IGNORED

Congrats Michelle Wie - Canadian Open Winner

Bauhnz
Note: This thread is 4991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You see this kind of finish in a couple of female players (dont see it much in make players though) - and i wouldnt advise to try it, you might break something (seriously), and just cuz you make the club point 30° left of your target wont help your ballstriking one cent. And trying to create finish positions in general isnt a good idea, they come naturally from what happend before.

I would have to disagree. The finish position is a results of what went on before. So if you try to obtain that finish position, everything before hand must also be in synch. I am talking about natually obtaining the finish position, not some artificial means of looking like that at the end with no correlation to the swing before.

I have been working on just that this year and have significantly improved my ball striking, e.g., straighter and longer drives. I would say when I make a good finish position and hold it after hitting the ball, I know I hit a good shot.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

And trying to create finish positions in general isnt a good idea, they come naturally from what happend before.

I think we are on the same page here

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

good for her. i like her, and i think she gets a little more crap than she deserves.

Yeah I agree!

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

good for her. i like her, and i think she gets a little more crap than she deserves.

I LOL'd when I read that.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

ok bro, whatever.

The day after her childish rules infraction freakout, major networks were still airing stories of how good she is for the LPGA. I thought, "If that's true, it doesn't say much for the rest of the LPGA".

But maybe she learned something and is a much better person now. I mean even the great Bobby Jones acted like a spoiled little brat when he walked off the course during the 1921 British Open. If Michelle has truly grown up after that incident, and apologized in some way for her disgraceful behaviour, then I apologize wholeheartedly.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

The day after her childish rules infraction freakout, major networks were still airing stories of how good she is for the LPGA. I thought, "If that's true, it doesn't say much for the rest of the LPGA".

i never said she doesnt deserve some of the crap she gets, people should be held accountable for their actions.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For pity's sake ...... the woman is still only twenty (that's two - zero) years old and for years has had to deal with a level of attention from the media and others that borders on hysteria - not to mention her domestic challenges, shall we call them.

The woman is doing very well indeed at such a tender age and promises a truly great career. Just look at that swing - who wants to bet against? I'm just sorry that I didn't get to see her in Torrey Pines in 2009 (she didn't qualify for the Samsung).

As to that post about the womens game vis-a-vis the mens - what a load of old cobblers. You obviously don't get it - and I'm not gonna be the one to try to enlighten you.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Personally I enjoy watching the girls, some of them hit it further than me and they are certainly far more talented than I will ever be, I tend to learn a bit from them and think they have a lot to offer. I loved watching Annika, she was truly awesome. Michelle Wie certainly has her moments, but as Chas says above she is only 20 years of age and has been in the public eye for a long time, I like her and I think she has a great swing and a lot to offer Golf (don't read as women's golf), the more people that get involved in our game, the better for all of us, men or women...

Note: This thread is 4991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!