IGNORED

Favre has retired.....again

TN94z
Note: This thread is 4997 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

He'll be back.....again
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 2009 FW: Adams Tight Lies 3w Irons: Bridgestone Precept Tour Premium EC603 3-PW Wedges: Cleveland DW/SW Adams LW Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG Marxman

As a huge Vikings fan, I don't know if I have in my heart to forgive him after he cost us a trip to to Super Bowl. I knewhe had that game, you know he had that game, even he knows he had that game, but he stil made that one stupid mistake that cost us huge. I know he probably got us that far, but I still can't see a way to forgive him.

As a huge Vikings fan, I don't know if I have in my heart to forgive him after he cost us a trip to to Super Bowl. I knewhe had that game, you know he had that game, even he knows he had that game, but he stil made that one stupid mistake that cost us huge. I know he probably got us that far, but I still can't see a way to forgive him.

You were nowhere near that game without him-had possibly his best season

ever . You can forgive him.

Now you know what it was like to be a Packers fan for all those years. For every brilliant play Favre will make, he will throw just as much picks by trying to force the ball into triple coverage.

You cant lay it all on him though. You win as a team and you lose as team.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Sounds like he is back, since 3 vikes kidnapped him and took him on a plane to Minnesota.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Just saw on MSNBC a few minutes ago that unconfirmed reports say Favre has returned to Minnesota and will play another season with the Vikings.
My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

Tavaris Jackson....PWNT!!!!
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Just saw on MSNBC a few minutes ago that unconfirmed reports say Favre has returned to Minnesota and will play another season with the Vikings.

Yeah the vikes sent 3 team mates to get a definite answer on Favres return. He needs to stop being a puss and either play or retire. Commit to something already. Why all the attention •••••-ness and having the vikes begging him before he commits. It puts the staff and owners in a weird spot because he played so good last year to deal with it a little, but cmon.

09 Burner driver
3-pw Dci 962 irons
54-11 gw
Backstryke 2 Ball putter

There is so much junk going around about Favre and so much of it is just BS. Don't buy into the media (ESPN, in particular) hype. Farve finished the season, told the Vikings he'd see how he felt and let them know if he was going to play. They said that was fine. He had his ankle surgery, started working out with the high school kids he works out with and is doing exactly what he told the Viking's he'd do (and that they OK'd). He'd let them know when he knows. In the mean time Sage threw for 300+ yards last week letting everyone know that the team will be just fine either way. Of course they'll be better than Farve. Yesterday 3 of Brett's teammates flew down to see him. No need for all the media hype. These are veteran players who have played with him before and want their best shot at a ring so they gave it a shot. That's cool. The ridiculous media coverage of Farve getting on a plane and of him helping coach kids, isn't Brett's doing. He just went to the airport and caught a ride to Minn. ESPN shouldn't be showing coverage of him getting on and off the plane and all that, it's pitiful and it's their hype not his. I hope he comes back to play and kicks butt and has fun doing it.

What's in my bag?
Bigger Sticks....: Driver: ping.gif G15 9* Fairwayping.gif 4-wood  Hybrids: 4,5  taylormade.gif Rescue Dual
Smaller Sticks...: Irons:  ping.gif G15 5-PW Wedges: titleist.gif Vokey Wedges 48, 52, 56 degree
Flatter Stick......:  odyssey.gif 2-ball putter
Not a Stick.........: Ball:  titleist.gif Dt So/Lo or NXT Tour  Bag:  taylormade.gif Catalina clicgear.gif

There is so much junk going around about Favre and so much of it is just BS. Don't buy into the media (ESPN, in particular) hype. Farve finished the season, told the Vikings he'd see how he felt and let them know if he was going to play. They said that was fine. He had his ankle surgery, started working out with the high school kids he works out with and is doing exactly what he told the Viking's he'd do (and that they OK'd). He'd let them know when he knows. In the mean time Sage threw for 300+ yards last week letting everyone know that the team will be just fine either way. Of course they'll be better than Farve. Yesterday 3 of Brett's teammates flew down to see him. No need for all the media hype. These are veteran players who have played with him before and want their best shot at a ring so they gave it a shot. That's cool. The ridiculous media coverage of Farve getting on a plane and of him helping coach kids, isn't Brett's doing. He just went to the airport and caught a ride to Minn. ESPN shouldn't be showing coverage of him getting on and off the plane and all that, it's pitiful and it's their hype not his. I hope he comes back to play and kicks butt and has fun doing it.

My only question is, if what you say is true, then he was still under the same contract, right? If that's the case, then why did they give him more money to come back this year? If this was the plan all along, why not just stick to the contract he was under? IMO, it almost sounds like he was holding out for more money.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My only question is, if what you say is true, then he was still under the same contract, right? If that's the case, then why did they give him more money to come back this year? If this was the plan all along, why not just stick to the contract he was under? IMO, it almost sounds like he was holding out for more money.

The money probably helps him deal with the "pain".

Maybe he stuffs the extra millions of dollars into his sock for ankle support.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

It is true that he does this because he doesnt like training camp, but part of it too is that Favre just likes the attention. Its going to be interesting to see what happens. There are some questions as to how good the Vikings will be this year. A lot of people dont think they are as good this year as they were last year. Also, Green Bay looks to be really strong this year and a lot of people are predicting them to be Super Bowl contenders. It could be a great year for the Packers/Vikings rivalry.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Favre played out of his mind last year until it really mattered. It was an anomaly and I really don't think he can duplicate his regular season success. It should be a good year for the Packers!

Always Happy, Never Satisfied

It is true that he does this because he doesnt like training camp, but part of it too is that Favre just likes the attention. Its going to be interesting to see what happens. There are some questions as to how good the Vikings will be this year. A lot of people dont think they are as good this year as they were last year. Also, Green Bay looks to be really strong this year and a lot of people are predicting them to be Super Bowl contenders. It could be a great year for the Packers/Vikings rivalry.

He's a older version of Ocho Cinco.

Note: This thread is 4997 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!