IGNORED

Ohio's Top 20 Golf Courses

Note: This thread is 3867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Kennsington, number 1, no way.  Avalon Lakes, Boulder Creek, Stonewater, and I could go on but non of these on your list? List isn''t bad but there are courses missing and one that has no business on the list especially where you have it located.  Kennsington is a good track with a great layout but it is underfunded, which leaves course condition sadly lacking.

In the Bag:
Driver:Adams Speedline F11 9 degree RIP Gamma 

3 Wood: Adams Fast 10 15 degrees Voodoo shaft
Hybrid: Irons: Mizuno MP59 Sensicore  XStiff

Wedges: Cleveland Gun Metal 52 56 degree

Putter: Rife: Belly Barbados Tropical

Ball: Titliest Pro V 1

If anyone from Ohio is within an hour of Cuyahoga Falls, (just north of Akron) give Brookledge Golf Club a try.  This is my home league course.  Over the past 5 years, they have made serious upgrades/improvements to the course.  All bunkers have been redone with the long blade shaggy grass around them, new sand and placement on some.  It's a treat to actually be IN one, rather than in the deep stuff that surrounds them.

Full irrigation system installed.  Fairways are lush, (bent grass tees, fairways and greens) well mowed and cut down to green fringe height.  They over seed roughs and although not deep, all rough areas are extremely dense making it difficult to get out of.  Greens are always top-notch but a tad on the long side for my tastes.  They always hold a good shot and many have several challenging pin placements.

Layout is nice and is an Arthur Hills redesign.  Par 71 with 3 par 3s on the front side.  Some forced carries on par 3s and off a couple of par 4 tees.  Birdie opportunities definitely exist.  We play from the blue tees.  The black tees (tips) are a different ball game.  I don't think I'd break 90 from back there.  Nice 'naturalized' areas on the course as well.  We call those areas 'happy grass' because you ain't happy to be there!

My partner and I were invited to play an outing at Firestone North late last season.  We played Brookledge Thursday evening during our league then played in the Firestone outing the following day.  Brookledge was in better shape than Firestone North.

On weekends, you can call Brookledge for the Par-71 special.  Two golfers, 18 holes with cart for $71.  Compared to some of the nicer courses in NE Ohio, this is a bargain.  You'll enjoy the track, feel it's a fair test that doesn't trick you or beat you up and agree that course conditions are at LEAST an 8 out of 10.

Put it on your list.  It was on the STO show called Tee It Up Ohio and got rave reviews.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...

The Sanctuary is an awesome course. Good layout. GREAT CONDITION. I always go back several times a year. Just played Seven Hills last week for the first time. Really nice course, as well. More elevation changes than Sanctuary. Also, Sable Creek is usually in good shape. They have 3 9 hole courses. Can't remember the 2 I like the best, but 2 of them are really nice to play together. Ask them, they'll tell you which 2 are the best. Can't go wrong with any of the 3 listed in that area. I prefer Sanctuary.

• 3 months later...

Public Near Canton

Windmill Lakes

Seven Hills

Zoar village

Oak Shadows

The Quarry

Those would be my top 5 public courses, in order

Private Courses in NE ohio

Brookside country Club

Fox Meadow (thanks Erik)

Firestone North

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...

We played last 9/13/13 with our golf league. Great value for the money. Greens were consistent and putted true. Decent length, fairly open. The newer 9, holes 19 - 27 are the best. 3 par 5's, 3 par 3's. No cart paths, no fancy but a good course. Very good for the price.

Note: This thread is 3867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!