IGNORED

Golf shoes

Note: This thread is 5063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have tried many different brands, and for me Ecco and Adidas are the top 2. I just picked up a new pair of Adidas Tour 360 4.0 Sport on Ebay for $62, shipped. They are mostly mesh, which is extremely comfortable on humid days in the Bluegrass. I really like the thinness of the sole as well. You can feel slope on the course even easier. Highly recommend them.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried many different brands, and for me Ecco and Adidas are the top 2. I just picked up a new pair of Adidas Tour 360 4.0 Sport on Ebay for $62, shipped. They are mostly mesh, which is extremely comfortable on humid days in the Bluegrass. I really like the thinness of the sole as well. You can feel slope on the course even easier. Highly recommend them.

wow, il have to check ebay then. is the mesh waterproof?

Im looking to buy some new golf shoes. My budget is around 100 bucks, anyone have any favorites?

For $100 bucks you should be able to procure 2 or 3 pairs if you shop wisely.

If your playing with 10 yr old shoes you obviously don't play often enought to warrent spending $100 on shoes anyway.

i'd golf barefoot if i wasnt worried about cutting my foot on twigs and stuff

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

i'd golf barefoot if i wasnt worried about cutting my foot on twigs and stuff

Guy on my high school team never wore golf shoes. He was a 5 handicap. Fred Couples wears boat shoes with no socks, lol

lol ya, its important but not that important
Well its really important but its not as important as swing mechanics. If you have bad mechanics, golf shoes probably arent gonna help a lot
I golf our really nice pitch and putt barefoot haha its awesome.

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
Nickent 4dx driver
YES Carolyne putter

Fred Couples wears boat shoes with no socks, lol

No he doesn't. The ones he had on during the Masters are Ecco golf shoes, like

these . Click on the 'Golf Street' link to see those weird black ones with the yellow dots on the side. As for me, I like Adidas.

another vote for the powerband 3.0's. love mine.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

Im not meaning to hijack a thread here.. What are the benefits of having golf shoes compared to street shoes?

Depends on what you mean by street shoes. If you mean flat-soled leather "wear to the office" shoes, golf shoes will keep you from slipping all over the place on flat ground - anchor your feet. If you're talking about hilly/sloping lies, golf shoes will keep you from hurting yourself.

Now, athletic shoes with nubbie spikes (1/8" in diameter) can do the job also. I wear these when I go to the range so I don't overswing or try to kill the ball.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Another vote for the Adidas Powerband 3.0/Tour 360 shoes. I've had several pairs of Nikes and Foot Joys; I like the footbed, traction and support of the Adidas best so far.

Agree - you can get Addidas Tour 360 ltd on for $100 now. This is a $300 shoe that being closed out. I have three pairs and sine I bought them I never wear my Ecco's, Footjoys or Etonics.

Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

1 vote for footjoy, i have the footjoy synergy and they are great, had the dryjoys before, they where a bit narrow other than that no complain great shoes !!

In my sasquatch tour stand bag i carry
G15 driver 9 degree
diablo edge 3 wood
G10 5 wood
diablo 3 hybrid X-22 (4-pw) 588 (52 degree) (60 degree) redwood putter

I bought last years adidas 3.0's for $79 on TGW, I know the technology is much better 12 months later but I don't notice it in my swing. I like Adidas shoes, but buy last years model. $200 buck for a shoe...maybe if it's a guccer

my problem with the adidas shoes is they're 10 pounds
if you walk 18 holes with any hills that'll be annoying at the end

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
Nickent 4dx driver
YES Carolyne putter

Note: This thread is 5063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!