IGNORED

what are some good balls to play

Note: This thread is 5075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You can get that price at Target or Wal-Mart. BTW, this year Dick's has Soft Feels on sale for $30 for 2 dozen.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Wait. I thought the ball doesn't matter.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

I'm pretty sure you need a ball. Otherwise it's just going for a stroll with golf clubs. That actually sounds nice.

Anyway, Wilson all the way baby!!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

It does, to a point. Try out a box of Dunlops or Cougars sometime and you'll see what I mean.

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

It does, to a point. Try out a box of Dunlops or Cougars sometime and you'll see what I mean.

Oh, ok. Now I get it.

(I was kidding, bud)

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

Oh, ok. Now I get it.

Obviously...

Bridgestone RX-330S. Great ball.

In my stand bag....

Driver: Titleist 910D2 9.5
3 wood: R9 TP
Irons: R9 TP

Wedges: xFT 52*, 56*, 60* Putter: Circa '62 #3

Ball: Penta TP #13

In line with this thread rather than start another, what balls have you guys played that you find offer a lot of greenside spin but are in the more affordable category. I'm looking for better spin for the greens but don't want to shell out $40-50 bucks a dozen.
I'm playing Bridgestone E6's right now and love them off the tee and on iron shots, I just don't find they offer much spin around the green.

In my bag:

Nike SQ DYMO 10.5
Big Bertha 3 Wood
Big Bertha 3-10 IADAMS Tom Watson Classic 54,58 and 64 Wedges Nike Oz 5 Putter/Wilson Staff ( not sure model, bought it in second hand store ) Ball: Bridgestone E6

In line with this thread rather than start another, what balls have you guys played that you find offer a lot of greenside spin but are in the more affordable category. I'm looking for better spin for the greens but don't want to shell out $40-50 bucks a dozen.

What shots are you having problems with? I like the Wilson C:25 and Titleist NXT Tour, but I also don't mind a ball with less spin. I actually enjoy playing my pitch shots to a certain spot on the green where t will run out like a putt toward the cup. Hop and stop is nice on TV but in reality high cappers tend to do a lof of back and forth over the green trying to hit those shots. Get it on the ground ASAP is my motto - I'm so old!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Used grade AAA or better Pro V1x balls are not expensive and played well off the tees and around the greens.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher 9.5* (UST Proforce V2 65 R)
#3, #5, #7 and #9 Wood: Cleveland Launcher (Cleveland Gold, UST Proforce and Grafalloy ProLaunch regular shaft)
Hybrid irons: 5-6, Adams (Graphite Design YS+ Graphite R)
Irons: 7-PW, Adams Tech OS Hybrid (True Temper GS75 steel R)
Wedges: 52*...

Taylormade TP Black LDP, I've tried it. Good distance and nice feelings around the green

PENTA PENTA PENTA!!! I play black all the time and love the off green performance, but greenside they are like rocks. Penta's are like butta....soft and tasty. Seriously....distance and spin....the only thing is the price. I only have a sleeve and managed two rounds with out losing one.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

PENTA PENTA PENTA!!! I play black all the time and love the off green performance, but greenside they are like rocks. Penta's are like butta....soft and tasty. Seriously....distance and spin....the only thing is the price. I only have a sleeve and managed two rounds with out losing one.

I really want to try Penta TP but the price issue is really bothering me. Especially in Bangkok, Thailand. But, I think I might feel more comfortable hitting cheaper ball instead of premium ones just because.. my ball flight is really unpredictable right now. hehe

Btw, I'm very new here on this site.

Note: This thread is 5075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!