IGNORED

Where Are Those 300 Yard Videos?

Note: This thread is 4993 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The only video I have uploaded of my swing right now is hitting a hybrid indoors this past winter. I average 290-295yards with a couple over 300 (maxing out at 310 or so) during a round...

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i really like your swing. from the looks of it, I'd guess you typically hit a nice fade with your drives and FW woods?

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

i really like your swing. from the looks of it, I'd guess you typically hit a nice fade with your drives and FW woods?

Thanks man! My swing has actually changed quite a bit since that video which was taken in December. Good guess on the ball flight. At that time in the winter, I certainly hit fades and pull fades because as I had a little bit of a over the top hitch in the down swing. I've fixed that a lot this season and now come more in-to-out with more of a push draw flight on my driver, hybrids, and long irons.. Luckily, my mid-to short irons fly pretty straight (mostly due to the shorter shafts in those irons and less of an in-to-out swing).

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

The only video I have uploaded of my swing right now is hitting a hybrid indoors this past winter. I average 290-295yards with a couple over 300 (maxing out at 310 or so) during a round...

Tiger dip!

Nice swing man, looks like you're getting plenty of power into it

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Tiger dip!

You watched Rory´s swing lately? A dipping head is nothing bad...

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Tiger dip!

Ths dip is certainly there...crazy enough, the angle of this video doesn't give my dip justice lol...

Deryck Griffith

I can probably hit a drive over those mountains.

Seriously, if you're putting it out there 300 consistently and you're not a scratch or better...WTF??!?!? You've developed the swing to pound it like that but can't be bothered with practicing a wedge? Either this board is full of liars, or it's full of folks who play golf like it's a video game.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Awesome. Every time I try to justify myself recording myself, you know, in the interest of gathering data to use to fix my golf swing; every time I think of this scene and say to myself "we'd have taken state."

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I understand your point, but scratch or better isn't easily accomplished. Hitting 300 yards has little to do with feel, finesse shots and short game mastery. Such statements do a huge disservice to the hard work of scratch players.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Scratch or better isn't easily accomplished at all. I'd be willing to bet that it has very little to do with driving distance as much as a consistent and reliable game from 100 yards and in. Hitting 300 yards has little to do with feel or finesse shots, and such statements do a huge disservice to the hard work of true scratch players.

Go back and read what I said again....

"Seriously, if you're putting it out there 300 consistently and you're not a scratch or better...WTF??!?!? You've developed the swing to pound it like that but can't be bothered with practicing a wedge? Either this board is full of liars, or it's full of folks who play golf like it's a video game." -Thank you, drive through. I agree with you, Scratchy.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Not sure what your POV was on that - not every scratch golfer can hit even a single 300 yarder and not every 300+ (typical) driver is scratch or even has the potential to be scratch.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

sean,

I've never seen anybody who hits a consistent long ball off the tee (meaning generally near right fairway, as well) who didn't have a good golf swing. If you have a good golf swing and can play decently from 150 yards and in...you're potential to be a low capper, even scratch, is very good.

I'm off to make a video of me hitting a ball across Lake Erie. Later, guys.

Awesome. Every time I try to justify myself recording myself, you know, in the interest of gathering data to use to fix my golf swing; every time I think of this scene and say to myself

my gf always make fun of me this way... back in HS I was a good golfer (2hc) but after i didn't get onto the UW team, I kinda lost any dream of becomnig a great golfer...but once in awhile, I always wonder "if i had played a little better..."

and then she'll pull out the jokes "Yeah... if Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind."

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Ths dip is certainly there...crazy enough, the angle of this video doesn't give my dip justice lol...

Nothing wrong with a dip at all...Tiger's been doing it forever

I like the way it looks....I try it and just chunk the ball

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I don't mean to perpetuate anything obnoxious on the forum, but I would be happy to post a video of my swing, despite being in a slight state of change right now.

Here is a DTL video from the range today. Still much to tighten up and improve on.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

No I do understand the point of your previous post... should have included that. You bring up a great point, and one that rings pretty true to my 31 putts today :(

sean,

If and if and if . . . there are lot of things scratch golfers are good at.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Here is a DTL video from the range today. Still much to tighten up and improve on.

good swing I can see that carrying 270 (at sea level with no wind) and if you are in the mid west with a 20 MPH breeze and burned out fairways a bit down hill...for sure thats goin' 300...

OK bro you're my daddy!

Note: This thread is 4993 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!