Sign in to follow this  
tws1098

Let's say a golfer could not demo irons, what to choose?

Note: This thread is 3486 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

37 posts / 13361 viewsLast Reply

1: TaylorMade RAC OS

Well that is an odd list. Why would you have the 10 hc playing blades and the 5 playing GI?

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

1. Callaway X Series, or Adams Combo set
2. Callaway X Series, Taylormade R7's, Titleist AP1's
3. Callaway X Series, Titleist Ap2's
4. Blades or CB's or anything really. If you are that consistant you should be able to hit any iron.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1. 20 and up - Nickent 4DX Pro
2. 15 - Cleveland CG7 Black Pearl
3. 10 - Adams Pro Black CB-1
4. 5 and under - Adams Idea Pro Black MB

Basically, I just picked what I think looks coolest of the higher end range of clubs. I use the Nickent 4DX Pros and love them, so that's why I chose it for the 20 and up handicap, even though they might be too much club for that group.

You mean being left handed. It really sucks in this regard. But on topic.

High--Adams Idea OS hybrid
Mid--Mizuno Mx 1000/mx 300 mixed set
Mid/low--AP2
Low really solid iron player--titleist mb 710

1. Callaway i-brids
2. Titleist Ap-1
3. Titleist Ap-2
4. Mizuno blades
Im real glad to see everyone else putting the AP-1 on there for 15 Hdcps cuz I just bought em and I'm over 15. They've helped A TON though. With a little direction and more consistent putting I think I can get down to a 15ish soon.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1. i15 (or any of the other players cavity backs like the AP2 or CB)
2. i15 (or any of the other players cavity backs like the AP2 or CB)
3. i15 (or any of the other players cavity backs like the AP2 or CB)
4. i15 (or any of the other players cavity backs like the AP2 or CB)

It makes no sense to buy 4 sets along your progress, of course it makes no sense to buy a true blade at hc 36 or even at hc 20, but if you are a bit serious about golf, buy yourself a decent set and your are ready to improve !

All this thread is doing is making me want new clubs!

haha my bad.

1. Adams IDEA a7OS

What? no split cavities too? lol

i like this thread.
20+ burner combo set with 3+4i hybrids
15- ping g15
10-mp58
5 or less- titleist 710 mb or tm tp mb smoke

I have given some thought to my own list and I think it would go as follows:

20+ Ping G15
15 - Titleist AP1
10 - Mizuno mixed set mp52/58
5 and under - Scratch SB-1

i like this thread.

It is just me, what is there to be liked, why does about everyone making this stupid lists, who are we to decide which kind of clubs should be played at which level.

Just let a 20, 15, 10 or even 5 capper play what he or she likes ........ if a 5 capper likes a ping G15 no problem .... if a 36 capper like the challenge of a Titleist MB no problem either ......

It is just me, what is there to be liked, why does about everyone making this stupid lists

First off, the bolded section makes no sense and second, why would you feel compelled to post in this thread if you feel that way? If you aren't going to add to the thread then just don't post. No one is making you read (although you obviously didn't since the purpose of this thread is not to decide what clubs others should play but is for fun) or post in this thread, and last time I checked there were many more to choose from.

You make it a bold section, there was no bold section ...... you don't get the point ..... of course it is fun to think on which set should match a certain level of play ...... but it is just for everyone to decide what he or she likes best.

Besides that ..... how can a 20 capper know what is best for a 5 capper, only by reading and believing what he's reading ..... or by personal experience ?

Note: This thread is 3486 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!