IGNORED

Another one off the bucket List (Spy Glass)

jcard71
Note: This thread is 3676 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was fortunate enough to play Spy Glass Hill @ Pebble. I also played Half Moon Bay.

I thought Spy Glass was awesome, especially the first 5 holes. I would consider them the best stretch of 5 holes I've ever played. I played Spanish Bay & Pebble last yea,r and altough I loved Spy Glass, Pebble still blows it away in my opinion.

I wasn't that excited about dropping $350.00 on a round, so I called the pro shop and asked them if they had a twilight rate, and much to my delight the pro said that they were punching the greens, but if I could get to the course by noon (before they starting punching the greens) he would give me the the "punched greens" rate of $180! I made it to Spy Glass from San Fran in 2 hours...

The staff at Spy Glass were amazing! One of the asst pros even came out of the shop to meet me as I drove up and got my clubs out of the trunk.

I would rate my GOLF COURSE bucket list as follows:

Pebble Beach
St. Andrews (Old Course)
Spy Glass
Spanish Bay
Half Moon Bay -Ocean Course
Half Moon Bay -Old Course

Awesome, I haven't played any of those courses.
It's just about impossible to have the opportunity to play Cypress Point, but I'd put C.P. at the top of my list (probably above Augusta)

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I played Spyglass on Monday and also think it's a fabulous course. I liked it better than PB, personally. My buddy reeled off 10 straight pars to start his round, which was cool to watch. I birdied 7 and shot par on 16 and can't wait to go back. My friend is getting the Duke's club membership ($300) which will allow for $185 rounds and $100 twilight (starts 5pm, so only 13 or so holes possible - not MY thing).

Nice that you have a golf bucket list. I should make one.

How was the weather down there?

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Isn't 2 hours from SF to MB really fast? I remember it being a bit of a drive, also lots of curves in certain parts.

I paid the regular fee when I played Spyglass - $225. $350, ouch. Nice break on the price.

I don't have a bucket list, maybe Chambers Bay. I'd like to have a career round on a well known course though.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played Spyglass on Monday and also think it's a fabulous course. I liked it better than PB, personally. My buddy reeled off 10 straight pars to start his round, which was cool to watch. I birdied 7 and shot par on 16 and can't wait to go back. My friend is getting the Duke's club membership ($300) which will allow for $185 rounds and $100 twilight (starts 5pm, so only 13 or so holes possible - not MY thing).

Weather was perfect! 75 degrees and blue skies!

Isn't 2 hours from SF to MB really fast? I remember it being a bit of a drive, also lots of curves in certain parts.

2 hours is doable without speeding. The windy part is if you take highway 17. I always take the 101 to the 156. Faster and safer.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

• 3 years later...

I played this course today.  This is my 4th Pebble Bach courses (DM, SB, PB, SG) in the last 4 months.   I can now remove it from my bucket list.  Next on the list ... playing the Bandon Dunes courses.

Just going by my scores, SG & SB were the hardest.  SB's green were much harder.  Going by the view, this one would rate 2nd after PB.   But don't let 2nd rating fool you.  The course view is still awesome, something to die for.

I found SP & SB very similar in look and feel.  6 months later, I will have hard time remembering which was which.  If I had a limited budget, I'd play PB for sure & pick either SG or SB (cheaper than SG).

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3676 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!