IGNORED

My Swing (Arsenal8807)

Arsenal8807
Note: This thread is 4265 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First of all, read this:

+1.

Can you do a face on angle? It looked like you made pretty good contact on that shot, I'd say your a long hitter? That left foot thing is good for power (I've tried it) but i find it hard to repeat it consistently, I think it's also causing your overswing.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Thanks guys.

I usually can hit fine if I limit the length of my swing and still get distance which is average 270yrds. I do feel myself coming around my body at times.. I will try to film it at a better angle and hopefully you can see what I'm doing a little better. Also, what are some things I can do to avoid the things you guys have stated?

Thanks again.

- VR Pro LTD - 9.5 Ahina X

- VR_S 3, 5 woods - Fubuki X

- VR Pro Combo - 3-Pw S300's
nike.gif - VR VRev Wedges - 52, 58 

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

Thanks guys.

It's pretty easy to visualize if you use alignment sticks like these when you practice:

When the shaft comes back parallel to the ground it should also be parallel with your alignment sticks. The only change I'd make is I'd put the sticks a bit closer together. I like them to be no more than 2 feet apart.

Driver: VRS 9.5 degrees

Fairway Wood: 13 degrees
Hybrid: A3 19 degrees

Irons: i20's  Yellow dot

Wedges: Vokey's 52, 56 & 60

Putter: 2 ball

Ball: Penta; ProV

• 3 months later...

Hey guys!

I am still working on getting my swing where I want it to be which is consistent day in and day out. A few things I have worked on since coming back into golf are:
1. Hanging on my back foot
2. Rising up
3. Shoulder turn and left arm straight

Here is a quick video of me hitting my 3 iron.

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

Anything will help lol.. Seriously though guys? Anything?

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

now I'm not an expert or anything but from the looks of it...
your stance looks a tad narrow, thus limiting your potential for more hip turn=more power.
also, when your up @ 0:13, look at your left knee. looks to me like its way over worked. my instructor usually tries to get my to keep it as quiet as possible, especially with woods and longer irons.
hope this helps, if you have any questions... im here

Driver: Nike SQ Dymo 10.5*
Woods: Nike SQ Dymo2 3 Wood, Nike SQ 3 Hybrid
Irons: Nike Slingshot 4D 4-AW
Wedges: Nike VR Forged 54/12,58/06
Putter: Nike Method 001

Ball: Nike 20XI-x

I think you're raising up because the ball is too far back in your stance, but if you move it forward you'll prob hook the crap out of it.

In the Cleveland bag:
Cleveland Launcher Comp 460 9.5°, Aldila NV 65g S
Cleveland Launcher Steel Fairway 15°, Fujikura Gold 65g R
Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 20.5°, Fujikura Fit-On Gold 65g S
Mizuno MP-60 3-PW, Royal Precision Rifle 6.0 S ...

lots of good things in your swing (I really like how well your right elbow stays connected to you torso)

Agree, ball needs to be further forward for a 3 iron (at least forward of center)
Work on getting your left hip further forward into impact. That way, you'll be able to extend your arms and legs more into impact and follow through, with your hands further forward into the impact zone.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Thought I would give you some help on your swing, even though you wouldnt message me back after you asked for pics, lol kidding

In this image look at your left hip at address. Your going to want to do some lateral hip movement starting on the downswing.

On this image you'l see you dont have any lateral hip movement forward. Your left hip is right where it was at address. When you start the downswing start pushing your hip straight forward or down the line. Should be a few inches well past the hip line at address when you are at impact. I also noticed you swaying back a little on the backswing and your left knee bending towards your right leg on back swing. Not sure if you want to clean this up by staying more centered but IMO it would help out your swing, esp with the lateral hip movement forward

I think I am going to try and stay centered on my take back and try to keep the lower body more still. That might be why I feel myself moving through the ball but not as good because im going back and forth instead of turning and leading with my left so I can get my weight on my left side.

Thanks so far guys

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

• 3 weeks later...

Here is an update on my swing DTL.

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

You've got a really nice swing.
Some things I see on the new video:

Clubhead goes in (behind you) a bit early and initially goes under a good backswing plane---see the "deep hands" thread and drills
But then you recover quickly by lifting the club back onto a good swing plane with really outstanding connected arms.

Arms stay well connected into the forward swing with your right elbow nicely against your torso. Could be seen better on a FO view, but I can see your not getting your left hip forward enough and compensate with a little flipping maneuver into impact.

The big picture: you've got a great backswing and initial forward swing. Continue working on getting your left hip forward and extending more into impact.

see in the picture below how far forward and up the left hip is and how far forward the hands are at impact

and how straight the arms are into release and followthrough

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Thanks uttexas!

I will more than likely go to the range in a bit and work on getting my hips forward more..

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a video of my recent progress..

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

Getting better. It's going to take some time. You have to really push off with your right instep and push down on the ground with your left leg. It will feel like a lot of effort in the legs. Try thinking push off earlier, quicker, with more force....you might feel as though you are pushing forward and standing up into impact. As you get your hips further forward, it'll make it easier to extend your arms more into impact and release.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

its getting better, sometimes a slight pause at the top of your backswing can help with getting your hips moving first. if u go to youtube and watch pros on the swing vision, they all pause at the top, and move there hips first before anything else. if u can get your hips moving then u will have more room threw the hitting area.

one exercise i do when warming up to get my hips envolved is to swing the club like a baseball bat, making sure i start the swing with the hips, then swing the club lower towards the ground doin the same thing, just focusing on the hips, then take a swing, hesitate at the top, and try to push off with your right foot and move your hips then start your downswing.

I agree with all the prior posts, but I want to tackle this from a different angle. You have the old Japanese style swing. When Jumbo Ozaki was #1 in Japan, all the Japanese pros started copying him. He swung with his upper body, especially his pecs. And they were long. In fact, you almost look like you lift weights. Since you don't play every day like Jumbo did, you upper body probably does not rotate fast enough as much as it should, and I would guess you have a lot of pushed shots, especially with the longer clubs. The solution is not necessarily to rotate the upper body faster, unless you start playing more. The solution is to coordinate the lower body with the upper body, i.e., keep them in sync. If you want to slow down the lower body (which you appear to be doing right now), then slow down the upper body. And vice versa. Start thinking of grace and rhythum; stop thinking about body parts. You are an excellent candidate for switching over to swing visualization. (If you don't push a lot of shots, then ignore everything I said.)

The only time that I push the ball and its only with my driver, is when I don't drop my hands back on plane and leave them out to right field along with the club face square with my hands but my hands are not in position with the rest of my body. I tried emphasizing bringing them in and releasing the club and getting more on my left side. It worked.

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

Note: This thread is 4265 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!