IGNORED

How do you guys prepare for your club championship?

CG031
Note: This thread is 5043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Architects Golf Club

I've only played there once, and I'm not sure why. It's a REALLY nice course. Lopatcong is only about 40 minutes away from me and the NJSGA offers a $25 off coupon through their eBenefits program. I'll have to get up there again soon.

Good luck! CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just try to ease into it with putting and short game practice. Last year I did compete at putting with my 10 year old son, really helped me put some edge on my putting (you do not want to loose at that, although I did at times, he's a great putter). Read some Rotella too it really helps getting your nerves in check, its just one shot at a time.

In my bag:Driver: 910D2, 10.25˚, Aldila RIP, Fairway: 904F, 15˚, YS-6FW+ Stiff, Hybrid: Titleist 910H, Irons: S-58, 4-PW, DG S300, Wedges: Wishon 52˚, 56˚, Putter: Odyssey Black series i 1

The first thing you will notice during the Club championship is that the greens are LOT faster than usual--at least that is the case in my club championship. So you gotta play the day before to get the feel for the green speed.

Trust me, if your club is like every other club, the green speed will be much faster than your typical tournaments. The guy who adjust fastest to the green speed has a HUGE advantage over others.

And "normdamarine" is absolutely correct, don't go in thinking you won't win. You shouldn't even enter a tournament, if you think you can't win. Everyone can have a great day and just as equally everyone can have a sh!tty day.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've only played there once, and I'm not sure why. It's a REALLY nice course. Lopatcong is only about 40 minutes away from me and the NJSGA offers a $25 off coupon through their eBenefits program. I'll have to get up there again soon.

Thanks. Yeah you should come out here sometime. It's a great course..I play it everyday and it's certainly a challenge haha.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

lots of putting. He my outdrive everyone but if you out putt him you have a chance

Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

• 2 weeks later...
For those of you who care, here is what happened with my club championship.

The rain killed our Saturday round, which was supposed to be the opening 18 holes of the 36-hole stroke play championship.

So we played the first 18 today, and anyone who was in 10 of the leader, got to continue you on to the next 18.

So onto my round:

I get to the range to warm-up, and I'm snap hooking everything. After a week of doing this (irons, woods, etc.) I was pretty much fed up with it. And said WHAT THE ---- really loud and threw my club. Very rarely do I lose my temper, to be honest, but I was just so fed up that before the club championship was about tee off, I was snap hooking EVERYTHING.

So I get out to the first tee, and just got back to the fundamentals, tempo, etc. and tried to block out my warm-up session. I did a solid job of it. I didn't hit the ball well by any means, but I scratched it around.

With a double on the card, I made the turn at 40. Solid, I thought, not hitting it great (missed just abut every fairway on the front 9).

So I go to 10, hit a very good drive, most solid of the day. PW to the middle of the green. You have to start off on 10 with a good hole, because 14-18 will KILL you on this course (get to that later...). So, I roll one in from 25-30 feet for birdie! I was pumped...I am -1 on the back 9 thru 12. I get to 13, hit a terrible snap hook, AGAIN. So, I end up three putting from about 15 feet from double bogey. Lipped out my bogey from 4 feet, just a poor overall hole. Go to 14...the start of the killer stretch as I call it. A 484 yd par 4. I am not a big hitter. I hit it about 260 off the tee...I can't even REACH this hole in two with a GOOD drive, now try hitting a drive off the end of the club...I hit a hybrid to about 50 yards short of the green. I pull my wedge, still not on the green. Clutch up and down for a 5...pretty happy with that. I figured the cut would be about 81, so I knew I needed to turn it up. I bogey 15 (470 yd par 4) in similar fashion as 14. I go to 16 knowing I need a good drive, don't get it. Another snap hook, Hit a hybrid again 30 yards short of the green. Hit a solid wedge that just rolls past the pin about 15 feet from the pin but in the 2nd cut of rough (fringe, 2nd cut, rough). I putt from it because of the contour of the green. Terrible shot, I am still 7 feet away for BOGEY. I LIP IT OUT!!! I was steeming. Not only was I unable to reach these holes in reg., but I was not getting any luck here!!! I go to 17, hit a terrific shot on this 210 yd par 3 with a 3 iron, and it rolls THROUGH the green. Now I'm in a terrible lie, just in the rough about 1-2 yds of the green. I end up with a bogey. 18 I par...

I shoot 82

Not bad. Could've been better. Meanwhile, a guy shot 69 so I did not make the cut. I guess that WET, 6800 yd course really got to me...especially those consecutive par 4's 14-16 (484, 470, 455) and 17 is a 210 yd par 3...

Whatever, always next year.

P.S. I just realized, I typed out these details of my round. How many of you guys will read it? Probably none. hahahah ;)

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

lots of wedge work Putting time and short game galore...you arent going to out drive him..you have to out play him

This is my key. I know the deal is "Don't do anything different, bla bla bla", but most of joe average golf golfers don't spend as much time on practice as we should, so when I have a big round I find some extra time I don't usaully have and work on shots from 30 yards in as much as I can. With a cap like mine I miss allot of greens, and I know getting these littel shots close can save me as much 10 strokes a round, it also helps me relax as I feel like I don't need to get to the green in regulation to make pars.

The night before the round I do something to take my mind off golf, and then day of the round I try to go through my "regular" pre-round routine. Of course I dont have a regular routine, as some times I just wake up, look outside and see it nice, so pop over to the club and find a game, this means I could have 30 seconds to warm up or 1 hour?
Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

Sounds like you shot a pretty solid round overall, except those few lip outs. And just for the record, I did just read it. Haha

Live, Breath, Golf.
My Home
FT-3 8.5* Driver
X22's
2i Hybrid 3i Hybrid 55* Wedge 60* Wedge PutterWhen Tiger puts spin on the ball, the ball does not hit the green and then spin back, the ball hits the green and the world spins forward.

For those of you who care, here is what happened with my club championship.

I read everyword of it. Better luck next year

Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

Haha thanks guys. Yeah I wasn't too upset with teh performance, could've been a bit better down the stretch. A few doubles on the back is never fun.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

Note: This thread is 5043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!