IGNORED

My Swing (SpringBokVol)

SpringBokVol
Note: This thread is 5009 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Okay folks... enjoy.

I have been working on my swing for a while and I am finally happy with this version. It is not where it needs to be and that's where you come in. But it is much better and a lot easier for me to repeat than my previous swing.

I wish I could post videos of the transformation. I would love to see how it has evolved.

Here are two videos with an 8 iron - 160 yards.

Down The Line:

Face On:

I will try and post some Driver swings later as well...

Thanks for the feedback.

In my bag:
Driver: R5 TP Diamana 83s Shaft
Fairway: Burner 15 degree Fujikura REAX
Hybrid: Custom 19 degree
Irons: DCI 990 S300 4-PW

Wedges: NF 52.04*, Spin Milled 56.10* and 60.08*

Putter: Red X3

Ball: ProV1

Shoe: Tour 360 LTD

Is it me or does my follow through look strange?

In my bag:

I slowed it down a bit for you. Nature of the processing makes it a bit jerky, but does help to better see the component parts -- which look pretty darn good to me, for what that's worth. Nice hip slide, nice knee action, divot looks well in front of the ball. I bet you hit it pretty solid!

Around impact (as close as I could slice it):

--

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The reason why your follow through looks different---you go into spine extension very early on the forward (down swing) and then go into relative flexion (compared to impact) in the follow through. Most golf swings-- you see people reaching maximum extension later in the swing (relative to your swing) and maintaining the extension (and even increasing) into follow through.
I think it's pretty amazing how early you are able to get your legs and spine to extend fully in the forward swing.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

• Administrator
Simplest thing you could do right now is to swing your arms down faster. They get left behind and it puts you in a compromised position.

Release accumulators #1 and #4 faster.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Baie dankie, Stretch. I wanted to post a slo mo version and I couldn't figure out how to do it. The camera I used is obviously not the best.

Iacas - My ball flight is usually a low to high penetrating flight. My main miss is a pull hook and I struggle with consistency with the long irons.

uttexas - thanks for the breakdown. That makes a lot of sense. I never thought of it in that way.

In my bag:

I think speeding up my arms will help me not get stuck on the long irons, yes?

In my bag:

i think you need to work on your feet positioning a little. You are using the traditional swing method so keep your right foot straight but the left foot open a little to the left since you are right handed. This will help you with your follow through when hitting the ball.

Simplest thing you could do right now is to swing your arms down faster. They get left behind and it puts you in a compromised position.

Thanks.

Can you please explain the accumulators #1 and #4 or point me to a thread I could read on that specific subject? Not sure what they are.

In my bag:

btw the reason why I say your stance is because you should always start by correcting anything thats off on your grip, stance and posture first, those are basic funadmentals of the swing. then start addressing issues with the swing.

Can you please explain the accumulators #1 and #4 or point me to a thread I could read on that specific subject? Not sure what they are.

Try this page. He discusses the power accumulators (it's Golfing Machine terminology) about half way down.

http://perfectgolfswingreview.net/overview.htm And/or watch this video: http://homepage.mac.com/brianmanzell...ellashort7.mp4

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

• Administrator
Try this page. He discusses the power accumulators (it's Golfing Machine terminology) about half way down.

It's a link in my signature, too. "Reference: Terms/Phrases I Use" is about as clear as I can make it, I think.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. Those accumulators are great.

In my bag:

• 2 weeks later...

Updated with Driver video. My normal miss is a pull hook. When I hit it well, it is normally a low ball flight, dead straight about 265 carry.

Here is impact position:

Attachment 2407

Here is DLT view:

Here is FO view:

I see a few fixes I need to make already, one being I lift my right foot very early in the downswing.

What do you guys see that I can work on to maximize distance and consistency?

Thank you.

In my bag:

Don't be shy. Comments are wanted.

Also anyone know how to get the videos to play back in slow motion?

Please leave comments.

Thanks for looking.

In my bag:

• Administrator
You pull-hook the ball because your path is not as in to out as you probably think and you don't go forward as much, so when your timing is off and you're "releasing" the club too much, the ball goes left to left.

there is too much body movement and swaying. It looks like a swing that I have tried where I focus on weight shift and tempo,personally I never like this type of swing,just too big of lower body movement on the backswing . I would keep the backswing shorter and keep the hands more away from my body on the backswing and let the weight shift happen naturally and be more aggressive with the hip on the downswing like iacas says so that it creats more spring effect between the lower and upper body.

When you move your lower body that much on the backswing,hard to create the proper coiling of the body and it creates a moving center. To me in a golf swing there should be something to pivot against but when you there is no center,where do you pivot??

Both great points. I do totally feel as though I am swinging more in to out that I actually am.

It is definitely a swing that sways and is relying a lot on timing and tempo. Erik nailed what my miss is. And it is caused because I am not centered over the ball when I release the club.

I like the thought of having something to pivot around. With my irons I concentrate on pivoting around my right knee. I should try and do that with the driver swing.

Thanks.

In my bag:

Note: This thread is 5009 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!