IGNORED

Mizuno MP-68s From Ebay: Authentic or Knock-offs?

Note: This thread is 3153 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The heads were pretty good looking fakes, rifle 6.0 is not a standard shaft for the mp-68s, they could've been fitted by a club maker which would explain the weird ferrules.

The seller being in Canada using an Asian shipping company is odd.

Did you ever have a hit of them, Mizunos have an amazing feel that would be very obvious if not the real deal.

Did you ask him about the different ferrules in the auction pic vs what he sent you?

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

hey man, those heads are real.

the rest is crap. but the heads are real IMO.

If you dont want them, I'll take them off your hands.

By sending them back you are contributing to ripping off someone else.

No he isn't. As always, buyer beware for anything! His responsibility is to return the items he was refunded for because he was not happy with them.

those heads are 100% fake..... You want fake clubs? PM me and I'll send you the link to where the seller purchased that garbage

:callaway: BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 :callaway: x2hot 3deep 14.5* (TBD) :tmade: RSI UDI 20* RIP Tour 90 :bridgestone: J40CB 4-PW Steelfiber i95 :vokey: SM4 50* KBS Tour V :vokey: SM5 54* KBS 610 :vokey: SM5 58* KBS HI-REV 2.0 MannKrafted Handmade Custom

No he isn't. As always, buyer beware for anything! His responsibility is to return the items he was refunded for because he was not happy with them.

FALSE!! I actually got a driver off of eBaythat turned out to be a fake. I submitted a PayPal dispute, and immediately PayPal contacted me and told me not to ship the item back since it was illegal to ship counterfeit goods, and I could get in trouble. I ended up getting 100% of my money + shipping cost refunded back from PayPal, and keeping the club. Then I basically emailed the guy and said tough shit, don't sell fake stuff. I still have the club today.

TM R7 SuperQuad - 9.5* Stiff || TM V-Steel 15/18* Stiff || Mizuno MP-52 3-PW PX5.5 || Titleist Vokey OC 52/58* || Odyssey White Hot #1

They are not real. You can't spot a fake just by looking at them, that's how good club counterfeiting has gotten these days. If they came from China, which they did, the whole thing is bogus....guaranteed...

Cleveland Launcher DST 10.5*

Ping G15 17*

Mizuno MP-53 4-PW with GS-95

Mizuno MPT-11 Black Nickel 52* and 58* with GS-95

Ping Redwood Anser

So, I just returned from a trip to the local Haggin Oaks pro shop during my lunchbreak. Here are a few things I found out:

1) The first thing I wanted to look at was the serial numbers. I figured that would be the easiest sign. Sure enough, the serial numbers one my set were much larger, in a different type-face, and used a different process to etch onto the club. This was the first thing the club-fitter I worked with pointed out. (he also pointed out that the 6-iron has a patent-pending sticker on the shaft, which was missing)
2) He pointed out that typically Mizuno does not put plastic wrap on the grips (which my set had), and pulled out a new boxed set from the back to show me what the packaging looked like and of course it was different.
3) He noted that the USA distribution plant is in Georgia . So nobody domestically would order a custom Mizuno set from overseas/Asia. This is a reference to the seller's story that he won them from a local radio station.
4) A very close inspection of the club heads showed that the font was ever-so-slightly different for the club numbering as well as the dash/swoosh thingy underneath the "MP" on the back of the club. I tried to take pictures of this and the serial number, but my cell phone was having trouble focusing in on the very small numbers of the authentic iron and the lighting wasn't suitable.
5) He also said right away that the shafts weren't branded rifle shafts because they would have had a sticker on them . We already knew that, but I was curious as to how he knew they were rifle and he pointed out the lack of stepping in the shaft which is present on the stock DG shafts. I didn't know that before as my current iron set is rifle.

He mentioned that they are likely cast iron, and suggested I hit them to see but I told him it wasn't necessary. I just wanted to confirm as best I could that they are completely counterfeit before I send them back* so that I can figure out how to deal with the feedback. Is ebay still at the point where the seller can leave retaliatory bad feedback when I point out that these things are counterfeit? I have 100% and I'd like to not ruin that, but I feel obligated to speak up on this set for other potential buyers of this set.

*Yes, I plan on sending them back. I cannot in good conscience keep the clubs according to my own personal set of values and judgments. That's just me, but I can understand the flip-side of that argument as well.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Seller cannot leave negative feedback.......

:callaway: BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 :callaway: x2hot 3deep 14.5* (TBD) :tmade: RSI UDI 20* RIP Tour 90 :bridgestone: J40CB 4-PW Steelfiber i95 :vokey: SM4 50* KBS Tour V :vokey: SM5 54* KBS 610 :vokey: SM5 58* KBS HI-REV 2.0 MannKrafted Handmade Custom

Seller cannot leave negative feedback.......

I dont think you should send them back. Esp if you confirmed they re fakes... he's just goin to take someone else.

And I wouldn't ship them either if you are certain they are counterfeit. That is against the law.

Regarding returning the clubs to the seller, I think I would contact ebay and ask them what the proper procedure is given these circumstances. Especially since this is being sent over international borders. I'm almost certain that they could guide you on the correct and legal process. Get the full name of the person at ebay who provides you with the instructions as well. That way you can sleep easy over the way it has been handled.

*Yes, I plan on sending them back. I cannot in good conscience keep the clubs according to my own personal set of values and judgments. That's just me, but I can understand the flip-side of that argument as well.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

Man, he tried to rip you off, he has got good feedback and hasn't bought/sold much stuff. I think he bought them, realised he got ripped off, then tried to rip someone else off, you.

Give him negative feedback, "sold me fake golf clubs, but gave me a refund"

The heads do look fantastic, they let themselves down with the ferrule and shaft sticker

Man, he tried to rip you off, he has got good feedback and hasn't bought/sold much stuff. I think he bought them, realised he got ripped off, then tried to rip someone else off, you.

He didn't buy them for himself, this was a blatant attempt at making some money, he is Lefthanded. Just bought some R7's from 3balls.

I agree. He is trying to come off as a good guy, but it's very likely he was trying to subsidize his new iron purchase by making some money off of a counterfeit sale.

Brandon

Regardless of your personal morals it seems like a terrible idea to ship illegal counterfits across the US/Canada border. Definitely check with someone at eBay/Paypal first.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

I emailed ebay and they sent a lengthy response this morning about how I should seek reimbursement, contact the seller, etc etc. Regarding the counterfeit items, they essentially said the listing itself doesn't violate Ebay's terms, so I should contact Mizuno as to whether or not I should ship the items back or "dispose" of them. Here is the text (Note that Mizuno is not a part of their VeRO program):

Rights owners can have items which they feel infringe on their intellectual property rights removed through the eBay Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program. When participants in our Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) Program notify us that a listing has violated their intellectual property rights, by law we have to remove that listing. As this is the case, we encourage you to contact the rights owner when you come across an item that you believe may infringe on their intellectual property rights. Owing to the circumstances at hand, the seller should refund your payment. You may contact the seller at _____________ to discuss returning or disposing of the replica product and receiving a refund.

I'm considering contacting Mizuno and detailing the issue. A customer service rep emailed me yesterday morning in response to my email to their customer service inquiry about the serial number. I feel like it's just easier to send the items back and not dealing with the hassle, but now that I am nearly 100% sure they're counterfeit AND he knew and intended on scamming for profit, I feel compelled to see this through properly.

Brandon

Regardless of your personal morals it seems like a terrible idea to ship illegal counterfits across the US/Canada border. Definitely check with someone at eBay/Paypal first.

Ebay/Paypal wouldn't know. Your local post office would. Go your local post office and tell them the story. Counterfiet goods are illegal. I believe even having them in your possion is a crime (you are supposed to turn counterfiet items over to the police). Mailing an illegal item (across the border no less) may put you in legal jeapordy. If some postal inspector opens the package and finds that YOU shipped counterfiet/illegal goods, you may find a govt. official knocking at your door.

The point I'm trying to make is: this guy tried to rip you off by selling you counterfiet clubs. There is no reason to put yourself in legal jeapordy to be a "stand up guy" (after all, he isn't). Write him back and tell him that you checked with the post office, and they informed you that, since the clubs are counterfiet/illegal, it would be a crime in the USA for you to ship the clubs to him. Tell him if he wants the clubs back, he can come down and get them. He can find them in the evidence locker of your local police department's fraud investigation unit.

Instight XTD A30S Driver 10.5° ($69 new ebay)
Instight XTD A3OS Fairway Wood 15° ($45 new ebay)
Fybrid 19.5° ($35 new ebay)
Ci7 4-GW ($175 new Rock Bottom Golf via ebay)
53° & 58° 8620 DD wedges ($75 each new PGA Superstore) C2-DF ($35 new Rock Bottom Golf) Riley TT stand bag ($7 n...

Note: This thread is 3153 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!