IGNORED

Pet Peeves

AceDunk
Note: This thread is 3920 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

man, you shouldn't do it with a 3 wood. That could've gone anywhere.

I've played with guys who hit to the front of the green the group ahead was (finally) walking off the back, but I hit too many flyers to risk it.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

man, you shouldn't do it with a 3 wood. That could've gone anywhere.

still not appropriate. If you are close enough to use a short iron, you are close enough to give a whistle or a shout.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

My pet peeve is players who aren't considerate enough to be "aware" of others in the group...

For example, I have a friend who will (when closest to the pin) walk up to his ball on the green and mark it and walk away...even though nobody else is even close to the pin to pull it....not only doesn't he not ask about tending the pin, he doesn't even pull it out.....you just always have to tell him to get the pin.....when I am the one putting in this situation, I will let him walk away and then as he turns around I will then walk to the hole and take the pin out....always makes him feel like sh*t, but he NEVER seems to learn...

Another example is walking down the fairway and passing someone who is playing or about to be playing.....even if you are 50 feet away and on the other side of the fairway, just stop for 10 friggin seconds and let your playing partner play the shot...

Finally, what about the guy who starts to tell a story on the tee just as the group ahead of you has cleared the fairway and you are OK to tee off....uggh...especially maddening to me, because I always have honors with these guys.

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

I knew I was gonna get some grief for this!

This guy was looking for his ball nearly all game and still didnt call us through with a clear course in front of him.

We did ask politely and he still said no. And the green is like crazy big so it would need to be the worlds worst shot to hit him.

Granted, if it did I would probably have scratched the hole.

Taylormade RBZ 10.5 driver, Taylormade Burner 2.0 15 deg 3 wood, Mizuno JPX800 19deg hybrid, Taylormade Burner 2.0 4-PW, Titleist Vokey 52,56,60 rusty wedges, Odyssey White Ice #7 360gm tour weight, Bridgestone B330S

I knew I was gonna get some grief for this!

Ever think of skipping ahead?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

My pet peeves:

(1) People who take forever to size up a putt. For God's sake you're not going for the Master's championship so quit plumb-bobbing and reading the green and take the damned shot already!

(2) People who take forever to look for a lost ball. If you can't find it in a few minutes you're likely not going to find it at all so drop one and play!

(3) People who are too ignorant or self-absorbed (or both) to realize that they're holding up other golfers and don't or won't ask the golfer's they're holding up if they'd like to play through.

(4) People who are so damned impatient that they're hitting balls on or close to the green before the players in front have gotten off. Yes I know that sometimes it's the result of (3) above but I've actually seen fights break out over this and if you have a problem with someone doing this it's better to report them to the marshal than it is to get in a dustup with someone who for all you know could be a full-fledged, whacked-out, off his meds psycho.
My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

Ever think of skipping ahead?

I did yes. But then I would be missing a hole?

Taylormade RBZ 10.5 driver, Taylormade Burner 2.0 15 deg 3 wood, Mizuno JPX800 19deg hybrid, Taylormade Burner 2.0 4-PW, Titleist Vokey 52,56,60 rusty wedges, Odyssey White Ice #7 360gm tour weight, Bridgestone B330S

I did yes. But then I would be missing a hole?

if you were pissed off to the point of hitting a 3wood at a guy i think 1 hole doesn't matter lol

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Golf courses without ranges.

Playing with friends that do not want to warm up.

People who talk at any time you address the ball.

Golf courses lined with houses on the right side :P

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

- People who leave their cart or bag on the front of the green then have to walk back to pick it up before walking off the back of the green to the next hole.

- People who don't fix their divots on the green. Get a divot tool and learn how to use it. The smartest course starter I ever saw was at the Ramstein AFB course in Germany. You had to show him that you had a divot tool in your pocket before he would let you tee off. If you didn't have one, he sent you to the pro shop to buy one.

- People who talk while you are in mid swing.

- People who don't yell fore.

FORE!

Cleveland CG7 3-PW fitted, stiff shafts
Hand me down putter, Jack Nicklaus model
Cleveland Hibore 3 wood 13 deg. stiff shaftCleveland Launcher 9 deg, stiff shaft

1). Cell Phones...enough said.

Keep in mind that some people may use their smartphones to keep score & get distances.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Probably my biggest is practice swings.
A. people that take 10-15...WHY
B. people that take 5 or more and take a ditch sized divot each time....come on, stop already

or my second one is getting paired up with chatters. I talk very little during a round, but for some dumb luck I get paired with those that do.

Hit'em Long and Strong
Big Tazz

Probably my biggest is practice swings.

Sorry

I don't take practice swings though

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

Sorry

haha no need, I'm sure your chatter is golf related lol unlike the pairs I've been hitched to who talk about everything but golf

Hit'em Long and Strong
Big Tazz

1. Loudmouth Golfers.

Also:

People who live on Golf Courses who when you hit a ball near their house (and their in the yard), they come out toward the course and say something smartassed. DON"T BUILD OR BUY ON A GOLF LOT IF YOU DON"T WISH TO DEAL WITH FLYING BALLS !!!

Female Foursomes over 50 yrs of age... Hint: you can't play golf and talk 100mph all at the same time!
Oh, and leave those mini Golf & Tennis Skirts at home from now on.

1) Having one group back an entire course up (I've seen it happen before) - playing a slow round on a crowded course comes with the territory, but idiots that take 20 practice swings and then can't hit it out of their shadow, people who plumb-bob putts for triple, etc get under my skin.

2) People who don't rake bunkers (I ended up in footprints on two separate holes during my round Wednesday - both of which made reasonably easy sand saves into bogeys).

3) People who are too lazy to repair pitchmarks - greens that take a lot of short iron and wedge shots are invariably going to get beat up over time, but fix your pitchmarks, for god's sake.

4) Par 5's that have fairway bottlenecks - I hit the ball 300+ and I HATE having to hit a 2-iron off a par 5 tee - let me go up there and maul one!

5) Drunks who think they're at an NFL or NHL game where it's appropriate to hoot and holler all the time (different from yelling/swearing after a bad shot or cheering after a good shot where it's brief).

6) People who see me hit the ball a long way and automatically think I'm going to Q-school or ask if I'm on a mini-tour or something. I'm really NOT that good compared to the top talent we have here.

if you were pissed off to the point of hitting a 3wood at a guy i think 1 hole doesn't matter lol

I did think about running him over in the buggy but realised it would only lead to minor injuries as the cart only goes 15mph

Note: This thread is 3920 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!