IGNORED

Time to buy new irons

Note: This thread is 5007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys,

I think I am at the point where I would like a new set of irons.

I would like irons only, ( 3-pw ) as I am not a fan of hybrids. I went to the golf store and hit several hybrids to replace mine, but I just can't hit em, so I picked up some irons and can hit them much easier and cleaner.

I can now work the ball both left and right and get some spin, though not a lot. My handicap has also dropped a lot and would like to find some irons that would help me even more

I was looking at Nike VR Full Cavity's and Mizuno MX200, how are these? My budget sn;t much, $800 if I can sell my Slingshots for 200ish

Should I stick with the Slingshots until I drop to maybe a 7 handicap, or am I ready for something a but more advanced that I can get fitted at the same time.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

i think that anytime you can be fitted to clubs you should do it. i switched to my AP2's when i was about a 12 ish handicap and i love them. if you think you can handle a better players club now then you should do it while you are getting fit so you dont have to buy another set of clubs as your ballstriking improves

What I Play:
Titleist 910 D3 9.5* Diamana 'ahina X-stiff  | Titleist 909f2 13.5* x-stiff | Taylormade Rescue 19* steel shaft stiff |
Titleist ZB 3-PW S300 | Titleist BV SM 52-08 58-12  | 34" Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | Penta TP

I think you are in position to play the split nikes over the full.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

If you like Nike, and since you're a 10 HDCP, take a look at the VR Split Cavity. I test hit them at a demo day last month, and had several good shots. Plus, the prices should come down due to new models coming.

The PW is 47*, which would mesh nicely with your 52* PB.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have wanted to get fitted for the past few months, but I don;t really want to get fit for these Slingshots, and I have been told that they;re not really adjustable.

I would love the splits, but they're $1000 CAD

you could try getting fit to a club and shaft combo and then try and find the same combo used on ebay or your local golf store

What I Play:
Titleist 910 D3 9.5* Diamana 'ahina X-stiff  | Titleist 909f2 13.5* x-stiff | Taylormade Rescue 19* steel shaft stiff |
Titleist ZB 3-PW S300 | Titleist BV SM 52-08 58-12  | 34" Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | Penta TP

Ok, well I can get them at Golfsmith shipped for 650 USD, so around 680 CAD

Ok, probably gonna go with Splits.

Now I have to buy my other half some flowers and convince her it is very important I have these.

Ok, probably gonna go with Splits.

You know you can mix if you aren't sold on it, right? I'm about to pick up a mixed set of VR (probably a few FC and the rest TW). Be sure to go through the fitting - it's vital.

Now I have to buy my other half some flowers and convince her it is very important I have these.

Be sure to get her favorite kind of these!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

FYI on the split cavities there was another thread talking about them a week or so ago. Apparently the blades are actually more forgiving than the split cavities. Shanks-a-Million can explain more, or you can do a search.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

FYI on the split cavities there was another thread talking about them a week or so ago. Apparently the blades are actually more forgiving than the split cavities. Shanks-a-Million can explain more, or you can do a search.

Good memory! Yes, I'm the one who started the thread, and Shanks provided the explanation to me.

Anyone interested can view the thread here: http://thesandtrap.com/forum/threads...t-VR-mixed-set

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 5007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!