IGNORED

Tiger's Streak Still Alive?

ragontona
Note: This thread is 6422 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It looks like the European Tour events don't count towards any PGA Tour records, so his streak's still alive at six wins.

I'm not sure if I want to call this a streak anymore though. He teed it up at a tournament and lost in the first round. If this extends out to Nelson's record, will this deserve an asterisk?

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

• Administrator
It looks like the European Tour events don't count towards any PGA Tour records, so his streak's still alive at six wins.

a) I don't think he'll win another five in a row.

b) Byron set a PGA Tour record. There's no reason it wouldn't count. c) Tiger considers the streak over. d) He - or the people who want to make excuses on his behalf, since he is not - has two outs. First, it was a match play event in which he lost. Second, it wasn't a PGA Tour event.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Short answer: Tiger's PGA Tour win-streak is still on because thats just what it is... a PGA Tour winning streak. Has he won every event in that time span? No, but he's won every PGA Tour stop for six events.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Short answer: Tiger's PGA Tour win-streak is still on because thats just what it is... a PGA Tour winning streak. Has he won every event in that time span? No, but he's won every PGA Tour stop for six events.

Well, technically he has not. While Tiger was competing in the Ryder Cup,Sept 22-24, Eric Axley defeated Justin Rose, Dean Wilson, and Anthony Kim by 3 strokes to win the Valero Texas Open, in San Antonio held Sept 21-24. I do understand your point though. World events are not necessarily PGA Tour events. He has won the last 6 PGA Tour events he has entered.

J.P.

Bridgestone J33 10.5* Fujikura Rombax w
Bridgestone J33 15* Fujikura Zcom tw74
Tour Edge XCG 18* 3 hybrid Mizuno MP30 4-PW DG S300Vokey SM 52 bent 51Vokey Spin Milled 56 & 60Cameron Newport BchBridgestone B330s

• Administrator
Well, technically he has not. While Tiger was competing in the Ryder Cup,Sept 22-24, Eric Axley defeated Justin Rose, Dean Wilson, and Anthony Kim by 3 strokes to win the Valero Texas Open, in San Antonio held Sept 21-24.

Obviously it does not count events in which he did not play. Come on now, that's being rather silly. I don't even think Byron played 11 straight, and that was back in the day when they had to play a lot just to make a living.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

does it matter...he has secured his place in golf history like no other. I no longer see it as who is better Jack or Tiger...there is no doubt in my mind. As for Byrons record...may it rest in peace

I am fine with it counting. There is no way Tiger gets to 11- and it's not because Nelson was better.

Without even looking into the argument about better competition and blah blah blah- just look at it this way.

Tiger will only place twice more this year... even those events are going to be with a month in between starts. Then he shuts it down until next January. That is a long time to stay sharp enough not to lose to one person in one event. Tiger's 5th event from now will most likely be a Master's tuneup next March. He usually spends those events working on parts of his swing and as a buildup for Augusta- not always just to win.

Is he the best ever already? Probably. Will he EVER get to 11 straight- not the way he schedules his events...

Just an opinion.
In The Bag
Driver: Nike NDS
Hybrid: Ben Hogan CFTi 3 Hybrid (love it)
Irons: Nike NDS
Putter: Odyssey Ball: Titlist DT Solo Stat Tracker:www.oobgolf.com

• Administrator
Tiger will only place twice more this year... even those events are going to be with a month in between starts. Then he shuts it down until next January.

Twice? I can count to 1: Tour Championship. I'm fairly certain he's not playing any more events.

We won't see Tiger until The Tour Championship like Erik said. He has been around the world and back, and I'd say he deserves a few weeks off.

As for the streak, it's definitely still alive. Like Jeff said, it's a PGA Tour streak, and he hasn't lost a PGA Tour event since the Western Open.

I bet he wins The Tour Championship as well, but that will probably be the end of it. He might possibly win The Buick because he owns that tournament as well, but who knows. I don't know if he is playing the Mercedes either. He is certainly exempt for the event.

Note: This thread is 6422 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!