IGNORED

Callaway X-24

Note: This thread is 4634 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The X-20 Tour look pretty good, and they're the first without the S2H2 hosel... never was a big fan of that.

X20 Tours have a somewhat lower Vertical Center of Gravity than the X22 Tours, and are a bit more forgiving. That said, a stronger swinger might like the X22 Tours better as somewhat easier to keep the ball low when wanted. On both of them I could tell on impact if I had a poor, OK or excellent shot. But, I opted for basic X20s as a safer bet at the time I switched (and, I got a slightly used set for $400).

As far as the Uniflex shaft, here's my opinion: Uniflex is an OK shaft for probably about half of male golfers, but is the ideal shaft for very few golfers . Clubfitter where I got the X20s suggested I might want to reshaft to DG R300 SL (superlights).

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I own a complete set of X-22's and LOVE them. I cannot imagine switching them out for anything.

As an aside, I really LOVE my 3 iron and contacted Callaway to see if I could get a 2 iron as well but they do not make them for the X-22's. The fact that they dumped the 3 iron in the X-24's kills any interest for me in this set in addition to my general satisfaction with my current set.

My wife plays Diablo Irons and really likes them - but they are ladies irons so I suppose they are a different animal all together...

If these are anything like the X-22, I'm glad I went with the Diablo forged. I tried both out and could not get past the thick look of the X-22. They looked thicker than my Wilson Deep Red irons. Looks like all they really did was change the color?

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

just my opinion but if you are going to get game improvement irons, stick with the ping line, like the ping g15 irons. They make some of the best cast irons.

I guess the Ping irons fit some folks, but those things have less feel and forgiveness than any other GI iron I've seen. I may be in the minority, but I really hate the newer Ping irons. If I have someone asking for my input on GI irons, I steer them to the Callaway X-series first and any of the TM r7 cavity back sets second.

What's in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag:

Driver - Taylormade Superfast 2.0 TP 10.5
3 Wood - Taylormade Burner 15* REAX
Hybrid - Adams Idea Pro 18* GD YSQ-HL

Irons - Callaway X-18 4-PW

GW - Cleveland 588 51*

SW - Cleveland CG 12 56*

LW - Cleveland CG15 60*

Putter - Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

Bushnell Medalist rangefinder

Local callaway rep yesterday said they would be "limited edition". He didn't seem too happy with even having them in his posession.

In my bag:

Nike SQ DYMO 10.5
Big Bertha 3 Wood
Big Bertha 3-10 IADAMS Tom Watson Classic 54,58 and 64 Wedges Nike Oz 5 Putter/Wilson Staff ( not sure model, bought it in second hand store ) Ball: Bridgestone E6

Local callaway rep yesterday said they would be "limited edition". He didn't seem too happy with even having them in his posession.

Any indication if Callaway is discontinuing the X-family of irons?

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Any indication if Callaway is discontinuing the X-family of irons?

No way - they've got 38 more versions before they hit the X-100. Can't wait.

The X-Protos look good

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

i think the orange and dark finish look terrible together. A blue or red and dark finish would look great.
What's in my Bag:
Driver-TaylorMade 09 burner 10.5* | 3 wood-TaylorMade 09 burner | 3 hybrid-TaylorMade Rescue 09 | 4-GW-Titliest AP1 710s | 54.08 wedge-Titliest Vokey spin milled | 60.04 wedge-Titliest Vokey spin milled | Putter-Odyssey white hot #7 | Ball - whatever i find

I guess the Ping irons fit some folks, but those things have less feel and forgiveness than any other GI iron I've seen. I may be in the minority, but I really hate the newer Ping irons. If I have someone asking for my input on GI irons, I steer them to the Callaway X-series first and any of the TM r7 cavity back sets second.

I agree with this. The ping irons are just ugly

What's in my Bag:
Driver-TaylorMade 09 burner 10.5* | 3 wood-TaylorMade 09 burner | 3 hybrid-TaylorMade Rescue 09 | 4-GW-Titliest AP1 710s | 54.08 wedge-Titliest Vokey spin milled | 60.04 wedge-Titliest Vokey spin milled | Putter-Odyssey white hot #7 | Ball - whatever i find

Just hit them today. I think they hit slightly better than the X-20s. I would probably rate them right along with my X-18s as my favorite in the X-series in terms of feel, trajectory, and overall performance. Also, I think the uniflex shafts are slightly improved. I'm not sure if they're identical to all the other uniflex shafts Callaway has put out or not, but they felt good. Also, I thought they looked better than they do on the internet. But I've always been partial to the looks of all the X-series. I'm with tfauss, I think I'd like a blue or red with the dark a little better, but I don't think the orange looks as bad as some others have made it out to look. I may look into buying a set when I can get a used set for around $350, but I'm not dropping $700 on some irons unless I get some sort of 10 stroke per round difference guarantee, which obviously is never going to happen. Just my $.02

What's in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag:

Driver - Taylormade Superfast 2.0 TP 10.5
3 Wood - Taylormade Burner 15* REAX
Hybrid - Adams Idea Pro 18* GD YSQ-HL

Irons - Callaway X-18 4-PW

GW - Cleveland 588 51*

SW - Cleveland CG 12 56*

LW - Cleveland CG15 60*

Putter - Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

Bushnell Medalist rangefinder

• 1 year later...

I have a question of another type, what do you think - are those clubs good for an amateur ? Which from the X series are the best for the beginner? Or maybe i should take a look on other mark/model ?

Thanks for help :)

Note: This thread is 4634 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!