IGNORED

Grips that deal with sweat well

Note: This thread is 5060 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have some Golf Pride grips on my irons. I'm not sure which ones they are, but I think they're the standard, run of the mill grips. They might even be original?

Anyways, when it gets really warm out and my hands sweat, I have a very difficult time holding on to the club.

I have a wedge with a multicompound grip that works a bit better, but am curious what you all think.

Thoughts?

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*
MP-32 3-pw Rifle Project X 6.0
56*10 satin & 60*10 oil can Method #1

Use wrist bands, use a glove if you don't, use a towel on your hands and on the grip, keep a change of glove, take your glove off to air it, don't play in the heat. :)

Just got back from the range. Had a towel, just like I did yesterday, and was wiping my hands and the grips. It didn't work. I had to leave before finishing the bucket because I couldn't even hold on to the club. It was sliding down at least half an inch.

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*

To me the grips really doesn't matter, I just stock up on golf gloves because I sweat through about 5 in a round.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have some Golf Pride grips on my irons. I'm not sure which ones they are, but I think they're the standard, run of the mill grips. They might even be original?

Wash the grips-it helps a great deal. Also rotate gloves throughout the round. I have multi-compounds now and they are better than the Golf Pride solid black grip. But, I will bre trying a full cord Lamkin soon.

In the bag:
Driver: Rapture V2, 9 degree, stiff shaft
Fairway Woods: X-Hot 3 wood
Hybrid: 3H
Irons: J36 PC 4-PW Project X 6.0 Shafts, FlightedWedges: CG14, 50 54 and 58 degree Putter: Guerin Rife 2 Bar with Winn grip B330S Pro V1x

I wash mine with warm water & mild soap....this usually brings back the tackiness.

The Golf Pride New Decade is a two compound grip....corded rubber on the lower & soft rubber on the upper......seems to work well when it is wet.

Do you use a glove?

I do, but I desperately need a new one. I'm gonna go check out grips tomorrow and will grab a new glove or two also. I like the idea of rotating gloves during a round.

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*

Went to golfgalaxy and checked some stuff out. I kinda knew that my grips were too small for me...looks like I need the "jumbo" size...but the new dec multicompounds don't seem to come in anything bigger than midsize.

I also looked at the tour wraps and liked them. They come in jumbo.

Anyone know the difference between tour wrap and the 2g/g2 or whatever it is?

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*

Take a look at the Lamkin crossline midsize full cord. I just put the standard full cord on my irons. I really like them. lots of bite and feel. If the midsize still isn't big enough, you can always add another wrap or two of tape.

In myM9 bag
09 Burner 10.5* Stiff flex
Burner 19* 3 hybrid (Stiff Flex)
Burner 22* 4 hybrid (Stiff Flex)
G10 irons 4-PW(white dot) steel shaft (Stiff Flex)Oil can 52* wedge Spin milled 56* & 60* wedgesHalf Craz- E B belly putter SG 3.5golf balls

I've tried several grips to find one that is more "sweatproof". In the end, the regualr tour velvet works the best. You can get the corded grips, but they tear up gloves pretty quickly when the gloves get sweaty. If you find a better one, please post.

Well I just plopped down the money for a full set of multicompounds. I'm still uneasy about it but nothing was jumping out at me. I liked the Tour Wrap 2G but felt that 1, they would get slippery - 2 that they were almost too tacky and would get slippy and 3 that they were a little soft for me. Plus, I couldn't get midsize in white or red, only black.

After that it was either lampkin full cord midsize, multicompound midsize, tour velvet full cord(only black again in mid) or Tour Wrap full cord(which they didn't even have).

I didn't really feel like the velvet or lampkin cords were tacky enough so that kind of forced me into multicompounds. They are HIDEOUS, but feel pretty good. I have one on a wedge so I kind of know how they feel and wasn't too worried about buying a full set...It's kind of like choosing the least of all evils.

Oh well, I like the feel(as of now) and will surely get used to them. Time will tell!

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*

The problem I have is sweating on my non-glove hand. There is a product called "Gorilla Gold Grip Enhancer" that really works well for me. It's basically a towel a little larger than a washcloth that comes in a plastic ziplock bag. You can either squeeze with your hand or squeeze around your club grip. It's made from beeswax and makes your hand or club feel very tacky, so you can get a good grip. I found it at a sporting goods store that carries a lot of baseball equipment. I think for baseball, it replaces the old pine tar rags. Anyway, I saw this post & thought I'd give my $.02.

I played with a guy a day or two ago and he swore by the rain gloves for playing in the heat. I thought this might help if you sweat a bunch.

Brian

I'm a big fan of the Golf Pride New Decade. I don't play with a glove, so these really work for me, and we can get some very hot and humid days in the midwest.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Note: This thread is 5060 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!