IGNORED

Carry bags - the best one?

Note: This thread is 5114 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey! My carry bag is beginning to show signs of age, so thinking of a replacement.

Currently using an Mizuno, was a great looking bag, however it rubbed the shaft of my driver quite badly, so I wasn't impressed at all really now.

I would like to stick with Mizuno Aerolite, but only for one reason (a stupid one at that) is that I use Mizuno irons currently, and will be upgrading to MP68's later on in the year, and it is quite nice to have bag and clubs matching, however what with the rubbing of the driver shaft I'm not thrilled and would consider something else.

What would you prefer and and the reason please? I'd quite like something bright and colourful, but also got to have function. Price wise, not to bothered spending $75+ on a bag

Thanks,
What’s in my bag:

I just did a lot of research before buying my Ogio Grom. It's a hybrid (carry/stand bag, but its also got lots of dividers for the cart) - so your clubs won't rub.

Review here: http://thesandtrap.com/accessories/o...and_bag_review

The one issue I saw mentioned everywhere was the weight becuase its 2 lbs heavier than most other carry bags, but it's not noticeable at all to me.

In my Grom:

Driver: MX 560
Irons: Idea a3 3H, 4H, 5H, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW
Wedges: GT Tight Lies Sandwedge, GT Tight Lies LobwedgePutter: White Steel #5

Hey! My carry bag is beginning to show signs of age, so thinking of a replacement.

The current Golf Digest (at least the one out in my area) reviews the best bags - gold and silver medals just like their balls issue - you really can't go wrong with any of them. In the end it's personal. If you want the legs to be strong, not dig into the turf, and you want to access all your pockets while walking that might be one bag, but if you want to occasionally strap it onto powercart, another bag might be better.

As far as the clubs or bag rubbing and wearing a driver shaft, that may just be faulty club placement in the bag - I haven't seen a carry bag that wasn't geared to protect graphite shafted woods in a very long time. Or maybe you have a driver with no sock attached to the stock headcover, like the one that came with my PINg G10. I ditched that ugly useless POS on day one and picked up a no-name one that did a better job of protecting the shaft.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I bought one a few weeks ago.

I was down to an OGIO ozone and a Nike SQ carry tour.

I settled on the Nike for the 14 way divider and the cooler pocket that can hold two pint size bottles of water. My bag is pretty nice, i get a lot of comments on it...

Regardless of brands or logos, there are a few things that I look for in a bag and won't even look into it unless it has them.
1. Must be waterproof and have a removable rain hood.
2. Must have the hip padding on one side at least. Bags that have this are much more comfortable to carry.
3. Must have a dual strap.
4. Must have an outside pocket that will hold a water bottle.

After these conditions I will look at pocket size and storage. Most every every company has some sort of 'premium' stand bag and that is usally what I look at. They fulfill all the above and have plenty of storage and are typically pretty good bags. They might be a little heavier than other carry bags, but that is worth it to me to get the things I want. Mizuno has a premium stand bag also, you should look into it.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I just did a lot of research before buying my Ogio Grom. It's a hybrid (carry/stand bag, but its also got lots of dividers for the cart) - so your clubs won't rub.

I'll second that. It's a great bag, with all the features you would ever want, including a great club organizing system. A little heavy, but I don't mind. If you are looking for something a little lighter, check out the Ogio Ozone or the new one, the Nova (also sold as the Mondo).

In My Grom:
Driver: Taylormade R1 10.5°
Fairway: Taylormade RocketBallz Stage 2 Tour 14.5°
Hybrids: Ping G25 3, 4
Irons: Mizuno 5-PW JPX 800 Pro

Wedges: CG-14 50°, 56°, 60°

Putter: Nike Method 003

Sun Mountain 3.5 superlight

Bag: SunMountain KG:3 Cart Bag
Driver: Titleist 913 D3

Fairway: Nike VR_S Covert Tour 3

Hybrid: Nike VR_S Covert 3
Wedges: 51° ,55°, 59° Trusty Rusty

Irons: Adams CMB
Putter: TM Ghost Spider

Glove: LeviTee Golf Glove

Shoe: True LinksWear Sensei, Proto

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

I like the Sun Mountain Four 5. It's high quality, light, and has 14 way dividers. When looking at Ogio bags I was disappointed by the stability of their legs, but otherwise good bags.

Note: This thread is 5114 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!