IGNORED

LeBron James.......

nike_golf
Note: This thread is 5049 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The whole "episode" tonight and LBJ's decision is another example of why today's NBA is a joke.

That is all............

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole "episode" tonight and LBJ's decision is another example of why today's NBA is a joke.

whys that exactly? Seems like a lot of bandwagoning haters coming out of the woodworks saying the same things...interesting how most of the haters who are calling the NBA a joke are the ones that tuned in and watched LBJ's one hour special...?

i for one enjoyed it. its a big move. Lebron's decision would've determined a lot of changes in the coming years... his episode was watched by MILLIONS everywhere... people are interested. I think LBJ played a smart move. He's positioning himself for a win and I can admire him for that. If you state NBA and LBJ's one hour special is a joke...then its the result of hundreds of millions of viewers and fans out there demanding for it. I for one have no complaints about LBJ and his decision and the coverage on it. I found it interesting and worthy.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

whys that exactly? Seems like a lot of bandwagoning haters coming out of the woodworks saying the same things...interesting how most of the haters who are calling the NBA a joke are the ones that tuned in and watched LBJ's one hour special...?

Not to mention that it raised money for charity...

On a side note...how stacked is Miami going to be??? Man, they sealed the deal with Lebron by going ahead and getting Bosh and Wade to committ

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

More like King Edward!
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I drove from Boston to Delaware and back in the last two days, so I have been listening to a lot of New York and Philly sports radio too. A few things I want to say:
  • Chris Bosh is way overrated right now. He is a guy who struggles to make the all start team, but people are saying he is so great because he is on everyone's mind.
  • LeBron's ego is huge. A 1 hour special to determine where he wsa going? Come on.
  • Miami has 5 guys under contract. And they are likely going to have to get rid of Beasly. You can't win a team with 10 guys you sign at the veteran minimum, and Chalmers is not that good as a starting point guard. He is a shooter, not a passer.
  • New York and New Jersey were 100% sure they had landed LeBron right up until the moment he announced otherwise, despite a day and a half of the only reports being that he was going to Miami. Zero reports said he was going to New York/ New Jersey, yet they were sure he was.
  • To all NY fans/radio people: NY is NOT the "Mecca" of basketball, and it is not the premier franchise in the NBA. The whole time they were saying "LeBron is looking to revitalize the NBA, and what better place to do it than the NBA's premier franchise, a place where we haven't won in almost 40 years". If you want to premier franchise, how about making it one that has won the most championships and is in the same state where basketball was invented (the Boston Celtics), or (gulp) the team that has been to more finals than any other team and is second in finals won (The Los Angeles Lakers). Not the Knicks.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I drove from Boston to Delaware and back in the last two days, so I have been listening to a lot of New York and Philly sports radio too. A few things I want to say:

First Chris Bosh isn't overrated... he is five-time NBA All-Star, was named to the All-NBA second team once, appeared for the US national team (with whom he won a gold medal at the 2008 Olympics) He's only been in the league 7 seasons...?

Second, Lebron's ego is infact, HUGE. but it says alot that he went to Wades town to play and win... So not sure about his ego Third, Yes they don't really have much cap space left, BUT I believe they already traded Beasely to the Timberwolves for 2011 first round pick. I do think that guys will take big pay cuts to play with these 3 though, so signing mediocre role players will not be a problem... I think lol. Fourth, Not sure what this has to do with anything. He might as well stay in Cleveland before going to those crappy franchises lol Fifth, I agree! the Knicks are a thing of the past.

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

I agee with most of that except the ego. I actually think Lebron going to Miami showed a lack of ego. The media and the sports fans are what made this such a big deal. What is the difference in him doing this, and the picking of the hat for the college players going to the NBA (which Lebron never got to do by the way)? Why not let him have his time? This is what the free agency is all about. It is about being able to hear all of the sales pitches from all of the teams and then making your decision. He wasn't greedy...if that was the case he would have stayed in Cleveland where he would have made more money.

A big star in the NBA is nothing without a championship ring and he has a much better chance of getting that in Miami than in Cleveland where they don't have the roster to get it done. The Knicks and the Nets had no chance IMO. It has been between Cleveland and Miami and when Miami signed Wade and Bosh, that just sealed it. And I don't think Bosh is over rated. The media is the reason for the 1 hour special. Lebron just agreed to it, I am sure. That was more sensible that Tiger coming out with a press conference to fake some tears and admit that he was wrong. We already knew all of that. Wade, Bosh, and James have agreed to take lower salaries because of the cap and to get more players. But this is what we get when the fans and media put these guys on such a high pedestal!

Bryan A

I agee with most of that except the ego. I actually think Lebron going to Miami showed a lack of ego. The media and the sports fans are what made this such a big deal. What is the difference in him doing this, and the picking of the hat for the college players going to the NBA (which Lebron never got to do by the way)? Why not let him have his time? This is what the free agency is all about. It is about being able to hear all of the sales pitches from all of the teams and then making your decision. He wasn't greedy...if that was the case he would have stayed in Cleveland where he would have made more money.

He had a good team in place in Chicago but he didnt wanna go there lol

I watched the European Tour event on TV. Then I flipped it over at 9:40 to see him talking about Miami. This morning there were pictures in the news of people in Cleveland burning his jerseys lol

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

lol

First Chris Bosh isn't overrated... he is five-time NBA All-Star, was named to the All-NBA second team once, appeared for the US national team (with whom he won a gold medal at the 2008 Olympics) He's only been in the league 7 seasons...?

And they have been saying on the radio that "3 of the top 5 players in the league are in Miami". He is good, very good in fact, but not that good.

Second, Lebron's ego is infact, HUGE. but it says alot that he went to Wades town to play and win... So not sure about his ego

That says nothing about his ego, the fact that he couldn't just let the free agency signing/announcing process play out as normal. No, he had to have his own show all about him on ESPN. Though I have to give him credit for raising money for charity.

, Yes they don't really have much cap space left, BUT I believe they already traded Beasely to the Timberwolves for 2011 first round pick. I do think that guys will take big pay cuts to play with these 3 though, so signing mediocre role players will not be a problem... I think lol.

Pay cuts, yes. Veteran minimum? I'm not sure. Time will tell.

Fourth, Not sure what this has to do with anything. He might as well stay in Cleveland before going to those crappy franchises lol

I'm not sure either, it just seemed worth nothing that while the ESPN guys were 100% sure he would go to Miami the NY/NJ radio guys were 100% sure he wasn't.

And FWIW if I was LeBron I would have taken the mid level exception (almost $6 mil) and signed with Boston. Can you say, best team ever? A few more notes:
  • Cleveland's owner is now claiming LeBron quit in 4 playoffs games in the Celtics series last year. So is he making excuses for losing or really bashing LeBron? Or being a sore loser.
  • The Celtics signed Jermaine O'Neal. It's an interesting deal, and could turn out really really well or really terrible.
  • The Knicks, now without LeBron, traded away their most popular player in David Lee. Way to go Knicks, you traded away your most popular player, Amar'e has no one to play with, and you still didn't get LeBron. Try selling getting Melo or CP3 to your fans next summer, and see how that turns out this time.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

He had a good team in place in Chicago but he didnt wanna go there lol

And live under Jordan's shadow? I wouldn't want to do that. If it was between Miami and Chicago, where would you rather go?

Bryan A

And live under Jordan's shadow? I wouldn't want to do that. If it was between Miami and Chicago, where would you rather go?

True I agree, I was just saying there is a solid team in place in Chicago. I like Miami, I think they will be fun to watch

A few more notes:

* Cleveland's owner did nothing but make a fool of himself. I think he is just being a sore loser. I mean didn't Lebron have an elbow injury or something in the games that he is saying he quit in? *I think the Celtics will be okay *The Knicks failed in the free agency battle. Amar'e is not all that IMO!

Bryan A

South Beach......or Lake Erie......tough call lol

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

South Beach......or Lake Erie......tough call lol

HAHA!!! Exactly....I am sure that factored into the decision as well.....just like the lack of taxes factored into taking less money in Miami

Bryan A

I cant even comment on this.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

I loved the open honest reaction from the Cavs owner. All the sugar coated Lebron-lovin' BS ESPN tries to shove down our throats is annoying. At least ESPN showed a little sack last night when they mentioned that LJ is not the leagues #1 villian! Go anybody but the Heat!

As you can tell, I think it's a shame that he went to the Heat. The league would have been so much more interesting if he chose ANY of the other teams he was considering.

What's in my bag?
Bigger Sticks....: Driver: ping.gif G15 9* Fairwayping.gif 4-wood  Hybrids: 4,5  taylormade.gif Rescue Dual
Smaller Sticks...: Irons:  ping.gif G15 5-PW Wedges: titleist.gif Vokey Wedges 48, 52, 56 degree
Flatter Stick......:  odyssey.gif 2-ball putter
Not a Stick.........: Ball:  titleist.gif Dt So/Lo or NXT Tour  Bag:  taylormade.gif Catalina clicgear.gif

Note: This thread is 5049 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!