IGNORED

All year round golf?!

damoc1
Note: This thread is 5808 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm gonna put my vote in for Myrtle Beach S.C.Yes it gets hot and humid in the summer but so does Long Island and it never goes single digits in the winter.Yes there are some frost delays in winter but a mean of 50 in winter is fine with me.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

its a must to be able to play year round how far north can i go before its not realistic to play year round... (eastern side of usa) ...im from eastern canada

I am in North Carolina, and I play year around. There are realistically about 10 days out of the year that cant be played because it is too cold. Wait a day or 2 and you can play. Winter months are generally mid 50's or higher. Today, it was 78 degrees.

John

IN THE BAG

Driver - 905T / 8.5 / Speeder Stiff3 Wood - G5 / 13 degree / Stock X-StiffIrons - G5 / 4-PW / Stock Stiff Wedges - Vokey / 252.08, 256.14, 260.08Putter - Old School B60Ball - Pro-V1

We’ve been able to get out quite a bit this winter in West by God. Was in the low 60’s Saturday, Sunday, and Monday with just an occasional drizzle.

In the bag

Driver 905R, 9.5 Aldila NV65S
3 Wood 960 F2, 13.0 Aldila NV65S
5 Wood 975F, 18.5 Proforce 65SHybrid 503H, 22 deg. DG â S3004 â PW 735 CM, DG â S300SW Volkey 256.10, DG â S300LW Volkey 260.4, DG â S300Putter Scotty Cameron Studio Design 5 Ball Pro-V1x or Pro-V1...

I agree with flap. The Myrtle Beach area affords good golf year-round. I got to Pawleys Island on Dec. 26 and played three rounds by the time I got on a plane to Phoenix on Jan 3. On the morning of the 4th we had a frost delay at the Phoenician course, and the next day at Talking Stick. When I got back to Pawleys I played a round on the 7th in warm weather. I admit, I did get rained out on the 8th.

But I've been rained out in Las Vegas, snowed out in Colorado Springs, etc. So no place is perfect. As flap noted, Myrtle gets pretty muggy and sticky in the summer months. But it allows me to play all year 'round.

People tout Myrtle Beach as a year around golf area and it really is. But, its takes hardy people to play these courses here, when it is damp, under 50 and very windy as it can be here all of Jan and Feb in any given year. I played last week at 52 degrees, dry with 30mph gusts wind chill into the 30s and you can have it. Not for me and really almost no one else as the Legends course was pretty empty. As for the summer, I 'll take high 90s anytime.

• 3 weeks later...

San Diego, CA

If you can stand the bitter cold winters 72F and the blazing hot summers 74F, you'll be fine.

In my bag
Driver: Burner 460 9.5°
Fairway: V-Steel 15°
Utility: Rescue Dual 16°, 22°
Irons: 755 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey 50°, SM 56°, SM 64°Putter: Newport 2 Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1

San Diego, CA

Its the bitter high California greens fees that turn me off. Sure the weather's 74 but the greens fees are $125.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
I'll throw this out for those considering Vegas. But consider also that I prefer to play in HOT temps.

It gets COLD in Vegas in late December, January, and early Feb. Jan, Feb, and March can also be some of the most windy months of the year, although that is a regular feature here that you don't really notice while on the strip. By cold I mean 40 to 45 daytime highs many days.

If it's perfect weather you want, come in April, May, Sept, Oct, Nov. Hot months are June, July, and August, but really far cooler than Palm Springs or Phoenix at the same time of year.

So, yes, we can golf year round, but I shut it down outside X-mas till late Feb and practice indoors.

Still, many people don't.

J.P.

Bridgestone J33 10.5* Fujikura Rombax w
Bridgestone J33 15* Fujikura Zcom tw74
Tour Edge XCG 18* 3 hybrid Mizuno MP30 4-PW DG S300Vokey SM 52 bent 51Vokey Spin Milled 56 & 60Cameron Newport BchBridgestone B330s

I currently reside in NE Alabama and could play on average between 40-44 weeks of golf per year. There is the occasional week or two that dips below the freezing mark and we do get late season snow & ice. However, being in the middle of the Tennessee River Valley and on the foothills of the Appalachians, the spring, summer, and fall months are much more enjoyable than anywhere south of Atlanta. Being blessed with such a diverse climate in our community, we enjoy playing on both Bermuda and Bentgrass putting surfaces all year round. The summer & winter temps are mild for the "deep south" and the low cotton & soybean fields allow what seems like a constant breeze to always be blowing.

Vegas is great...play year round. It gets a littel cold in the winter months if the wind is blowing and summer is hot if you tee off anytime after 8:30am but if you can get an early tee time in the summer like 6 or 7am it's perfect. Also summer time in the afternoon some places drop the green fees to 50-75% off casue of the heat so if you can stand the heat you can play some nice course for cheap.

My god you people make me jealous. Here in Hooterville we play from April to October if we are lucky.

Would anyone like to adopt me?

In January and February the temps are almost always below zero farenheit, and usually about 2 to 3 feet of snow on the ground. BTW, this is just reserved for us dumbasses that live on the Canadian praries. You can play in the Interior of BC year round (weather is just like Seattle) and you can probably get rounds in, in Southern Ontario in the winter, but its a crap shoot.

On the other hand..has anyone attempted a 24 hour round? I looked into a golf course in Fairbanks and in late June the sun stays up the entire year. When I emailed them, they wrote me back and said "easily done..we would give you a 24 hour rate..or something" It was like no one had ever asked before.

What's in my bag:
Driver : R7, 10.5 degree, stock stiff shaft
16 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler DWS, with stiff stock shaft
20 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler, with Accra Shaft, Stiff
26 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler, with Accra Shaft, Stiff6 - PW - Bridgestone CG Mid, Dynamic Gold LiteWedges : TBA...

Texas if you can stand the heat - San Antonio in July will cook but if you really had to play every weekend - can be done.

Andrew

I wouldn't know but I can tell you where it's NOT good... That would be New Hampshire. Geez, it sucks here during the winter.

I imagine Florida, Arizona and California are nice. Any warm climate. San Diego, CA. Never actually been there but have heard the weather is pretty much perfect all the time.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

• 2 weeks later...
Its the bitter high California greens fees that turn me off. Sure the weather's 74 but the greens fees are $125.

Not if you're a resident of San Diego. I can play Torrey Pines every weekend if I want, and 18 holes on the North Course is $34. The championship South Course is where they really gouge you -- a whopping $45!

• 1 year later...
San Diego County has some great course that wont destroy your wallet. This new course The Crossings at Carlsbad looks pretty sweet http://www.thecrossingsatcarlsbad.co...=182&page;=3854 . Greens fees arent too bad either.

San Diego is a great place to play year-round golf. Even if its raining it clears up within a couple minutes usually.

DRIVER: MACTEC NVG2 Draw 10.5*
WOODS: Big Bertha Warbird 3&7 wood
IRONS: Magique Custom 3-9
WEDGES: PW, Horizon 56*, The Pirate 60*
PUTTER: ????BALLS: Laddie ExtremeMy Scores-http://www.oobgolf.com/golfers/pinbacksc

this place looks awesome!

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5808 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!