IGNORED

Your Favorite Driver?

Note: This thread is 3594 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought the dymo sq^2 this winter. Loved it for the first few months out. Now cant seem to hit it for anything. None the less by far the straightest driver ive hit in years

Uuuuuuh WHAT???

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Best I've ever hit would be the Ping G-15. Sadly out of my price range at this time.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

I`m using a Cleveland xls 8.5* tour head with a house of forged ultra shaft

cleveland Hibore xls 8.5* driver
Cleveland Hiborexls 13* 3 wood
Ping S 56
Nike oz putter

I've had the Ping G10 for just over two years now and I can't get rid of it. I am afraid I won't hit my next driver as straight. It's been through a lot of rounds, and I could probably use a new driver but I just can't dish out 300 dollars on something that won't be an improvement.

Yeah, that's probably why I pulled it outta the bag for a couple weeks - afraid to get spoiled in case it breaks or something.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I've tried about all of the, literally, and my favorite is the Taylormade Burner Superfast. This stick is long and forgiving with a great trajectory and really lightweight. I bought the 3 wood yesterday and it is also a BOOOOOM stick!

In my Nike Sport Cart Bag:
Driver: Burner SUPERFAST TP 10.5*
3 Wood Burner SUPERFAST
5 Wood SQ Dymo
Irons(4-GW) SZ Vokey Oil Can 56* 64* TP WedgePutter Oz Mallet 6Ball: ProV1x

I've tried about all of the, literally, and my favorite is the Taylormade Burner Superfast. This stick is long and forgiving with a great trajectory and really lightweight. I bought the 3 wood yesterday and it is also a BOOOOOM stick!

The superfast was just too long of a club. When I had it next to the R9 I bought the head was able to be completely over the R9. I would find it way too hard to control

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

The superfast was just too long of a club. When I had it next to the R9 I bought the head was able to be completely over the R9. I would find it way too hard to control

I've read several reviews where people have said that between the lightweight and the longer shaft that controlability may be an issue. Luckily I've not had any problem. I had the R9 before the SuperFast and am about 15 yards longer with the Superfast. Next to the R9 the Superfast seems to be only an inch longer, but I guess that can make a big difference. Definitely wouldn't recommend it to the shorter(as in height) golfer

In my Nike Sport Cart Bag:
Driver: Burner SUPERFAST TP 10.5*
3 Wood Burner SUPERFAST
5 Wood SQ Dymo
Irons(4-GW) SZ Vokey Oil Can 56* 64* TP WedgePutter Oz Mallet 6Ball: ProV1x

I've tried quite a few drivers in the past couple years, and while it's not the longest driver I've had, the FT-i is definitely the most accurate I've had. I typically hit 11/14 Fairways, and for a guy with my handicap, that's pretty amazing to me.

I think it's all about confidence though, when I stand over the ball with the ugly FT-i in my hands, I know the ball is going straight, I just swing it. I just hope these new (to me) irons give me the same confidence. That's what it seems to be about, confidence that you're going to hit a great shot, and know you have the ability, and make it happen. Some clubs just feel right, and you have to find that one.

I did hit the G15, and found it to be a great driver. Just not enough to make me buy it over the FT-i, which I know I hit good on the course.

R9
"From my cold, dead hands"

Love it, love the sound, love the feel. The G15 is nice as well, just more of a thud sound. I love the sound signature of TM drivers.

My fav driver is the one I am playing now. FT-9 with a Diamana whiteboard in it. I was recently playing a fubuki, but after hitting up a flight scope I changed to the WB in 73 g instead of the 63 that the fubuki was. I love the ball flight and I have been hitting it much more consistently and further.

I tried the R9 when it came out, but I couldn't hit the thing.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Nike dymo str8-fit. Love it. I had a G-15 but sold it and went back to the dymo. Ping just wasnt for me I guess.

Driver Dymo Str8-fit 10.5
3 wood Dymo
Hybrid SQ #3
Irons SQ Sumo 4-AW
Wedge 52 and 56
Putter White Hot 34"
Ball NXT

I need to change my previous vote......

I recently bought a Callaway FT-9, and this thing is amazing compared to my FT-i, Cleveland, and Burner drivers from the past. It just feels and sounds right to me.

I,ve used my Taylor Made R5 XL for over 3 years and find it hard to replace because I hit it strait 99.9* of the time. The only other driver I,ve hit that good is the Ping G15.

In My Cart Bag R 5 XL Driver Rescue Mid #3-19* 3,7 F50 Fairway Woods CG 4 , 4-PW irons all Reg Flex. MP-T 56* 60* wedges Anser G2 Putter. AD333. DT SoLo Balls ..

Another vote for the g15.

Driver: Ping g15 axivcore black stiff
3 wood: Cobra s9-1 f speed
Hybrids: 20* adams speedline classic round and 24*v1 peanut
Irons: Ping I5 5-pw
Wedges : cg14 50*,54* spin milled 58*Putter: Cameron newport detour

• 11 months later...

I still love my Ping G2, wouldn't trade it for anything except for maybe the G5.  The G10 and 15 feel the same to me but I just love Ping Drivers, they have that loud CRACK when you hit the ball and the sweet spot is amazing.

G2 Driver/3 Wood    MP 52 Irons   52 Deg. Wedge    56 Deg. Spin Milled Wedge

60 Deg. X-Tour Wedge   G5i Tess Putter

www.swingtrainergolf.net

Note: This thread is 3594 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!