IGNORED

Mizuno MX-300

Dave H
Note: This thread is 5017 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Agree to disagree-didn't find them to be all that different.

I guess it's not as noticeable to better players. :)

But for us higher handicap players, I found it to be quite different. I did like the smaller face and less offset at address, so I went with the MX-300 Dan

In my Revolver bag:

| Driver | Burner 460 9.5°
| Wood | Burner Plus 3 wood
| Hybrid | 22° Rescue Dual| Irons | MX-300 / Grads| Wedge | Spin milled 54°, 60°| Putter | Studio Newport 2.5 35"| Balls | NXT, Pro V1x DDH SF Tour, Pinnacle logo overruns :)

I went from AP1's to the MX-25 (MX-200 is the newer replacement). AND there is no comparison between forged and cast..night and day. I'm play it with the DGSL R300 and it launches it MUCH higher than the DGSL shaft int he AP1's. I didn't get the MX-300 as the offset was less and the MX-25/200 were similar to the AP1's. Hands down..get the MX-200/25.

At first, I was contemplating between the MX-200 and the AP1s. I liked both but loved the feel of the AP1. The only thing I didn't like was its bulkiness.

I honestly couldn't tell the difference between forged and cast. With my limited experience, I guess it's hard to notice the difference. Both nice clubs, nonetheless. Dan

In my Revolver bag:

| Hybrid | 22° Rescue Dual| Irons | MX-300 / Grads| Wedge | Spin milled 54°, 60°| Putter | Studio Newport 2.5 35"| Balls | NXT, Pro V1x DDH SF Tour, Pinnacle logo overruns :)

I guess it's not as noticeable to better players. :)

My mistake-I should have clarified that I didn't find them all that different to

hit . They did look a little different (can't agree with "quite"). Either way, great clubs, can't believe they're discontinuing the MX-300s already.

My mistake-I should have clarified that I didn't find them all that different to

I understand.

But what? They're discontinuing the MX-300? Maybe I should've waited for the newer version then. Argh. I should've known when they were discounting $100. Dan

In my Revolver bag:

I understand.

I think you made the right choice. I saw a picture of the new iron and didn't care for it (obviously just an aesthetic judgment). Newer isn't always better, MX-300s are great.

I think you made the right choice. I saw a picture of the new iron and didn't care for it (obviously just an aesthetic judgment). Newer isn't always better, MX-300s are great.

Thanks. :)

Where did you see the pics of the new iron?

In my Revolver bag:

I was set on Mizunos until i tried the Ap1's I currently have in my bag so..... Yeah. Everyones different.

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks. :)

There was a link on golfwrx, but it was removed, and it appears all pics have been taken down for the time being. I think they'll be available from Mizuno in a couple weeks (pics that is).

I just bought the MX-300's 4 months ago and have played them weekly.

I am a little bummed right now to just learn (here on this forum) that they are being discontinued... but hey, if something new is brewing at Mizuno in this line (MX-300) I will be the first to demo it.

I love my MX-300's.

I think it was an easy sell for me, they were accurate, sexy and I was coming in from having played a set of PING G-10's for about a year. I hated the G-10's. What sold me was the FEEL of the MX-300's. Such a nice smooth "click" compared to my cast G-10's.

I never hit the MX-200's as I was trying to get away from GI irons as far as I could within my own game. MP-s were tour player's type irons (I am not at that level yet) and MX-300's were touted as almost player's irons. So maybe it was an ego stroke?

Maybe a factor in that was that I could actually hit the MX-300's well enough to get serious Golf Chubbage overwhelmed me and made me a fan... I don't know. It could be that I am fooling myself into thinking these aren't shovel GI irons.. they certainly do not look like shovels. And there is that factor of only hitting cast clubs (G-10's) for all that time and then having the orgasmic experience of pure buttery forged bliss.

Regardless, it really is a personal preference. ABOVE ALL WHATEVER YOU DO MAKE SURE YOU GET PROFESSIONALLY FITTED BY A PRO WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

Makes an enormous difference.

Noggs~

Putter: Scotty Cameron Squareback #2... pimped out at the custom shop!
Driver: Adams Speedline Fast10 draw, Wasabe Adila S Flex
Irons: Mizuno MP-58's 4-GW and also play the Adams CB-1's 5-GW w/ KBS soft stepped shafts
Wedge: Mizuno mp T-10 56/13
Wedge: Ping Tour 54/11Hybrid: Adams Idea black 21...

I've had my MX300's for about 6 weeks now.

I love them. I tried every other iron in the store and I really don't have anything else to say. I couldn't find anything with a similar feel and look that matched me as well. Perfect for me because you can tell exactly how you mishit without completely losing a stroke. Just what I needed where my game is right now.

Hey guys, just got back from a vacation with no internet...I've been jonesing for the sand trap!!! just kidding. Thanks for all the replies about the MX-300s. I'm pretty sold on them and hope to get a set before they are gone...

Note: This thread is 5017 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!