IGNORED

Rate Your Game Right Now

CG031
Note: This thread is 5018 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Driving and fairway woods: 25 handicap- Im slicing, hooking, just spraying ball off the tee everywhere :)
Irons: 10 handicap- Although I am going through a swing change, irons are usually solid
Wedges: 20 handicap- Im more accurate with a 6 iron in hand than a wedge right now :(
Short game: 1 handicap- Saving my game right now
Putting: 3 handicap- this and short game balance out my current hacker swing :)

G15 9* TFC 149D Stiff
R9 15* Fujikura Motore Regular
MP-57 3-PW
52*
Z TP 60* black series tour designs #2 34" Prov1 stratus stand bag

Driving and fairway woods: 5: been comfortable with it for awhile. Was struggling with hooking but nothing a little range session can't fix. I still need to keep myself from taking the club back too shallow but been comfortable with it.
Irons: 3: This is where my single handicap comes in I think. Accuracy has been great and ball striking has been great...just working on getting it closer to the pin, rather than just getting it on the green.
Wedges: 8: standard wedge shots I'm very happy with...my problem is with those tricky flop shop, for some reason I've had some bad bladed shots trying to flop it up. Need to work on confidently swinging through with my wedge instead of thinking too much about it.
Putting: 10: 3 putting for bogey...this is a problem, a huge problem for me. Sucks when you get it on green in two on a par 4, then to putt short, leaving a 4 ft foot...which I stupidly miss because I misread the greens.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Thought this would be a fun thread, and a way of discussing what needs to be improved with your own personal game.

Driving: As good as it can get when it's on (can bust it 330+ and hit mid-irons into par 5's) - when it's off, I don't even bother hitting woods off the tee, even if it's a long par-4. I wish I could hit a fade, as it would be advantageous on many holes where I have to either throttle back or hit a 2-iron off the tee to avoid trouble.

Mid to long irons: I usually strike the ball reasonably well but have a propensity to trap-draw mid and longer irons, resulting in missing long and left. Short irons/wedges: Unless I'm really stinking it up, I can get the ball inside 30 ft 75% of the time. Sand game: Sucks. Reason I missed the cut in Hampton Open. Pitch shots/lob wedge shots: I practice them all the damn time so I am pretty confident with them - just have to hit the target and assess the runway (green) required to stop the ball. Chipping: Serviceable - can usually get it inside 5 ft unless there's a funky green. Putting: Sucks worse than my sand game. Worst putter in the blitz. Since I have dinged up my putter from throwing it so damn much (I got it for $20 off ebay), it may be time to look at a new one.

Currently a 25.

Driver: 25 - I think my slicing is fairly under control, but we'll see. Still a short hitter, though, my best half of my drives probably average 190 or so yards, but that's partially because I've forced myself to dial back my speed a little.
Hybrids: ? - I don't know yet, I just got them.
Irons: 35 - My last three games I've torn up the entire course with my iron play, in a bad way. I'm changing my swing, though, so hopefully that'll improve. Before the meltdown I'd have given it a 27ish.
Pitching: 18 - From 30 yards out I feel fairly comfortable, I think about half the time I'll put it within 20 feet.
Chipping: 16 - My up-and-down percentage is fairly decent.
Sand: 36 - Occasionally I'll get out OK, but the sand scares me. I never practice it because the course I usually play only has 3 bunkers, one of them to the side of the fairway. (No exaggeration, literally 3 bunkers.) It's not a high priority now, but it will be eventually, I need to be at least competent at getting the ball out even if I can't get up-and-down.
Putting: 20 - A couple times a game I'll have a horribly mis-calculated lag putt from 25+ ft that leaves me with a 3 putt half the time, but the rest of the time I'm a consistent two-putter and I have a half decent change of making 10 footers.

Definitely the driver and irons that are my weakness. I'm trying to put a lot of balls through on those clubs these next few weeks. I think my putting will improve as I get used to my gating swing, I've had a few near misses per round as of late, hopefully I'll get them to start dropping soon.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Driver: 16 handicap Most of my misses are left, which is easily adjusted to, but once or twice a round I will hit a huge push which usually puts me OB or right into an adjoining FW with me attempting a hero shot.
Fairway Woods/Hybrids: 10 handicap. Love my 3W and 3 and 4 hybrids.
Irons: 10 handicap. I have been hitting GIR with more regularity than ever before. Even from the rough.
Wedges: 10 handicap. One of the best parts of my game right now. Within 30 feet from 100 yards out 8/10 times.
Short Game: 10 handicap. I have been working on chipping with my PW and 8i. Getting the ball low and running is leading to more up and downs for par and bogey.
Scrambling: 10 handicap. With my driver putting me in so much trouble I'm decent at hitting the low runner, or the high lob over trees. I do have issues slicing it out of trouble, but the hook is no problem.
Putting: 36 handicap. Since i began hitting 6-10 GIR, I 3 putt an average of 3 times per 18 holes. The GIR are not leading to birdies, which is frustrating because I need the birdies to offset the doubles that creep up on me. Mucho work is needed on the flat stick!

When i take a step back and look at it, I have come a LOOOONG way this year compared to my game last year. I'll never be satisfied though and that's what keeps me coming back for more punishment!

Driving - 239432394.8 handicap. I slice almost everything and can't figure out why, so I put the driver in the bag 2 months ago and haven't used it since. Just got a new Callaway FT iQ 11* though, opposed to the shitty Slazenger starter driver I was using, so hopefully that fixes some things because I have a good swing fundamentally.
Woods/Hybrids - See driving
Long Irons - 10 handicap. I'm usually money off the tee with a 4 or 5 iron, with rolls to around or over 200 yards.
Short Irons - 10 handicap. Can get anything from a 7 iron in to on the green or within a few yards of the green.
Wedges - 14 handicap. Pretty good with pitching and flopping, but my full shots leave a little to be desired.
Putting - 8 handicap. I RARELY 3 putt anymore, and the last few times I went out I made multiple putts of over 20 feet.

Note: This thread is 5018 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!