IGNORED

Nike Golf Ball question

Note: This thread is 4998 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just bought a box of Nike Power distance soft balls. First time I played and did not lose one ball. I liked it, around the green my chips tend to run more with other balls and I was looking for something to allow for the ball to stop more. Seemed to work out really nice.

MX-23 3i-PW : FT IZ Tw9 52

Just bought a box of Nike Power distance soft balls. First time I played and did not lose one ball. I liked it, around the green my chips tend to run more with other balls and I was looking for something to allow for the ball to stop more. Seemed to work out really nice.

Does it say "PD Soft" on the ball? I have some Nike balls like that in the bag with my old set. Off the driver they feel soft but average distancewise, but off short and mid-irons they're really long - like almost 2 clubs long.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Does it say "PD Soft" on the ball? I have some Nike balls like that in the bag with my old set. Off the driver they feel soft but average distancewise, but off short and mid-irons they're really long - like almost 2 clubs long.

Yes they said PD soft, I did not notice much difference with the irons. I was hitting the Maxfli revolution solid balls before. I would say the distance off the tee is about the same, but last time before the switch I was having a bitch of a time getting off the tee (bad slice). I played the Nike and the slice went away (but i highly doubt it was the ball). Around the green the nike stuck when it hit which is what I am looking for.

MX-23 3i-PW : FT IZ Tw9 52

Yes they said PD soft, I did not notice much difference with the irons. I was hitting the Maxfli revolution solid balls before. I would say the distance off the tee is about the same, but last time before the switch I was having a bitch of a time getting off the tee (bad slice). I played the Nike and the slice went away (but i highly doubt it was the ball). Around the green the nike stuck when it hit which is what I am looking for.

Yeah, they stuck okay, I just had to take one less club and choke down. Hey, that's probably why I scored better - should maybe get more of those.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

So I am looking to switch to Nike golf balls. I never really pay to much attention to which ones I have hit in the past but I have not hit a Nike golf ball that I didnt like. So I am trying to decide on the Vapor or the Crush. My concern is that the Crush will be too soft like the Bridgestone e6 was. I hated that golf ball but I like the idea of less SS because of my slice. Any advice from anyone who is familiar with Nike golf balls would be appreciated.

A little off of subject--my ss is 108 mph and I really like the e6+ as a winter ball. I can get as much distance in the winter as I do in the summer with the e6+. It is my understanding that the Vapor & Crush are Nikies answer the the mid level ball. Like the Bridgestone e series or the Titleist NXT series.

At the price the Nike One Tour and One Tour D balls are at... i'd grab those over the Crush and Vapor.

Local Golf Galaxy here is going out of business and I dropped by and bought 3 dozen Nike One Tour D for $22 each. Bridgestone E6 is on sale for $20 each.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

how are the nike one tour d's compared to the titleist prov1x's?

the tour d is nike's pro v1x

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

as James_Black stated, the Nike One Tour D was Nike's answer to ProV1X. I haven't recently extensively played the ProV1x or the One Tour D so I'm not the best person to give a review, but from what I understand, the purpose is rather similar.

Its a tour distance ball so softer core with good spin but not as much spin as ProV1 or Nike One Tour.

But for $22 a dozen, I figured its a great deal and I have heard good things about the ball, so figured I'd give it a try. I definitely liked the Nike One Tour that I've been playing off and on (switching back and forth with E6).

Now, as for playing Nike One Tour vs ProV1... I never played them side by side but I really have no complains about the Nike One Tour. Both are high spin balls so I knew what I was expecting. Distance is pretty consistent as any other ball I've played. I can get the ball to check rather easily, etc. If the Nike One Tour was priced at $45 like it was previously, I'd take ProV1...but since the Nike One Tour dropped in price everywhere to $35, I'd say I'd rather save $10 and play the One Tour than the Prov1.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

I've experimented a little bit with the Nike One Tour vs ProV1 (neither are my ball of choice, so take it for what it is and it was only a couple of rounds of trying the two balls) - but I found the ProV1 was 10-20 yards longer than the Nike Tour. There was definately a difference in feel off wedges and especially off the putter between the two. Best way to describe, I guess, is that the ProV felt like a sponge and the Nike felt a little more firm.

I didn't notice much difference in spin rates. Then again I don't spin it back very often. But they both checked up equally as well in chips and one hop and stop on flop shots.

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

I've experimented a little bit with the Nike One Tour vs ProV1 (neither are my ball of choice, so take it for what it is and it was only a couple of rounds of trying the two balls) - but I found the ProV1 was 10-20 yards longer than the Nike Tour. There was definately a difference in feel off wedges and especially off the putter between the two. Best way to describe, I guess, is that the ProV felt like a sponge and the Nike felt a little more firm.

10-20 yards difference?

You sure? I knew the tour was a little softer but i don't think a change in ball could do that.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

20 is probably a stretch.... But I would say I forsure found the ProV to be 10 yards longer then the Nike One Tour, off the driver, anyways. I tried to play the Nike One Tour for a couple of months. I loved the feel of the ball and control of the ball - but I always struggled with how short it seemed off the tee. So...just to compare an equivalent type ball, I tried the ProV1 and was surprised to find them longer.

That's just my experience anyways.

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

I liked the Nike Crush ball. It's long and straight. Not all that much spin around the greens, but maybe more than a comparable Top Flite XL7000 Super Straight. One comparable ball is probably the Titleist NXT or NXT Extreme.

The club selection of a true hacker:

Driver: Nike Dymo2 SQ
3 and 5 Wood: Nike Dymo2 SQ
Irons: Adams Idea Tech OS Hybrid Irons (5-PW)
Wedges: Maxfli 56* and 60*
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1 in Copper

your really picky......

I'm not picky at all and actually that is just about the only ball that I have not liked at all.

In My Bag:

Driver:
Hybrid:
Irons: Putter:

Note: This thread is 4998 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!