IGNORED

"Putt to Win" by Dave Stockton

iacas
Note: This thread is 3657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Discuss "Putt to Win: Secrets For Mastering the Other Game of Golf" by Dave Stockton here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm about 3/4 of the way through with it. I'm a little confused about the position of the fingers and palms relative to the shaft. Does anyone have any input on this or any links to videos by Stockton?
ogio.gif  Grom Stand Bag: Stealth
ping.gif     G15  10 .5, G10 3W,  5W, S-57 3-W, Tour-W 50, 5 6, 60 : Redwood Anser Black Satin 34.5"
titleist.gif     Ball: ProV1

• 2 weeks later...
Finished this book a week ago. Took some of the pointers to the practice green and course over the last week. What a difference both with the forward press and without. It took me a while to understand what he meant by keeping the 'Hands Vertical' but it's made a world of difference in my putting. I would say I've probably saved between 2 - 3 putts per round by applying Dave's principals of rolling the ball.

One principal that both helped and hurt me was to try and look at the target rather than the back of the ball. On the first hole of my last round I missed the green and chipped to 15' above the hole. However I saved par with a right to left break shot, never once looking at the ball with a slight forward press and stroke of the ball. Man... I was gang busters, however later in the round employing the same technique I hit the turf and hit the putt fat, got frustrated and 3 putted. I'll chalk that up to just starting out... and continue to see how many more strokes on the dance floor I can save.
ogio.gif  Grom Stand Bag: Stealth
ping.gif     G15  10 .5, G10 3W,  5W, S-57 3-W, Tour-W 50, 5 6, 60 : Redwood Anser Black Satin 34.5"
titleist.gif     Ball: ProV1

• 3 years later...

I just finished watching Stockton's video "unconscious putting" with demonstration with his sons.

Its very light , with relying on positive thinking and making the stroke 'your signature"

The one part  I liked was about how Stockton liked to emphasis think of "rolling" the ball rather than "hitting" a putt.

PS on another note I watch part of "lessons of lifetime" by Tom Watson this past weekend as well.

There is more content in comparison to "unconscious putting"  Did not' watch the whole video, I was more interested in chipping and putting. I like the part where Tom is demonstrating chipping from various stance/lies.

Note: This thread is 3657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!