am playing the game

What's in my Bag:

KZG Gemini 460 Driver 10.5* with a Stiff Flex Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Shaft
Burner 5 Wood with a Regular Flex Bubble Shaft
DCI 990's 4-PW with Regular Flex ShaftsNo Wedges TDP 2.2 Putter NXT Tour Ball

Seems like we have a few moralists in here. Some of you don't understand it's business, there is no morality in business. There are a lot of things you don't know about business ethics be it in golf or otherwise. A company that copies a mold and tries to market them as equal to the real club looks like Jesus compared to some other industry practices. Do you get angry enough to have an e-debate every time you walk into the grocery store and see Dr. Thunder placed next to the Dr. Pepper but at half the price? Ultimately it's up to the consumer to do the research and decide if the money saved is worth the differences (if any) in quality. Judging by my clubs I'm obviously a person that pays more for the brand name and the added quality whatever percentage it may be. I do know that a lot of the brand names are all marketing and are really making an inferior product. Bose and Grey Goose are good examples of that, the marketing team at those companies are top notch. You can't fault the company for trying to get their share of the pie, they wouldn't be in business if customers weren't buying the product. Trying to be a moralist on an internet forum isn't getting you anywhere in the real world either.

Excellent post!

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Hey everyone I found this thread very interesting and i can relate

'Nother excellent post!

-Landon

Just updating those that participated in this thread. I purchased my G10s yesterday! I must admit, the ball is flying a lot higher and straighter than my previous clubs. Got a set of 5-W for $250, good deal.

LIVING A DREAM
BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY #56

Not very long as far as I can tell. They do some of the initial forging in Japan still, but the finishing, as well as their woods and cast irons, are done in China.

That's probably why people are often complaining about Mizuno QC problems with the MX series (lofts, lies, swingweights). That was something you never heard of in the 1990s. Kind of sad.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I'd have to have a 4 iron so it'd cost me more, but that's a good price, where you pick 'em up? I just last night bought a NEW set of the old G2's for a hell of a deal.

-Landon

I'd have to have a 4 iron so it'd cost me more, but that's a good price, where you pick 'em up? I just last night bought a NEW set of the old G2's for a hell of a deal.

I pick them up last night. I still use my old 3 & 4 hybrids. I had a 4 in the past, but liked the hybrids better for those irons.

LIVING A DREAM

Just updating those that participated in this thread. I purchased my G10s yesterday! I must admit, the ball is flying a lot higher and straighter than my previous clubs. Got a set of 5-W for $250, good deal.

Does that mean that all the hatred some of us showed towards your P10Gs has been vindicated?

I guess that's case closed then.

Hallejulah! Another one converted from the dark side
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

Depends on who and what you buy them from. Some COMPONENT club makers, not clones, make just as high quality stuff as the leading mass produced OEM manufacterers. And they use better shafts as well...

1st thread in 9 pages that makes any sense. I have been refurbishing OEM clubs, and assembling custom clubs for years. The heads from most custom club foundries are just as good as a OEM. I have seen OEM irons that were way off the charts as far as quality control in weight, loft and lie. I have seen Titleist's, Mizuno's, Top Flites, Wilsons, with enough lead in the shaft to make sinkers for deep sea fishing. Ping and Callaway are usually pretty close when it comes to the head weight consistancy. Alot of OEM companies borderline copying other companies themselves. Cleveland Golf got their start as a knock-off supplier. Hogan had a problem with the Radial irons.

Does that mean that all the hatred some of us showed towards your P10Gs has been vindicated?

Found a deal man... had to grab it! Gotta admit though... the ball does feel better off of the club face. Now... do me a favor and go to my new post and help me straighten this swing out, lol. http://thesandtrap.com/forum/threads...Swing-(Jtjohns )

LIVING A DREAM

• 4 months later...
I missed that the ferrule was from the

I see what you did here.....This thread is a classic. I own a set of "tiger "I"" ping imitations circa 1986. Although I bought them at a pro shop they probably are not much better than the "PONG"s now days. I was 15 when I got them and believed that they were better than the Northwestern clubs I owned and they probably were, it was as close getting my dream pings as I could get. I know better now but hey these guys wouldn't be in business if it was not guys like this guy and my dad.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!